It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

yea the bickering and egotistical drivel is always associated with big threads on ATS. I really miss the ignore button.. ALLOT...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

that was so lame
i post links for a reason
so I don't really waste much time on opinions lacking intellectual content
remember when it was the consensus that the world was flat?
edit on 23-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2010 by Danbones because: clarity civility spelling

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I tuned into one the MSM morning "news" programs on TV earlier this morning to see if they had any coverage of this but instead they were on the plaza stating that this hour they were going to feature: something about the Harry Potter movie coming out, how to wrap presents without injuring yourself and all different ways you can cook pumpkin!

Fortunately one of the public service cable channels has international news station broadcasts (I think this was NHK) that had some good coverage of this story. Among other things they mentioned that this was the first attack on residential areas in Korea since the Korean war.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
FINALLY some real DOOM

It appears that since all the false doom has come and gone, true doom has and will come to pass!

You see, all the false doom predicitions had to be made, therefore putting us into a state of calm, which is when true doom always strikes, when least expected.

(not that I support doom, just trying to look at this from a doomer standpoint)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by QtheQ

only one source?
wow don't forgret to get a consensous for buddy up the page
good thing we have ATS

edit do add
hi signals
boredom is a softkill weapon
edit on 23-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This blogspot article seemed to hit the nail on the head in many ways if you are looking at the worst case scenario in this most probable non event between the main players large and small.

Here are a few excerpts:

Now, what is the worse case scenario?

First, the South procedes with sanctions. The North, knowing their have little to lose and all that military might and energy poised on the border, takes a tougher stand. They resume lobbing a few shells at the South, reopen some tunnels and drop more mines and mini subs in the waters between the two countries.

Eventually, someone else gets hurt. The South goes on wartime footing and masses defense forces on the border. The US president, reluctant to up the ante, advises non-essential Americans to consider leaving the country and orders an aircraft carrier from Japan to the coast of South Korea.

South Korea catches an armed group attempting to enter the country through a series of underground tunnels. At the same time, a number of sabotage attempts, some successful, are made on facilities around the South such as power stations, water treatment plants and fuel storage facilities.

The South, begins agressively patroling its borders and a number of skirmishes are reported. The US, unable to deny that resumption of hostilities are possible, prepares two divisions in the US for deployment to the region as well as three more aircraft carriers. Troops in Iraq begin preparations to quickly move to the front if needed.

China enters the scene and declares that any agression by the US towards North Korea will be met with a "harsh and complete response". China begins to mass troops of its own on the border with the North and moves a number of warships to the area. Russia is planning on "watching the situation closely", but is also mobilizing its military in the east just in case.

The US asks the UN for a resolution and for immediate peace talks, but China vetos the motion and instead demands the the US pull out additional troops and ships from the region.

North Korea, enjoying the attention and lack of decisive action, launches a 24 hour attack on the South and pushes several miles across the border before pulling back. There are US service casualties and the president, facing pressure from both sides of the aislie, sends the US Air Force into action to both bomb North Korean positions and achieve air superiority.

Both North Korean and Chinese aircraft respond and there are losses on both sides. With limited resources available to the US due to additional troops and aircraft not yet arriving from the US and the drain on the US military in the Mideast, the president has no choice but to pull back to a defensive position.

The North Koreans and and increasingly antagonistic Chinese military push back and begin a full scale invasion of the South. US forces retreat to Seoul and then further south. The US begins a massive effort to evacuate the thousands of US citizens in South Korea with civilian airliners. When an American Airlines passenger jet is shot down over the China Sea, the US is forced to go to full retaliation.

Cruise missiles and aircraft from the South, Japan and the US begin bombing the North and along the Chinese-Korean border to stem the flow of troops and supplies. The Chinese retaliate against the US fleet and damage and sink several US ships including one aircraft carrier.

The US president warns China that nuclear weapons will be used unless it pulls back to the North Korean borders and China responds by firing a nuclear weapon off its coast at US forces at sea.

In the US panic erupts as millions of Americans rush to grocery and hardware stores in an attempt to prepare for nuclear war. City residents protest in the streets demanding to know where the "bomb shelters" are in the cities. Millions pack their possessions into cars and head to the country emptying grocery stores and gas stations along the way.

In these critical hours, Russia warns both the US and China that if further nuclear weapons are used, they will be forced to unleash their inventory as well in a pre-emptive move. The US president attempts one more gesture at peace by sending the secretary of state to Bejing in an eleventh hour mission of urgency. When that fails, he addresses the public and urges them to remain calm, assist their neighbors and work with their communities. He also imposes some purchase limits on grocery shoppers and gasoline customers which only results in the complete opposite reaction from the public.

