It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

NKorea is a Chinese puppet. Now it has to do with Chinese leadership whether or not China will just take over North Korea and annex it or go all in and take over the whole of Korea.

But for now, they want the status quo because of the refugees and the trouble it would cause. No war. No reunification. No nothing.

I think it will blow over like it always does, I think this whole thing was just a provocation gone wrong.

Now China joined the Korean war on November 25 1950... so I would watch out for the next 2 days.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by oozyism

You're a troll shut up I'm sick of your crap.

I'll take the consequences, since none of the moderators are taking a stand.

Your points are oblivious to the story at hand, yes N-Korea is a proxy for China and S-Korea is a proxy for the USA, it's been like that since the cold war, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the military capabilities of the United States of America.

America would more than likely demolish the entire planet before being taken over.

I'm a troll because America can demolish the whole planet

Why are you angry.

Can you send me a U2U so we can discuss why you are so angry? I'm sure we can sort it out.

Anyways, on topic:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

there are humans on both sides. 'they need to be nuked' - because of people like you, the wars are fought and people are dying. if usa will nuke north korea, china and russia won't stand still. result will be much worse than you can possibly imagine - that is, if you would try for just a second to imagine the consequences of your proposal.

don't try to see it in terms of good guys/bad guys, world isn't black and white. there are people on both sides of this conflict, and even more people around the world, that may get all hurt because of it. make no mistake, if this conflict will escalate, nuking one city will look like a picnic compared to it.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I posted most of this many pages back, but since so many new people have joined I'll re-cap.

SK had been holding military exercises which NK had demanded a cease to. SK ignored the warnings and deny that they were conducting the 'Hoguk' exercise, which the North see as a precursor to invasion. The NK response was the shelling and the rest is history.

Seems the simplest explanation to me and as the saying goes, the simplest explanation is often the right one.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This is hard to follow and I'm not well versed about the two Koreas...

If the island is disputed territory because of some border line not having been recognized, (if I understand correctly)

if the North claims this island is her territory, what does the North stand to gain in shelling it?

I only got up to page five before I decided to post.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty

i don't want to keep this up.

if the US wanted to start a war, it would have. you cannot distract China with the Koreas because the US is equally involved on the opposite end, it would be launching two wars simultaneously and the US would have to be involved in both. 4 wars is truly too much.

It would equal to more than four wars. US army is too too stretched out, that is a huge disadvantage.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and N-Korea.

Don't forget, Iran is a Chinese ally, Iran can easily give a thumbs up to its underground Mehdi Army.

link   
Just got home from work and I don't feel like reading all twenty one pages. That being said; has anyone considered that the missle firing off of California from the Chinese sub, yes thats what I believe, could have been a precurser to this as a warning from the Chinese for the US to stay out of this conflict? In other words, this was planned even then. Just a thought.
Seeashrink

link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

You don't nuke it, you MOAB the capital. MOAB is a big air burst bomb.

Of course what I would like is to take out just Kim Jong Il, his whole family and his generals... but this is impossible to do.

So the only way to do that is to do a surprise first strike against the capital...

Or let North Koreans civilians be in slavery and hunger forever while their crazy leadership develop more and more nukes.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
There he goes again linking it all to his holy war...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I cannot find any evidence for them being anywhere near NK, but i guess it is still worth noting, the US will be relatively quick to arrive at NK if the situation escalates.
I think it has calmed down though.
For now at least.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
Sounds pretty mad. I just seen this story on the BBC news site.

It says their still under-fire and that the South have deployed Jet fighters..

Also it states that theres regular confrontation over these islands... But it must be serious if its made it to MSM,
Or their just using it to fuel the fire to burn the Northern regime (civilian casualtys).

What makes me wonder is, what provoked the attack? Anything other than the two despising each other? And will this esculate further..?

eee.

Good question friend . Try South Korea's provacation with Naval exercises in their desputed zones .Sick of hearing every mind numbing braindead zombie jumping on NK's back always blaming them for everything .Your all supposed to be awake yet you swallow every media story ever written about North Korea .Wake up .

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
this is probably a provocative "muscle flex" on NK's part, as they have always claimed that they can turn seoul into a "sea of flames" within a matter of hours, and now they're finally delivering on that threat.

