It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

...well I know there are 30,000 American troops that would say the U.S. is involved.

link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
They did not fire into the sea as the title of the thread suggests. They fired on a South Korean island 100km off the coast of North Korea which has a population of around 1200 people. The Island has been evacuated and things have gone quiet for now.

apparently Rotcshild and Rockfeller call their puppet Kim to calm down for now .
but agree that next 24 hours are crucial

link   
I don't know if this was mentioned. But since South Korea fired back with their jets, wouldn't that be considered a state of war?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I see people saying "North Korea and South Korea do this all the time" "Same thing, different day" YES. It is a different DAY and TIME indeed. Look at the world right now. EVERYBODY is struggling.

Now I don't know why N. Korea hit S. Korea. But as normal as this seems, look at our world right now, and remember what that Baba Vanga said, "...It will start off as a normal war." I never forgot, you guys shouldn't either, she said November 2010, here we are. Everybody is in the right place at the right time. We just need to hold our own. If it's the start of WW3, so be it. Do not fret. Do not run. Stay focused and stand your ground.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaliLove310
I don't know if this was mentioned. But since South Korea fired back with their jets, wouldn't that be considered a state of war?

NK and SK technically are in War from 1953 as peace treaty was never signed

link   

Originally posted by Castaway
reply to post by Komodo3

Ummm NK has claimed they fired on SK,how can the US be involved?

Seriously? Because we are there .... United States Forces Korea (USFK)

link   

Originally posted by Castaway
reply to post by Komodo3

If you read up on the Korean war you can see how this all really began to snowball back in the 50s. Chinese communists back the N Korean communists while the US democracy seekers backed the S Korean democracy seekers in order prevent the beginning of what we called "The Domino Theory." That is, as soon as one nation succumbs to communism, its weaker surrounding countries will consolidate themselves with this government in order to gain strength in the world. So, what do we do? We split the country in half and we pick one half and a communist half picks the other (picking is quite a liberal term here I know). We each send support in the form of military supplies and troops and even intervene ourselves (REF: Vietnam War). What we find out at the end of said conflicts at this wasn't really a good idea to begin with and many lives were lost over a cause we constructed that we felt was imperative to defend when in fact it was not. Vietnam eventually became a unified communist nation while Korea remained divided. It seems we are still interested in combatting communism, even if the evolving global economy dictates that this 'necessity' is in fact pointless. Like I said, hopefully the US and China will both back off, but the odds of this are unlikely as no nation will give power concessions in a conflict region (if someone has evidence otherwise then please share it). I hope things work out in the UN, but this is doubtful as the UN is usually powerless in situations involving conflicts between world powers. It will be up to the US and China to determine how this whole thing plays out. My greatest hope over the next few days is that the two sides remain hostile towards one another without continuing the exchange of fire.

Wow...I feel ignorant for even believing that to be a possibility...this is going to be interesting.

link   
reply to post by Komodo3

...well I know there are 30,000 American troops that would say the U.S. is involved.

((((trying to delete this repeat post...sorry))))
edit on 23-11-2010 by Res Ipsa because: ...cause I tried to get Komodo's quote in

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Their technology and skill is still considered pretty low. The expected practice range went overshot by accident that's all.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
to the folks splitting hairs on rocket verses mortor verses packed firecrackers slingshotted...what does it matter overall? NK is breathlessly taking credit for it, threatening more, etc...its not like they are saying they didn't do it, its a false flag...they are fully accepting blame, and on a bullhorn saying they will do more.

sometimes I simply don't understand some people on ATS...if you walk into a room, see someone with a black eye, and the local bully laughing and saying he punched the kid and will punch him again if he annoys him...are you going to try to disprove the black eye by seeing knuckle patterns that seem off, or are you going to take the bully at his word?

man...its always good to think things through, but don't get frozen in overthinking things...sometimes its best to simply use a bit of logic and accept what the simple picture is. nobody on either side is saying this is any different than what it simply is...and for now, the US is simply sitting back and shrugging

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Boon... You are deffinetly motivated and persistant..

