It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
1342: South Korean President Lee Myung-bak has ordered the military to retaliate against North Korea if there are "additional provocations", the Yonhap news agency reports. A presidential spokeswoman says Mr Lee has ordered strikes on a North Korean missile base near Yeonpyeong if further attacks take place on South Korean territory.

Seems were just one more strike away from a serious battle

WELL that quote just explains to me how stupid S. Korea is. WTF would you tell your enemy where you are going to strike. Either this is a stunt, or s. Korean leaders are a lil dull when it comes to tact.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Oozy.. Pick an appropriate thread... You do this to every thread you enter. You derail the topic with your garbage. You may have valid points on some issues... But they DO NOT corrolate with this topic. I am glad that everyone is seeing you for what you are.

Stay on topic for ONCE!!! this is about NK & SK shelling each other.. Just because you throw in the word "proxy" then switch to China/ US relations, does not mean you are on topic..

You are on Oozy topic.. Every one of your posts revert back to US and what you think... Haven't you figured it out.. Nobody cares what you think.

The previous poster is spot on.. You deffinetly ressemble a troll, more so than a contributing member. Just Sayin!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by digit78
Last tweets from LiveNewsWire :

2 mn ago - Hearing reports North Korea is preparing additional artillery capable of firing at range of 30km.
7 mn ago - ALERT: A North Korean naval fleet is moving toward South Korea, according to news agency MBC.

Any confirmation ?
It looks more to me, as provocation than anything else, but who knows ...

Its now 22:48 in seoul, someone mentioned earlier that it could kick off in the dead of night, i guess the next 12 hours leading into the morning is going to tell a lot of whats going to happen, watch this space is all we can do

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthPhobos

The DPRK has the ball, what they do next really decides what happens.

This is a power play by Kim's son and I don't know exactly what he is trying to accomplish. I think from his point of view, he will look strong if the ROK and the US do nothing, which is most likely what we will do unless he does something else.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Well, I really hope we respond with military force this time. After the sinking of a south Korean warship, and now shelling of a SK island, this is like a slow motion war. I hope we speed this up and act like the super power we are. NK needs to be taken out. China won't do it, but I suspect they won't defend NK either. Not unless SK sends troops into NK and they get to close to China.

If we do nothing AGAIN, then this will happen AGAIN, and again....

It is time to act.

Am I for a war with NK? yep, I certainly am. We technically have been at war with them since the korean war, time to win the battle, and wipe them off the map.

Just my thoughts, but this is way worse than Iraq (Meaning here is a VERY REAL and DANGEROUS threat), and in the end, if the world doesn't blow up, the north korean people will be much MUCH better off.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by woogleuk
New Update:

0955: India deploys 36,000 extra troops along its border with China.

It's all coming true, bit by bit:

Asia getting ready for US collapse

Well, it seems everyone is getting ready for a US collapse, Arabs buying more weapons, so the puppets can stay in power after US troops are gone and no one is there to defend them, the Iranians are making territorial claims over UAE Islands, and China/Russia making claims over Japanese Islands.

US wants to make India the Israel of South East Asia, but everyone is going against that move. Pakistan/Iran/China are fighting hard against that move, Chinese troops in Kashmir, Pakistan stirring up trouble in Indian Kashmir, and someone is morally and materialistically supporting the Maoist rebels in India. These actions are putting huge pressure on India to change sides.

While I see US trying to make a deal, to pass authority over Japan to India, how that plays out in the future will depend on China, because China is not making so much fuss over these Islands for no reason, its eye is on Japan, when the US collapses.

While Pakistan is trying to get Afghanistan, fighting a proxy war against the US (but US wants India to take over Afghanistan). Iran wants Iraq and has already created strong underground forces (hence Mehdi Army) and politically involved in every stage, but I suspect US wants Saudi Arabia to take over Iraq (pure speculation, but I don't think US will leave Iraq to Iran, not a chance).

Russia is aiming big I suspect, all these social issues raised in Europe, millions are protesting and clashing with riot police, the reason behind that, I suspect, has much to do with Russia, aiming big and wanting Europe.

Syria wants Lebanon I suspect, they are already trying to get involved politically by issuing warrants for arrest in regards to Harir's murder.

The US collapse is imminent, and the plans of the opposition are clear. Once the US leave there will be a vacuum of power, and in the midst of chaos, everyone will go for their pick, there might be backstabbing, there might be full on wars, in the case of South Korea, the north might go straight and try to get it, or try getting South through political means, how ever, the interesting times are ahead of us which all are leading to the greater WWIII.

What Americans should think about:

- Will the enemy try to stir trouble within the American borders? Cause they can in the midst of chaos.

- Will their be a civil war in the US? Divide and Conquer?

- What will Americans do to avoid such conflict within their own borders?

- What do you think the faith of America is, and whose hands do you want the faith of America do be on. Obama? Democrats and Republicans? What if you choose non of the two? What would happen?

Very interesting times/

Off topic and highly bad taste!

link   
I remember reading a thread here on ATS can't remember the name but it was about little conflicts and not to focuse too much on them but to keep an eye on China.

Wish i could remember the name of the thread.

From this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks

link   
Early update 13:53 GMT, because I nearly we'ed myself laughing:

1347: Yonhap reports that hours after the incident, North Korea's leader, Kim Jong-il, and his youngest son, Kim Jong-un, toured a soy sauce factory and a medical school in Pyongyang.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
AP says 16 injured and atleast 2 Marines dead in the bombing, with NK threatening to shell more.....

