It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
reply to post by kyrebelyell2004

I think China, remembers General MacArthur...
Thats why they are reaching out.. j/k

Was it when China kicked his bottom with no air cover or artillery or when MacArthur wanted to nuke China?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Deleted. Pointlessly off-topic.
edit on 24-11-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

the only fact in your questions is why..

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
you also need to add Cuba Venezuela to the axis part as well and dont forget to add the terrorist also

reply to post by boondock-saint

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

the only fact in your questions is why..

So you're saying China did have air support and artillery? And that MacArthur didn't want to nuke China?

Sorry, but I just finished ready a book about the Korean war.. and those two things are FACT.... China didn't have much artillery at the beginning of the war and certainly not air cover...and that's when mere chinaman, as MacArthur said, kicked his butt... of course they took a hell lot of casualties, but they still kicked the UN forces back to the 38th parallel.
edit on 24-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Curio

I can agree with you to a point. Yet sooner or later the powder keg will blow. Hurling hundreds of rockets artillery, or whatever you want to call it with the intent to kill and destroy is pretty crazy, it would be the equivalent of someone shooting a machine gun at your house. Sooner or later South Korea, will nut up. I can just imagine what the people are saying to their leaders right now in south korea. I can imagine they are pissed, and if their not, then they are doomed.

If I lived in Seoul I wouldn't be too keen for my leaders to sign my death warrant. This isn't a situation where the SK troops are off to some foreign land and everybody else is safe back home - if it "kicks off" then you're almost certainly looking at tens of thousands of SK civilians being killed, at the very least....probably a lot more. They better be damn sure it's worth it. This is pretty much a MAD scenario - no winners here.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

You may be correct, but Iran is not an Arab country. And apparently there is no love between the two nations.

Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah probably refrained from expressing at least half this sentiment in his meeting today with President Obama: On June 5, he reportedly told French Defense Minister Hervé Morin that "There are two countries in the world that do not deserve to exist: Iran and Israel."

blog.foreignpolicy.com...

ETA: This does prove your point about Saudi-Israel relations.
edit on 24-11-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

reply to post by kyrebelyell2004

I think China, remembers General MacArthur...
Thats why they are reaching out.. j/k

Everybody was afraid of MacArthur,,, cause the S.O.B was usually 110% right when it came to outmanuvering the enemy. The guy was tactical genius id rate him with Alexander if he had had the backing or maybe a ceasre.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Now Philippine is joining the fight.

Philippine forces ready to help South Korea if needed

Amid the growing tension between South Korea and North Korea, the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) announced Wednesday that it is ready to help any nation under the United Nations flag.

AFP Chief of Staff Gen. Ricardo David said that it will be the decision of policy makers of government to send an AFP contingent to South Korea, in case it is asked.

I bet NKorea is scared now! Just wait till Canada chips in, they'll run back to mommy!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
sorry Boon but your wrong on the issue of Saudi and Israel. it doesn't matter how much money the U.S. gives Saudi they will never side with Israel, let alone with Israel against another arab country. They would stay neutral or side with Iran before Israel.

Why do you think Israel was forced to eat Scuds during the '91 gulf war? because Saudi told the U.S. if Israel joins the Allies that Saudi and every other arab country fighting Iraq would help Iraq.

well ur right on the scuds part
however, the longer time goes on,
the more Saudi tends to be westernized.
And Saudis have huge investments
in American infrastructure and if America
falls then it will have grave consequences
on Saudi investments.
Saudis have become indecisive on the
anti-Israel agenda these days.
And 1991 was 19 yrs ago.
Lots of things change in that
length of time. But if I'm proven
wrong, then I will be the first to
say I was wrong.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Everybody was afraid of MacArthur,,, cause the S.O.B was usually 110% right when it came to outmanuvering the enemy. The guy was tactical genius id rate him with Alexander if he had had the backing or maybe a ceasre.

Yeah a genius during WW2... leaving his troops in Manila like that... real hero.

His only good move was Inchon during the Korean war. After crossing the 38th parallel it was epic fail.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

the nuke part. I dunno about the Chinese not having arty in that battle in November, but I was suggesting the nuke part yes. I was joking as well. who knows maybe if he was aloud to invade North Korea, we would not be in this mess at the moment..

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Seriously... I thought it was common knowledge that MacArthur was fired because he wanted to nuke the Chinese? Not just for his disagreements and total non-respect for Truman... Well.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

i know you will be Boon thats why i like debating you. when your proven wrong you admit it. and yes it was 19 years ago But feelings toward Israel don't change. if anything they get worse.

Pencil Saudi as staying neutral. because thats where i honestly think they will stay. unless they are attacked then they will get into it.

link   

Actually they do. They featured him in a movie a year back.
Source
George Marshall, John Stuart, and Patrick Hurley.

link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by BobAthome

Yeah a genius during WW2... leaving his troops in Manila like that... real hero.

His only good move was Inchon during the Korean war. After crossing the 38th parallel it was epic fail.

And his Island hopping,, pure genius,,, and saved a lot of his mens lives.
Remember the old strategy was "blood for every inch" he showed "command" that thinking worked too!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

he wanted to nuke the airbases bombing his troops..

my point was he was a crazy general who had guts.. Before you say it.. No he was not perfect...
It was a joke..

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Yep sorry.

The line from the Korean war was... Die for a tie! ... Kinda like Afghanistan or Iraq now... This time it's... die for democracy or something like that.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Nice one.. haha

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

Time for some homework: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The report you SO like to spam is actually a pretty mixed bag. Yes, the North has a massive amount of manpower - but they're equipped with mostly ancient weaponry (which they likely don't have spare parts to maintain) which is severely lacking in important areas like targeting and accuracy. And their troops could be in even worse state than their equipment seeing as they probably only get a slice of bread and a cup of water once a week. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they could be easily beaten......but it's the "quality not the quantity" and all that.

Plus, I did some of the homework - do I get a gold star?

Of course it's a mixed bag. I never said we'd lose, just that it wouldn't be an easy stroll in the park.

However the troops are well-fed and have been for a very long time. The only people starving are the civvies. Also:

"In the 1980s, the DPRK produced a significant amount of self- propelled artillery by mating towed artillery tubes with chassis already in the inventory. Also produced are a variety of self-propelled guns, howitzers, gun-howitzers (ranging from 122-mm to 152-mm), and two versions of the KOKSAN gun (170-mm). The DPRK also manufactures at least three calibers of multiple rocket launchers - 107-mm, 122-mm, and 240-mm - and mounts many of them on heavy trucks.
The DPRK produces a wide range of former Soviet antitank guns, from 57-mm to 100-mm. This includes the 76-mm field gun and SU-85 100- mm SP. Infantry fire support weapons include mortars ranging from 60- mm to 160-mm, hand-held rocket-propelled grenade launchers, and AT- 1/SNAPPER and AT-3/SAGGER wire-guided antitank missiles. The DPRK probably produces the AT-4/5."

So it seems you only skimmed the reading. Partial credit, C-.
edit on 24-11-2010 by HattoriHanzou because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join