It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Reporting from Beijing — The distant rumble of artillery practice in North Korea sent shell-shocked residents of Yeonpyeong Island scurrying to their bomb shelters Friday as a U.S. aircraft carrier cruised toward the region for military exercises this weekend.

www.latimes.com...

Seems NK are having their own war games.
edit on 26-11-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Let's just hope one of their rounds doesn't "accidentally" stray where it shouldn't and start another incident.

edit on 26-11-2010 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Israel does appear to have a little sway over US foreign policy. If they really want to stop the factories supplying the ME powers with weapons then it does start to make sense.
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I don't think Israel would do things like that by their own volition. Sadly they are being used just like the Arabs are used for their own demises.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

I agree.

There has been talk of numerous nations breaking away from the $ for a couple of years. The fact that China and Russia have done this now is not really connected to the NK incident IMO.

China has made no real move on this in either direction. They are being very diplomatic to all. They don't seem to want to show support for any side, or condemn any side either.
Those are not the actions of a nation decided on defending their tiny ally.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Both Russia and China have far more to loose through defending NK than they do from staying out of it, or even siding with the rest of the planet.

I find it extremely improbable that either would abandon international agreements, trade and basic peace with the majority of nations just to support a childish little state like NK.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
lost in the web,

While the media blitzed the world with N.K and S.K. , did anyone follow the recent fleet movement in the M.E. Was the French A.C. called back due to a valve leak just south of Crete, simply pointing to the obvious, dont look at what is being shown but rather that which isn't shown.

friendly gesture.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Let's just hope one of their rounds doesn't "accidentally" stray where it shouldn't and start another incident.

edit on 26-11-2010 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

I think at this point you can almost bank on that happening. There are too many things going on somewhat behind the scenes for this to end quietly.

The Chinese Foreign Minister getting in touch with US, and Korean bigwigs, Phillipines getting ready to repatriate their people, new 'defence' minister as a career military man, troops on several borders moving, North Koreans headed home to 'protect' their leader . . .

In all of that rabble rousing, the one country that has been strangely silent in all of this . . . and one that usually has something to say about everything . . .

Iran.

Don't know if it means anything, but it's scarey quiet on that front.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

reply to post by minkey53

The article is speaking about Hillary Clinton. I will edit the link to make it clear.

I love people automatic assume that Clinton is Bill Clinton. Next time, we just can't say "Clinton", but Ms. or Mr. to clarify any misunderstanding.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

China doesn't want to be seen as siding with NK. But that doesn't mean China is totally detached from the incident. They do not want any skirmishes in the neighborhood that will eventually hurt their economy.

This incident is totally made up by TPTB, because no one in the East Asia wants war in the region, period.

Get that engraved in your brain whoever plotting this evil.

If you really want it, go ahead with Iran and Israel.

Israel demolished the Mosque in Palestine and what's next?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I'm of the belief that if China loses all influence over North Korea, to the extent China is seriously concerned about North Korea, that it will not only tighten energy and other supplies to North Korea, but will utilise assets in Pyongyang's ruling elite and military infrastructure to ensure things get back under control and calmed down. What actions that may ensue would probably be hidden from the world from the most part unless it's as dramatic as a coup.

I say China has assets, as I presume they do as a 'safety valve' to trigger if they feel they are in a position where North Korea is making them anxious.

In 2008, it was reported at the time that China had massed troops on the Chinese-North Korean border, reportedly in anticipation of a North Korean refugee crisis.

If we trace the timeline, we will see that not long after that, reports emerged that 'The Dear Leader' was ill, and some rumours which claimed he was dead. I think China was acting on that, on what would happen if he died at the time.

I think China does worry about North Korea, and we may well see that if things get out of hand where even China can not influence North Korea, and where assets (if there are assets) can not be utilised effectively in North Korea, than we perhaps should watch the North Korean-Chinese Border as well as the DMZ.

reply to post by Regensturm

In 2004, both countries signed an agreement stating that they would no longer carry out those means of propaganda. I assume that agreement null and void now.

Indeed. After North Korea warning South Korea not to drop leaflets or have their loudspeakers, it will be interesting to see what happens next.
edit on 26-11-2010 by Regensturm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
There, well at least the title of this thread is now correct,,
YEONPYEONG ISLAND, South Korea — North Korea warned Friday that U.S.-South Korean plans for military maneuvers put the peninsula on the brink of war, and appeared to launch its own artillery drills within sight of an island it showered with a deadly barrage this week. The fresh artillery blasts were especially defiant because they came as the U.S. commander in South Korea, Gen. Walter Sharp, toured the South Korean island to survey damage from Tuesday's hail of North Korean artillery fire that killed four people.

"U.S. commander in South Korea, Gen. Walter Sharp," into a war zone,like that very reckless."

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

OkY...WHAT DO YOU MEAN, " NO ONE WAS KILLED!?!"

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferrox

Calm down, that was reports from 3 days ago.

I suppose on 9/12 you had all the bodies counted?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

No one in the region want wars including North Korea.

Defiant? What you mean defiant? whoever wrote that junk piece of sh*t.

Are you saying NK does not have the right to have a bombing exercise in their own territory?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect

Israel does appear to have a little sway over US foreign policy. If they really want to stop the factories supplying the ME powers with weapons then it does start to make sense.
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I don't think Israel would do things like that by their own volition. Sadly they are being used just like the Arabs are used for their own demises.

USA and Israel use each other. They are one and the same these days. It would do Israel no harm if North Koreas technologies were made unavailable to the other terror ME nations and the USA made this happen.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
China opposes any military acts in exclusive economic zone without permission

China changes stance from "concerned" to "opposes" joint US-ROK Yellow Sea drill.

edit on 11/26/2010 by kyrebelyell2004 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

reply to post by kyrebelyell2004

I told you China doesn't want any skirmishes in the peninsula. This "defiant" military exercises by the joint SK and US should be stopped. I totally agree with the Chinese perspective.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyrebelyell2004

China changes stance from "concerned" to "opposes" joint US-ROK Yellow Sea drill.

So, according to this article, if the "exercises" are carried out greater than 200 nautical miles from the coast, then US/S. Korea will be in "compliance".

I would urge the parties to do so--better to "err" on the side of caution...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyrebelyell2004

"exclusive economic zone" so what happened to free trade between china and U.S.A ,, are there other "exclusive economic zone's" in the near future,, ??

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect
reply to post by BobAthome

No one in the region want wars including North Korea.

Hmmm, you might want to review your current position. Familiarize yourself with the rhetoric emerging from the Stalinist state, over the past two years. Not exactly the manifesto of a peace loving pacifist

new topics

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join