To quote a fav movie of mine , Tropic Thunder "I got a baaaaaaaaaad feelin about this one"
edit on 23-11-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Why, without knowing the details, is everyone blaming the North??
I just don't get it from ATS members that usually seek the answers first..
Answers we may take a while to find..
Things are not always as they seem..

N Korea says S Korea fired first:
"North Korea accused South Korea of firing first. ''The South Korean enemy, despite our repeated warnings, committed reckless military provocations of firing artillery shells into our maritime territory near Yeonpyeong island,'' the military supreme command said."

www.smh.com.au...

I can EASILY see blackwater / CIA dumping a few rounds at the North.. this story reminds me of the Russia / Georgia spat where the MSM all but ignored Georgia started it and spun the story with a US taint.

Gulf of Tonkin anyone?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Early update 13:53 GMT, because I nearly we'ed myself laughing:

1347: Yonhap reports that hours after the incident, North Korea's leader, Kim Jong-il, and his youngest son, Kim Jong-un, toured a soy sauce factory and a medical school in Pyongyang.

I wonder if the soy sauce factory is at the medical school.

Soylent Green hmmm.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I think it will take conventional war for the USA, to get involved. Its bad and nasty when North Korea pulls these stunts shelling sinking ships killing people etc. etc. Now I am not saying S. Korea, is a saint either, its just we do not hear story's about S. Korea doing this to N. Korea. Lets face it this cease fire is in tatters. North Korea has atomic weapon capability and you can bet your hat they will use them. I think North Korea is sabre rattling for political reasons, a shift of power is happening in their politics at the moment and the people want to know that their new leader is just as ahem (crazy) strong as the last when it comes to the worldly pressures this lil country faces. With that being said I do not think North Korea is looking for war,
instead they are trying to play the political system once again to excite its people.

so if I had to guess the only way this will get crazy will be due to S. Korea, from what I can tell N. Korea already achieved their goal.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The stock markets of the world

Found this

U.S. Stock-Index Futures Fall After North Korea Fires on South

www.businessweek.com...

A bubbling over of tensions in Korea is another layer of uncertainty for markets that they don’t need to contend with,” said Tim Schroeders, who helps manage about $1 billion at Pengana Capital Ltd. in Melbourne."

the stock market is not liking this AT ALL.

Found this
INDIA SENSEX FALLS
ibnlive.in.com...
Mumbai: Indian stock markets tanked on Tuesday due to mounting tension in Korean peninsula. The Sensex fell by almost 600 points, and the Nifty was down 121.25 points at 1.10 PM. About 778 shares advanced, 2285 shares declined, and 389 shares remain unchanged.

South Korea Government has called an emergency Security Ministry meeting, reports CNBC-TV18 quoting Agencies. South Korea Military says the country is on highest non-war time alert after at least 200 artillery shells fired by North Korean military hit South Korean islands on Tuesday.

South Korea Government has called an emergency Security Ministry meeting, reports CNBC-TV18 quoting Agencies. South Korea Military says the country is on highest non-war time alert after at least 200 artillery shells fired by North Korean military hit South Korean islands on Tuesday.

South Korea President Office says that North Korea artillery fire is in response to South drills.

UP DATE
Asian Shares Dragged Down By North-South Korea Shelling‎

online.wsj.com...
Asian stock market FALLING

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

N Korea says S Korea fired first:

"North Korea accused South Korea of firing first. ''The South Korean enemy, despite our repeated warnings, committed reckless military provocations of firing artillery shells into our maritime territory near Yeonpyeong island,'' the military supreme command said."

www.smh.com.au...

I can EASILY see blackwater / CIA dumping a few rounds at the North.. this story reminds me of the Russia / Georgia spat where the MSM all but ignored Georgia started it and spun the story with a US taint.

Gulf of Tonkin anyone?

NK also says that they're not a dictatorship and that their citizens are free to travel internationally. I take anything NK says with a heaping bowl of salt.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
South Korea President Office says that North Korea artillery fire is in response to South drills.

So basically the south are admitting their drills are what provoked there enemy
edit on 23-11-2010 by DarthPhobos because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Ya I saw that also.

It seems this act has cost asia, and perhaps even the World allot of Money..

This is what is concerning..

this might make it real. I would bet a wooden nickel diplomats, all over the globe are awake and sulking.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If I go to my maniac neighbour's front gate and start firing blanks I'd suspect he'd get pretty p****d off, so much so that I wouldn't be surprised if he retaliated. Very careless of the South Koreans, either that or they were purposely being provocative.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Oh Oh

1358: Yueliu in Beijing, China, says: "This situation is caused by the policies of the United States. The United States and South Korea should come back to the six party-talks instead of holding military exercises targeting North Korea or even China. The US should be responsible for the situation today, though we do not agree to North Korea's Kim's succession plan. Paper tigers are paper tigers."

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
reply to post by thecinic

Ya I saw that also.

It seems this act has cost asia, and perhaps even the World allot of Money..

This is what is concerning..

this might make it real. I would bet a wooden nickel diplomats, all over the globe are awake and sulking.

Yah that was posted WAAAAY early in the thread page 5,6,8,9 when it was hitting the wire, thought a refresher would help... I'll keep checking the market wires and let you know how this horrific north korea shelling on innocent south korea is effecting us and our money....
edit on 23-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
reply to post by Darkblade71

from what I can tell N. Korea already achieved their goal.

I agree, it is a hook in mouth scenerio. The world is hooked, and black mailed into giving into NK demands. I guess my real problem with this is that it happens OVER and OVER again. If the current trend holds we will do almost nothing AGAIN. It is frustrating.

This is why I say, bite through that line and do the unthinkable. They expect us to tuck our tail between our legs and roll over...again.

I hope we don't.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join