It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by asperetty
in case everyone forgot, this is between North and South Korea, not the US and China. Yes the ramifications could potentially involve China and the US because China will have to choose its side.
edit on 23-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

South Korea is a US proxy states, N-Korea is a Chinese proxy state.

Sometimes you have to follow the strings

i understand completely the geopolitical crisis this entire incident can escalate towards. tbh, im pretty on the same boat as you when we look at the bigger picture, but this is not a bigger picture thread. make a new thread and talk about the global implications on that. this is about the NK/SK incident today, not past or future.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
ALERT: South Korea - Military drill, including test-fires, took place near island before North Korean attack

sounds like someone had an itchy trigger finger

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1FutureMarine1
reply to post by oozyism

So what? There are american citizens in china. Doesn't mean a thing. Now just stop posting off topic rants, nobody wants to hear it.

South Korea is a US proxy state, US has military bases in South Korea + Japan.

Do you even understand world politics?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

1111: South Korea says it was conducting a military drill in the area before North Korea fired, Reuters reports.

1119: South Korea says it conducted test firing before the exchange at the island - but says it fired west not north, Reuters reports.

link   
reply to post by asperetty

OK let's talk about the smaller picture then.

Why did North Korea attack the South? and why now?

link   
If everyone stops responding to oozyism, he'll eventually run out of fuel for the fire he's burning. Sooner or latera moderator will be along and clean things up.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

reply to post by oozyism

So what? There are american citizens in china. Doesn't mean a thing. Now just stop posting off topic rants, nobody wants to hear it.

South Korea is a US proxy state, US has military bases in South Korea + Japan.

Do you even understand world politics?

Yada, yada, yada, say what you want, doesn't make it true simply because you believe it.
Ohh noes we have bases in south korea. Man we have bases everywhere, so are you saying we control most of the world? /fail

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Update 11:25am GMT:

1119: South Korea says it conducted test firing before the exchange at the island - but says it fired west not north, Reuters reports.

1115: EU top diplomat Baroness Catherine Ashton says in a statement: "I strongly condemn this attack by the DPRK (North Korea). I call on the North Korean authorities to refrain from any action that risks further escalation and to fully respect the Korean Armistice Agreement."

1111: South Korea says it was conducting a military drill in the area before North Korea fired, Reuters reports.

1107: Jung Hoon-lee, professor of international relations at Yonsei University in Seoul, tells BBC World Service: "If this is not an act of war, I don't know what is... We fired back in accordance with the rules of engagement. This is the bare minimum, one has to wonder are we really doing enough?"

1104: Dong Wook-kim in Seoul says: "I'm a soldier in the South Korean Army. I live in Seoul, but my military camp is located on the frontline with North Korea. I have to go back to my camp tomorrow so I am quite worried and anxious about this crisis. South Korean people are very angry. South Korea and the world have been giving a lot of chances to North Korea but they are always arrogant and attack South Korea. We must punish them. They are threatening world peace."
Send us your comments

1058: Editor of Jane's Land-Based Air Defence magazine, Jim O'Halloran, tells BBC World Service that both sides are well-equipped militarily. Although the North has a lot of former Soviet equipment, much of this has been modernised and is in pretty good shape.

1048: Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says: "It is necessary to immediately end all strikes. There is a colossal danger which must be avoided".

1045: Kim, a Yeonpyeong resident, tells Yonhap news agency: "I was at home when I was surprised by the sounds of bomb explosions. As I stepped out of my home, I saw the entire village had already turned into a sea of fire. I'm now staying in a shelter along with other villagers, but I'm still shaking with fear."

Oozyism please stop throwing people off topic with your radical views, thanking you kindly. Oh and you can't be racist towards religeon.
edit on 23/11/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Proclaimer

A military exercise gone wrong>?

second line.

link   
I'm happy for the debate to continue on topic, just not with oozyism. Nothing to do with me not being able to keep up in the debate, everything to do with wanting to avoid getting into a derailing argument with someone who invades most threads in the same way with the same result.

Yes, you can link most nations with another nation one way or another but right now this is between NK and SK to sort out and is nothing to do with your fantasy war between the muslim world and the west. To the guy calling me out on a personal attack, please read posts made by oozyism on other threads before picking your sides. I didn't start this, in fact I chose to end and avoid it before it started until someone decided to back up the troll, and I will not stand by and be made out to be stupid by someone willing to follow a guy(oozyism) with radical extremist ideas so quickly without knowing how often they pull the same trick on threads.

link   

Originally posted by dethduck
If everyone stops responding to oozyism, he'll eventually run out of fuel for the fire he's burning. Sooner or latera moderator will be along and clean things up.

Okie mick dokie skiddle doo.
Translation: Ok

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Prepare the nukes!

And they are away! Yay!

Kidding.

What I really want to know right now.... WHAT ARE CHINESE TROOPS DOING?

No movements? Amassing near North Korea's border... or more troops there than usual?

More troops near Taiwan than usual?

What's up?

Battle is apparently still going on... anyone from SKorea can confirm?
edit on 23-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Secretly China believes it should own all of East Asia...They did thousands of years ago. I'm sure they want all of their land back...Including Japan.

link   
reply to post by oozyism

hm yes let us get arrogant.

NK attack SK because SK fired at NK, and it happened today- according to NK.

link   

Yada, yada, yada, say what you want, doesn't make it true simply because you believe it.
Ohh noes we have bases in south korea. Man we have bases everywhere, so are you saying we control most of the world? /fail

DuuuHH, why do you think those terrorists attacked you ??

Did you actually think it was because of your freedom??

Do you have bases in China? or N-Korea??

link   
South Korea says it was conducting a military drill in the area before North Korea fired, Reuters reports.

BBC Live

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Hey, Here's a thought, Do you guys remember the so called 34 strong fleet of navy ships sent to india whilst obama was there?
Coincidence?
Just something that Dawned on me, There is a US Military presence in the area.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps something is going to kick off? I will be watching this topic.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck

No doubt in Oozyisms favour, the lack of understanding in the latter part of this thread is ridiculous, there is no smaller picture when Russia, China and the USA are in such close proximity surrounding a belligerent nuclear armed state with about 4 million troops and their super tech southern brothers about to go to war, apparently.

link   
what sounds like is going on North Korea found a reason to attack the South with the souths military exercises this also looked like a plan attack because North Korea plans all the time just like any other government this was an early first stage attack scenario just off the mainland into an island this is very early just wait and see type stuff going on here

link   

Originally posted by asperetty
reply to post by oozyism

hm yes let us get arrogant.

NK attack SK because SK fired at NK, and it happened today- according to NK.

Or N-Korea fired at S-Korea.

But

S-Korea was having a military exercise just before the attacks>

An exercise gone wrong?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The fleet movement is not necessarily a sign of conspiracy but if it came close to NK waters would certainly be seen by them as intimidation or a threat. Is there any evidence it went close enough to NK waters?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join