It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I agree the world is all screwed up.. This is just part of the screw up making the headlines.. Eventually thou it will get cleaned up. History tells us this story a few times.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
i know you will be Boon thats why i like debating you. when your proven wrong you admit it. and yes it was 19 years ago But feelings toward Israel don't change. if anything they get worse.

Pencil Saudi as staying neutral. because thats where i honestly think they will stay. unless they are attacked then they will get into it.

I think Saudis will have a tough decision
to make. Do they decide to side with their
religious beliefs or with their monetary
investments. If they side against Israel,
then they lose all that economic
investment and money and arms
from the US. Is Islam worth it?
I think we will soon see but I
think they will take the money and run

Greedy corrupt men choose money
over religion about 98% of the time.
Why would the Saudis be any different?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It seems to be worse and worse in North Korea...

From a week ago...
South Korea reports huge rise in defectors from the North

Last three years brings 10,000 refugees from North Korea – as many as in the previous half-century

Maybe that's why North Korea is acting like this. Verge of collapse...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yeah I posted that news a week ago. Defectors are sharing top secret news and what not with the enemies of North Korea.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Maybe that's why North Korea is acting like this. Verge of collapse...

that's a very valid point V
star for u

but of the same token,
none of the countries involved
in this conflict will have
booming economies,
not even China.

So everybody is on about an even keel
with it's current status. They're ALL
hurting economically.

The biggest flaw I see here is globalism
does NOT work. When you have ALL the
countries in the world tied to a one-currency
economy, when one falls ... they ALL fall.
This is the very reason why a one world
government should NOT be implemented
at all costs.

If the economies are separated by different
currencies, then it has a layered and controlled
destruction and thus can be stopped incrementally.
However, with just one, it's either
shoot the moon or die.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Still this is what happened before WW2. The Great Depression. I see all around me, my country and the world the economies falling sharply.
Causes of the Great Depression
Some how we can make this work better and more efficient.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The USS George Washington, an aircraft carrier carrying 75 warplanes and a crew of over 6,000, shipped out towards Korean waters on Wednesday, Reuters reported.

Gonna have some fun. China, I'm sure, will deploy subs in the area too for some added fun.

Maybe they'll pull another Kitty Hawk incident... who knows.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
My personal belief is that this incident shows that the two Koreas are once again testing each other through a serious game of brinkmanship. The south announced it would hold these military drills. The north said it wouldn't accept this, especially in contested territory. The south went ahead and fired shells here despite clear protest from the north. The north then responded, and so did the south. I really dont think this came as any surprise to either side. They are two opponents that are sizing each other up and having another face down. Nobody has really backed off in over 50 years. How each side decides to spin this incident is what I'm interested in. Will the north try to get food and supplies for a relaxation in tension, or will the south seek to ramp up sanctions and make things harder on the north. In the north the leader will probably crow about what a noble show of strength this was by his people. South Korea has the Secretary General to voice their side. What any side had to gain here is uncertain, except to show their resolve to their own agenda. In an actual war, the south would be at an advantage in finances and having double the population of the north, not to mention their U.S card. The U.S and China have no interest in war and they are the major backers of the two Koreas. The U.S and China are in fact friends and important trade partners. I believe this incident was nothing more than a foolish facedown that China and the U.S are shaking their heads at and rolling their eyeballs.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Well, I think we can rationally say this is over for now, I think that now the US and SK will sanction North korea even more. NK will say these terms are popastrous and that they will never accept them, then they accept. Or they accept them straight forward. Then a couple months or even weeks later they will shows us flat out that they have broke the sanctions.
From then on I have no idea.

(just my opinion of course.)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It seems they just found two new bodies on the island... Sad... now will this lead to nothing or be counted as ``too much``? Probably nothing will happen.

South Korea says bodies of 2 male civilians found on island attacked by North Korea
edit on 24-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Miltary Exercises in West Sea to Start Sunday

www.dailynk.com...

South Korea and the U.S. have announced that they will conduct combined military exercises in the West Sea next week in response to North Korea’s surprise assault on Yeonpyeong Island yesterday afternoon. The military exercise, which is scheduled to continue for three days from November 28th to December 1st, is due to include aircraft carrier the USS George Washington.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
It seems they just found two new bodies on the island... Sad... now will this lead to nothing or be counted as ``too much``? Probably nothing will happen.