Also it could be the newly anointed kim jr. telling the world to pay attention to him.

very likely nothing will come of it, just like the cheonam thing

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by asperetty

Or maybe it was the US using S-Korea to start a war against the North, for distraction purposes, to take down Pakistan. To keep China busy, while US takes down Pakistan.

Any relationship with tanks weighing 64 tons each, being sent to Afghanistan recently?
edit on 23-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

I can see where you are coming from and understand the big picture you are talking about .... All the scenarios you are talking about are very much possible but if you try looking at bigger picture yet there is still some time before we get to that .... Look at the map ... Kandahar and Yemen are very important and as far as my knowledge none of them are under USA or Nato control ... Quickly arriving on conclusions will only hurt your credibility ....

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I'm angry because you are on a high horse about America's collapse, with completely unsubstantiated evidence. The economy is down, but that has nothing to do with the sheer military force we have, and I stand by my fellow American.

Do I bad mouth other cultures, or wish death and destruction upon them? No, I think war is disgusting, yet you seem to be frothing at the mouth at the mere idea of a World War and the fall of a country, with 300+ million INNOCENT people like myself, whom which a good percentage WISH FOR PEACE around the world.

Your points are flawed, your attitude is dull, you hope bad things will happen, not just to ONE country, to MANY countries.

The only thing you really have going for you right now, is your ambition to troll, and let me state, you're doing a damn fine job at it.

I have nothing further to say to you.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by asperetty

Or maybe it was the US using S-Korea to start a war against the North, for distraction purposes, to take down Pakistan. To keep China busy, while US takes down Pakistan.

Any relationship with tanks weighing 64 tons each, being sent to Afghanistan recently?
edit on 23-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

Seriously, your habit of derailing threads to suit your own delusions is becoming a nuisance, no one here values any of the information you spew forth.

This thread is about S/Korea and the North, not a platform for you to get off on your thoughts about the "evil" USA.

You really should get a warning. This is not the first time you have annoyed your fellow ATS members.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Crutchley29 because: (no reason given)

link   
Here's a response to the "experts" who say that North Korea is a Chinese puppet.

China and North Korea are certainly not enemies, but North Korea has pissed China off massively in recent times. China most assuredly did NOT want the north to obtain nuclear weapons. North Korea, of course, now has some nukes, perhaps just a small handful, but this is enough to destabilize the region and invite uses of nukes by the US against N. Korea, if N. Korea uses them on S. Korea.

Also, to the cheerleaders, again, read this: www.fas.org...

That is the area report on North Korea, by the US Marine Corps. It is the most recent one which has been made available to the public, but it does not paint a pretty picture.

A few thousand years ago, Sun Tzu warned that underestimating your enemy's capabilities is a grave error. He also told us that one should appear strong where they are weak, and appear weak where they are strong. The Art of War is on the required reading list at West Point. Clearly some of you are a bit behind in your studies.

Read up a bit and change your tune. It is not useful or honest to so criminally underestimate the most enigmatic and strange adversary the the USA has.

link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Your all supposed to be awake yet you swallow every media story ever written about North Korea .Wake up

Wake up?. This is North korea's fault. Just because SK is in with US why do they continue to provoke? sinking SK ships and all!. Little Kim is a disgrace. He is terrorist intent on hurting SK. he will get his good one day! They will be beaten. China will only support them for so long!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

They are aligned to china HEAVILY ... do you believe the oh lets show the americans the new nuke efforts a few days ago was what is norm for " secrfet nuke plants".

Push push pushing for war - have been for some time but dont want to be the one to be the so called beginner - they have tried everything to get war , no one has fallen for it but the world trips to alis on both sides in the last few weeks has not been coincidental.

Only question is is this the start - or a false flag then silence for a while.

Not good not good at all and I hope we all come through It

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Look what happened over the sinking of the SK ship, and there were more casualties in that incident for the South Koreans. We are through the danger zone and out of the worst on this incident and it will be business as usual except that now SK have indefinately suspended Red Cross aid talks with NK and some fluctuations in the markets. There will be a tomorrow!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
More on the clashes between the two Koreas.

LIVE: Korean crisis

Factbox: Military forces on the Korean Peninsula

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join