You just compared 2 different explosions on 2 different targets.. YOU CAN NOT USE the visual evidence of the 2, to come to any sort of conclusion... That is a completely misleading attempt.

That is not how research goes boon. Apples to peanuts..

Here you are again... Taking something that isn't and turning it into your attention getting stance on an issue. Can't you ever just follow the story and analyze it based on facts.. not Boons imagination?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CaliLove310

Xavi1000 said it best. No peace treaty was ever signed at the end of the Korean Conflict in the 50s. Technically these two states have been at war but have signed numerous armistices throughout the years to prevent bloodshed. The border between the two countries is actually demilitarized zone and has been since there division back then.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
1am over there now. Be interested to see if anything kicks off in the next few hours or at dawn.

Otherwise I would guess this is finished.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheChemist1
Mr. Boondock you need to be careful when you're playing definition games to criticize the report of reuters.

well yea u do have a point there.
I'm old school like Vietnam era
where artillery was a cannon fired
one at a time with a shell that
ejected after firing. That is what
I call artillery. If Reuters wants to includes
rockets and missiles and anything else
including the kitchen sink, then yea I suppose
you could call rockets artillery too.
But that is NOT my definition
from the old school. Sorry for
the confusion.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaliLove310

Doesn't war require one side at least to formerly declare war...it may lead to war...but all signs show this to be just a limited engagement...a scrap on the border..hopefully it won't esculate into war...however, is this a valid hope...might be easy to just get it over with once and for all. This would need to be a united effort though...with US, UK, and China working -together- to topple NK and integrate it with SK..let them live as their own independent nation once they are done.

but heh..might as well wish for world peace also while I am at it. Neither China nor the US would let Korea become fully free from either side

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by SaturnFX

I think most of us would rather see the depression continue, than profit from war. I would like to see the evidence that proves this theory. If it is true, than why is the US still in big trouble after our war in the Middle East?

edit on 23-11-2010 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

War is a major economy booster,if it is a world war. People seem to have forgotten what the mighty USA did during WW2. Victory gardens, saving copper and other metals for the US military, working for the US Gov making weapons of war. The entire country became one big war machine doing almost nothing but creating bullets,bombs and tanks.

The economy flourished after because Americans were finally able to let thier hair down and breath a sigh of relief. Things became "American Made",and people took pride in the country and the products we were able to create after WW2.

Most people today have NO IDEA what it was like back then because most of the people who survived WW2 are now gone.

I don't like the idea of a world war just for the sake of the economy, but the truth is, it works.

I really hope that this stays just a Korean conflict, I think China is fully aware of the powder keg it has on its border. Perhaps China will step in and pull the reigns back on its monster, but I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Seriously? Because we are there .... United States Forces Korea (USFK)

Hey guys... is there anyone who knows/can confirm if Obama left his huge arseanal of war machines accompanying him to the Asia tour this month in SK after the G20?
Or did they all sail/fly back afterwards?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

As I watched it I was saying ffs hit the deck people, saw 1 go off saw a guy standing up about 40ft away, I waited for the blast wave and shrapnel to shred him, it didn't come.

Could it have been a measured response by NK using training or sub par munitions??

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
reply to post by thecinic

here is th differences in the explosion signatures.
u can tell the difference between the artillery
explosion on the left and the rocket explosion
on the right. totally different

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01b235e450eb.jpg[/atsimg]

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by xavi1000
Artillery fire on Korean border RARE VIDEO

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-11-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

ummmmm
I hate to bring bad tidings here
but that is NOT artillery shelling
in that video. That was an explosive
device going off. I live near Bragg and have
seen artillery and that ain't it.

If they are saying that is NK shelling
the south, then we are looking at
a false flag operation pinning it on
NK. It's US Propaganda.

The US is gonna start this war and blame
it on NK as a patsy.

You are wrong I have taken a screen shot from the clear video and have captured the shell itself,

edit on 23-11-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
lighthead.wordpress.com... Is anyone else worried?

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join