It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Quite right what you're saying.

DarthPhobos, yes it's sad to see how the facts get turned around by both sides before we get to see them.

I see provocation from all sides.

butcherguy, that may be the truth, but not the full truth. Remember that there are at least two nowadays popular scenarios to take control of a "place" held by a somewhat "hostile" being:

1. What I described in my earlier post; Reichstag fire, 9/11 plus Operation Iraqi Freedom if you buy it, possible scenarios for a war with Iran...

2. Spread an image of people & country in urgent need of something "We" can offer, thus interfering in their economy, defense and what not.

So, if the humanitarian campaign on your target does not take you to your goal, you step up the effort.

I challenge everyone here to keep an eye on things evolving elsewhere while the Korean conflict goes on.
Some key political figures may just be doing something while you're blinded staring at your favorite chap on TV making a statement of how he condemns this and that.
edit on 24-11-2010 by illvminati because: addition

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Obama has a SecDef that was once Director of Central Intelligence. He needs to heed advice from Gates on this matter.

edit on 24/11/10 by MikeboydUS because: correction

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

WHAT HAS YOUR POST GOT TO DO WITH KOREAN BOMBS OOZI???

Gem? Wanna explain that?

blah

It relates to the issue perfectly, it indicates the economic factors and ramifications that MUST be preeminent in the minds of US strategy makers and their Chinese counterparts, I dare say the apparent economic weakness, collapsing $$, of their great patron and ally will be playing on the minds of SKorean and NKorean leaders too.

The fact that it involves a MAJOR US company and not the previously mentioned Chinese Russian deal makes it both newsworthy and pertinent.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by butcherguy

Obama has a SecDef that was once Director of Central Intelligence. He needs to heed advice from Gates on this matter.

edit on 24/11/10 by MikeboydUS because: correction
Then let's hope the rumors that Obama is a narcissistic egomaniac are not true.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ni91ck
Is there some inside news from North Korea? Some people must have some news over there and maybe they sneaking it out of North Korea???

Good question, verifiable information from inside the decision making apparatus of NKorea is like gold dust, those that have it keep a tight grip and only the smallest of pinches reaches the likes of we.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

OK, I'm seeing lots of blast damage but not much if any shrapnel and no walls knocked down, admittedly a very limited sample of information, does this indicate anything about the munitions used, question directed at any of the posters with real military experience?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Finally nothing happened. These are usual skirmishes between North and South Korea over disputed territories. Everything went as expected.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

Originally posted by ni91ck
Is there some inside news from North Korea? Some people must have some news over there and maybe they sneaking it out of North Korea???

Good question, verifiable information from inside the decision making apparatus of NKorea is like gold dust, those that have it keep a tight grip and only the smallest of pinches reaches the likes of we.

Here you go www.kcna.co.jp... , Its a bit bias, but it gives you an idea of how the other side thinks
Vince

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Just heard on the news 8:32 am. That S.Korea will continue its military exercises today. This is what the North claims caused them to attack last night. Today would be a good day to keep a eye on things. I hope and pray that this will be just like the other times.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dthwraith

Yeah, unfortunately prayer doesn't always cover human stupidity..

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
you can guarentee that the north will want to move to discussions pretty quickly . Hoping they can get themselves more of a bargaining chip.
I dont like how china are not condemning it,and recently called themselves best pals with russia. Scary stuff

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

I have to agree with MikeBoydUS. I'm pretty certain our planners envisioned every possible scenario including our possible economic collapse and its ramifications both militarily and politically. I'd be surprised if they didn't have a multitude of contingency plans for almost every conceivable event over the next several decades. If I recall, the military also recently assesed our advantages / disadvantages through 2050 or so.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
reply to post by Morgil

OK, I'm seeing lots of blast damage but not much if any shrapnel and no walls knocked down, admittedly a very limited sample of information, does this indicate anything about the munitions used, question directed at any of the posters with real military experience?

I think these pictures illustrate the colateral fire damage from secondary fires and shockwave, not damage from a direct impact.
I haven't seen any pics of impact craters etc, yet. Maybe today will shed a bit more light on the matter.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra
reply to post by Thepreye

I have to agree with MikeBoydUS. I'm pretty certain our planners envisioned every possible scenario including our possible economic collapse and its ramifications both militarily and politically. I'd be surprised if they didn't have a multitude of contingency plans for almost every conceivable event over the next several decades. If I recall, the military also recently assesed our advantages / disadvantages through 2050 or so.

Err, by what you write you agree with me, here's some help for many folk not just PK try reading the actual words as written rather than trying to glean the intent, mood or "side" of another poster.

I bet simply by what people here think they've read many posters think I either support the NKorean regime or dislike "Americans" neither is true, try your best to read what others say rather than yet again failing in your quest for telepathy.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

If they were firing in disputed waters or not. It's irrelevant.

Shoot at civilians. Not excused its your on people idiot.
Sink your sub. Not excused its your on people idiot.

I cannot believe the sack these people have. They also are given aid too. WTF what gives.

Sink my boat I'm very pissed.
Now you launch a barrage at land in populated areas.

Sorry gloves are coming off.

Everyone prepare.

I'm on the upper east coast of the usa. I'm ready for what ever is about to come of this.
You have 15 days to prepare.That is about how long it is going to take to get logistics going. Equipment is enroute. I repeat equipment is enroute.

People need to prepare.
No electricty.
No food
No water.
No heat
No wood
No Alcohol.
No Antibiotics

Are U ready?

No
Your dead.

Back up gen check.
Back up pump check.
Propane storage filled check
Water unlimited supply. check
Food stocked to the max. check
Food out doors. Plenty of deer meat, rabbit, canadian geese. check

I have a couple of years before I'm dead how bout you.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Well I had to sleep at some point I'm back on the story 20 plus pages

UPDATE WE GOT AN UPDATE

U.S. to Send Carrier for Joint Exercises Off Korea

AIR CRAFT CARRIERS SENT TO KOREA!!!

www.nytimes.com...

UPDATE----------------------------

Now this is heating up!!!!!

What you guys thinks we called it yesterday when they start sending in carriers and they go over the maritime boundry .1cm north korea will attack.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

One more thing.

I'm am not they prey.
I am the hunter.

There are about 4 USA ASTUTE CLASS SUBS OFF THE COAST OF KOREA RIGHT NOW READY TO STRIKE.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

One more thing.

I'm am not they prey.
I am the hunter.

There are about 4 USA ASTUTE CLASS SUBS OFF THE COAST OF KOREA RIGHT NOW READY TO STRIKE.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by I AM LEGION
Finally nothing happened. These are usual skirmishes between North and South Korea over disputed territories. Everything went as expected.

That's what I said yesterday, but people overreacted as usual and started claiming "but they've never shelled an island before!" as if shelling an island is any more worse than shelling on the mainland.

edit on 24/11/10 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/11/10 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I may have mispoken/misremembers whatever.

I mean OHIO class subs.

Those are the ones we know about. Goolge it. Ohio class subs deployed. see what comes up.

There is so much hardware there now it is uncomprehensionable.

Prepare people. I have friends that are in KOREA right now and they are #ting there pants. They want out and people are fleeing.

Check the Flights out of SEOL are they booked solid. YES

The gloves are about to come off young KIM needs a spanking. I hope we don't go nuke.

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join