That night, shortly after midnight, China launches several nuclear missiles aimed at Japan and the US West Coast. The US, after a period of delay, fires a like number of land based missiles at China which triggers Russia to launch a greater number at both countries.

Within one hour, the world has changed forever.

survivalism.blogspot.com...

Now mind you this was written after the sinking of the South Korean Ship back in May 2010 but does this blogspot hit at the core of the possibilities in real time? Things do not always happen like a bomb blast and instantly but instead slowly and in increments.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Looks just like the artillery shells fired from north korea to the south koreans islands. See the similarities now?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaliLove310
I don't know if this was mentioned. But since South Korea fired back with their jets, wouldn't that be considered a state of war?

yep .. it would in my book if the Jets actually DID retaliate!

2nd for sure

link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by TheChemist1
Mr. Boondock you need to be careful when you're playing definition games to criticize the report of reuters.

well yea u do have a point there.
I'm old school like Vietnam era
where artillery was a cannon fired
one at a time with a shell that
ejected after firing. That is what
I call artillery. If Reuters wants to includes
rockets and missiles and anything else
including the kitchen sink, then yea I suppose
you could call rockets artillery too.
But that is NOT my definition
from the old school. Sorry for
the confusion.

Boondock, rocket artillery has been in use since the second world war, it isn't a new development.

link   
reply to post by Danbones

When the world was flat we could have traveled just by folding a map,
but instead they learn to assamble boats

I hope this is not the beginning of WWIII www.koreaherald.com...
edit on 23-11-2010 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

looks like heavy artillery actually ..

2nd for sure

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I came on THIS discussion forum to get updates and serious information on this subject, I see the whole Venga thing is riddled throughout destrying my ability to follow the huge thread this has become.

I have a great suggestion...

Create a separate thread for the mama Venga speculation on prophecy and leave this one to real time efforts to keep any new info flowing!!!

I am personally very busy in these days before Thanksgiving and yet want to slide onto the comp chair as I sense the need and this is the main focus for me right now.

Thank you.

(Ps I am so glad to see many of our Military Players here commenting, I took time this morning to read your comments on this situation to either get more scared or to relax and let it flow, I trust you guys in these matters!)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
WHO CARES IF ITS ARTILLARY GUNS OR ROCKETS, they both go bang when they land, gezzzz!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
North Korea would not have attacked South Korea without the approval of China.
Perhaps the unknown "missile launch" off California was a message from China to America to butt out or else.
Regardless, we will soon be at war. When the internet slows way down or stops altogether, that will be a big clue on what is to follow.
This is not good.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
FINALLY some real DOOM

It appears that since all the false doom has come and gone, true doom has and will come to pass!

You see, all the false doom predicitions had to be made, therefore putting us into a state of calm, which is when true doom always strikes, when least expected.

(not that I support doom, just trying to look at this from a doomer standpoint)

HAHA! Now that was funny!

Great way to lighten up a bad situation, always keep your humor in even the worst I say! Star for you!!

link   

Kimmy is going to be out soon...I don't see him leaving without making a bang first off...he has been lusting for conflict for ages now..he may be getting tired of sitting on his hands.

He might be passing on the power... but he's passing it on to his son. I doubt the apple falls far from the tree. We have a great north american example of like father like son... The Bush administration. He finished Daddies work for him and continued the legacy. Hope the pattern doesn't continue.

link   

Originally posted by 1947flxible
WHO CARES IF ITS ARTILLARY GUNS OR ROCKETS, they both go bang when they land, gezzzz!

Because it is obviously NOT ROCKETS that hit...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees
reply to post by Danbones

When the world was flat we could have traveled just by folding a map,
but instead they learn to assamble boats

newsMLId=20101123001275
edit on 23-11-2010 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

Sorry, but that made no sense to me what so ever.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
[[BBC]]

1538: US defence department spokesman Col David Lapan says no additional US military assets would be moved into the region following Tuesday's incident in South Korea. It is also "too soon" to discuss ways the US might deter North Korea from another attacks, he adds.

well.. i claim BS, either they already have what they need to show of force OR they start moving it in to Show we have force !! but .. we do have nukes and rockets off the coast so .. yea.. either way ..

it's mil strategy

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Guys I can’t go into details but,

China is not going to side with North Korea, the Chinese will give north Korea no support and based on what I have heard even have plans of attacking north Korea them self’s.

There are allot of smoke screens on the international stage right now

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join