It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

link   

Originally posted by Signals
FINALLY some real DOOM

It appears that since all the false doom has come and gone, true doom has and will come to pass!

You see, all the false doom predicitions had to be made, therefore putting us into a state of calm, which is when true doom always strikes, when least expected.

(not that I support doom, just trying to look at this from a doomer standpoint)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08cb4f28adf2.jpg[/atsimg]

incidently, 1000 millidooms = 1 megadoom. but 1000 millidoom sounds more doomworthy
edit on 23-11-2010 by SaturnFX because: Doom!!!!

link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Nice job slayer
+ star
This is what ATS is about. True factual contribution.

link   

Originally posted by 1947flxible
WHO CARES IF ITS ARTILLARY GUNS OR ROCKETS, they both go bang when they land, gezzzz!

agreed and when people start waking up that this is a major attack .. they run to the bathroom to wipe.. !!!! 200 rounds .. is MAJOR.. ether missle or artillery ..

2nd ..

link   
Does anyone know whether or not if SK will go on with the training exercises? Did NK succeed in stopping them from continuing?
edit on 23-11-2010 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1947flxible
WHO CARES IF ITS ARTILLARY GUNS OR ROCKETS, they both go bang when they land, gezzzz!

Neither do I, but certain individuals feel the need to say they are rockets, and then insist rockets aren't artillery.
I was just pointing out there is indeed rocket artillery.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
Does anyone know whether or not if SK will go on with the training exercises? Did NK succeed in stopping them from continuing?
edit on 23-11-2010 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

Haven't heard..

2nd

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Apparently, the SK president said there should be retaliation.

link   
Here is an interetsing article of N Koreas military forces and strategies. They seem determined if push comes to shove and, if this article is true, they appaer to have the tools to back their will.

www.rense.com...

link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Guys I can’t go into details but,
China is not going to side with North Korea, the Chinese will give north Korea no support and based on what I have heard even have plans of attacking north Korea them self’s.
There are allot of smoke screens on the international stage right now

wow
ummmm well
I am just dying to know
how u know this info
as it doesn't make sense
to me since China would appear
to make a huge profit off war materials
sold to NK if they were fighting
a war, why invade ur biggest
customer? hmmmmm

as Spock would say:

"This is not logical"

link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Vitchilo

Interesting..Will we ever know who fired the first shot?
Usually that point is very vague but it sounds extreme even by NK's standards..

Why is everyone on here acting as if they personally know the NK leader? You guys don't know him or how he acts so stop acting as if you do.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I don't understand why so many people here on ATS think that China would actually go to war with the west? Um, excuse me, but the United States of America is China's biggest importer. Aside from Hong Kong, Japan comes in at third. What possible economic gain would the Chinese get from losing a market of over 467 million people? If China destroys Japan, America, and Canada, their exports will suffer. In no way would China find any benefit in nuking/invading/destroying South Korea and ultimately the west because there is too much money to be made.

North Korea is alone in this, and no one is going to nuke America for assisting South Korea in fending off this annoying little mosquito.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

WHOA ~~!!!!

www.cnn.com...

South Korea's president called on his military forces to use "action" and not talk to punish North Korea for deadly artillery attacks on Tuesday, but international diplomats appealed for restraint. FULL STORY l KOREA Q&A

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Guys I can’t go into details but,

China is not going to side with North Korea, the Chinese will give north Korea no support and based on what I have heard even have plans of attacking north Korea them self’s.

There are allot of smoke screens on the international stage right now

It would be wise for china to invade NK and simply take over...convert NK into part of china.

and frankly, that may not be a bad deal for the typical NK citizen...China is like 4000 times better living conditions than NK...and thats really not saying much.