South Korea says bodies of 2 male civilians found on island attacked by North Korea

What the hell, 4 people lives are gone because of north korea freaking games. 4 sons, 2 soldiers, 2 civilians. Gone, nothing to look forwar to in life, no wives or children. Its all gone, all because of these communists little games.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I don't see what the big deal here is. NK killed a ton of SK soldiers a while back and there was no real response that put them in their place. This latest action is the standard ti-for-tat crap that NK does, and it is also nothing more than a political move for them as well. They know that the world will not take any real action against them, so things like this have become VERY profitable for them.

The only thing I know for sure is I feel sorry for the average Joe who live in NK. The place is a CRAPHOLE. One step DOWN from a third world country. Anybody who says otherwise is talking out of their ass.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I don't see what the big deal here is. NK killed a ton of SK soldiers a while back and there was no real response that put them in their place. This latest action is the standard ti-for-tat crap that NK does, and it is also nothing more than a political move for them as well. They know that the world will not take any real action against them, so things like this have become VERY profitable for them.

The only thing I know for sure is I feel sorry for the average Joe who live in NK. The place is a CRAPHOLE. One step DOWN from a third world country. Anybody who says otherwise is talking out of their ass.

Only problem is, I don't think they ever attacked a civilian population or destroyed civilian infastructure.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
One point that I missed with my previous post is the political side of this incident. Both Korean governments will be able to use this incident to their advantage and shore up public support. Whenever a country is faced with a security crisis, the good citizens rally around the flag. We all saw it here when 9/11 happened. What I find appalling is the governments involved treating their people like oh so many pawns in chess.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 1FutureMarine1

no, it was a warship, but it did kill 46 sailors.

Source: 46 South Korean Sailors Killed

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1FutureMarine1
Only problem is, I don't think they ever attacked a civilian population
or destroyed civilian infastructure.

when I hear statements like this
my mind starts remembering events
past like when GW Bush was criticized
for bombing civilian infrastructure in Afgh
and Iraq. And Bush said something like
"Well they shouldn't have terrorist in
civilian communities" or something to that nature.
Doesn't that apply here. It has been confirmed
that SK Marines were in the same area
as civilians. Doesn't the presence of
SK Marines make it a legitimate military
target to NK? Or is it a double standard
only for use by the US. ?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Was it really a NKorean torpedo/sub or was it a chinese one testing America's navy defenses? After all, if NKorea gets blamed, no big deal... but if China admitted it... you don't want to know the consequences..

Anyway... if you read the Armstice document signed...the US is allowed only 25 000 troops on the ground and IN THE AREA of South Korea.

Anymore than that and it's an ACT OF WAR against NKorea.... but eh, it's the US, so it can breach stupid agreements like that 24/7 if it wants right?

The aircraft carrier got 6000 troops... so by bringing it in South Korean waters, it's a violation of the armstice and a declaration of war against NKorea...

So when NKorea says that US military exercises are an act of war... they are right, it's not just NKorea BS...well if the US brings more troops from outside SKorea..

But eh, NKorea did enough provocations to warrant this violation.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1FutureMarine1
What the hell, 4 people lives are gone because of north korea freaking games. 4 sons, 2 soldiers, 2 civilians. Gone, nothing to look forwar to in life, no wives or children. Its all gone, all because of these communists little games.

to quote a famous statement

"War is hell"

they know that when they sign
the dotted line.

I remember a saying from the
HBO series entitled "Band of brothers"
and it came from Capt. Spiers to
a Private Blythe sitting in a foxhole
on the German front lines after the Allies
took Carantan.

Ronald Spiers: The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends upon it.

www.imdb.com...

Once you sign the dotted line to become a soldier,
you are already dead. Getting to go home afterward
is an added bonus.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

seen the series aware of the quote, you put it more eloquantly

"Once you sign the dotted line to become a soldier,
you are already dead. Getting to go home afterward
is an added bonus. "

i speak for myself but i wish i spoke for everyone; those words couldnt be more true. We have better start realizing what those men and women do for us, they know those rules when they sign the dotted line.
I watch this situation and i cant help but thinking it makes perfect sense, one war is "dying" down and another is begining, its WW11 all over again just with the eastern countries being a bit further south.
i live they die, fingers in ears, hands over eyes, go back to life people only tradgedy to see here.

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join