Of course, it would be ideal if they were able to shrug off their government and merge with SK...however, I am wondering if the people would even know how to handle that much liberty all at once. there is a worry..like a person coming straight out of prison after being locked up for like 30 years...the institutionalization warps a person and they break down when given complete freedom once again..China may be better suited for that actually..at least initially.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
More rubbish news, like how many times have these two fired at each other?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'm So Ronery
So ronery
So ronery and sadry arone

There's no one
Just me onry
Sitting on my rittle throne
I work rearry hard and make up great prans
But nobody ristens, no one understands
Seems like no one takes me serirousry

And so I'm ronery
A rittle ronery
Poor rittle me

There's nobody
I can rerate to
Feel rike a bird in a cage
It's kinda sihry
But not rearry
Because it's fihring my body with rage

I'm the smartest most crever most physicarry fit
But nobody else seems to rearize it
When I change the world maybe they'll notice me
But until then I'rr just be ronery
Rittle ronery, poor rittle me

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
maybe this is the reason

North Korea Will Turn Seoul 'Into a Sea of Flame' Unless Music Is Turned Down The North Korean military has threatened to annihilate the South Korean capital Seoul if they don't turn the damn music down. The South has been blaring music along the border in response to the North's alleged sinking of a warship. The General Staff of the Korean People's Army said that if the South Koreans don't cut the #, "The revolutionary armed forces of the DPRK (North Korea) will launch an all-out military strike to blow up the group's means for the psychological warfare." The South has long had loudspeakers placed at 11 locations along the militarized 38th Parallel, but suspended the psyops campaign in 2004 as part of a warming of relations between the two countries. The North Koreans said it would not only target the sound system, but that the South "should bear in mind that the military retaliation of the DPRK is a merciless strike foreseeing even the turn of Seoul, the stronghold of the group of traitors, into a sea of flame." The recent sound assault is a retaliation for the North allegedly sinking the South Korean warship Cheonan in disputed waters in March. The North routinely threatens to totally destroy the South over just about anything. Here is one of the songs the South reportedly plays along the border, HuH (Hit Your Heart), by the K-Pop group 4minute. No wonder they're so pissed off.

gawker.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Does anyone remember the problems unification had between the two Germany's when the wall came down? Now imagine it on a much larger scale.

For those who say that China should take over North Korea and make it a part of their country. pppffftt.

I would seriously recommend reading "Korean" History. They have been punched, kicked, attacked, raped and invaded from the North many, many times. Not only that but China NOW has more in common and much larger economic ties with South Korea than it does with that giant economically backwards welfare state just across the river.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ok.. so they exchanged artillery fire, missles or rockets .... FOR AN ENTIRE HOUR ~!!! ??
reply to post by andy1033

Firing between the two sides lasted for about an hour in the Yellow Sea, a longstanding flash point between the two Koreas. In March, a South Korean warship, the Cheonan, was sunk in the area with the loss of 46 lives in a suspected North Korean torpedo attack.

Lee called "indiscriminate attacks on civilians are a grave matter." He said that since "North Korea maintains an offensive posture, South Korea's military forces -- the army, air force and navy -- "should unite and retaliate against [the North's] provocation with multiple-fold firepower."

"Reckless attacks on South Korean civilians are not tolerable, especially when South Korea is providing North Korea with humanitarian aid," Lee said, according to Yonhap.

"As for such attacks on civilians, a response beyond the rule of engagement is necessary. Our military should show this through action rather than an administrative response" such as statements or talks, he said.

After the incident, Yonhap said the Seoul government "banned its nationals from entering the communist state, indefinitely postponed their scheduled Red Cross talks and began looking at ways to push the United Nations to condemn Pyongyang."

This latest action occurred during South Korean maritime military drills. North Korea said the incident stemmed from those exercises, codenamed Hoguk, and called the activity "war maneuvers for a war of aggression."

The "South Korean puppet group" engaged in "reckless military provocation" by firing "dozens of shells" inside its territorial waters "despite the repeated warnings of the DPRK" or Democratic People's Republic of Korea, the North's military said in a statement. "The revolutionary armed forces of the DPRK standing guard over the inviolable territorial waters of the country took such decisive military step as reacting to the military provocation of the puppet group with a prompt powerful physical strike," the statement said.

"It is a traditional mode of counter-action of the army of the DPRK to counter the firing of the provocateurs with merciless strikes," said the statement, which warned that it "will unhesitatingly continue taking merciless military counter-actions against it" if the border is crossed.

edit on 23-11-2010 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Well if china do start make some unexpected moves against north Korea it will go some way to validate what I have said. I am not however going to tell you how I know this or the exact nature of the information I have other than to say china are not going to be the guardian angles of north Korea

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join