It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's I filmed in Infrared just 45 minutes ago...

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
[Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]

My thoughts exactly. The continuous flapping of the wings. The change in direction. Every summer we get hundreds of bats here at my house and this is exactly what they look like. I didnt read through all 18 pages of posts, and I'm sure its already been said, but just backing up the fact.
I hate being a debunker, but when it looks exactly like a bat, I must say it.

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2010/11/9 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I appreciate your moxie and I have no doubt that you believe it to be a bat, and that is fantastic. You did a nice job of showing supporting evidence for your argument, well played. But from the image that you posted it is still just speculation. Unless you have the capability to zoom in close enough to prove your case that it is a bat, by showing the exact, anatomical features of, said bat, by comparison, beyond the shadow of a doubt, this proves nothing but speculation. I can put my hand up in front of a light to make the shape of a turkey on a wall or screen, and though it looks like a turkey, that does not, in fact, make it a living, breathing turkey.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Since there is no way of identifying how far away the objects are NOBODY can say what they are. However, if they are close they are quite obviously birds given how they move. You will not see wings because you have an IR filter and are looking at heat. The main body of the bird has lots of heat compared to the wings, hence round blob.

We now have to assess "denying ignorance" (it could be ufo's), versus what we know flies in the sky versus some peoples desperation in wanting UFO's. I want to see UFO evidence but this is most certainly not it. This kind of unknown blobs evidence simply provides the UFO skeptics with ammunition to shoot down ALL evidence. Which is why I object to such "non" evidence.

Can we have video evidence where the "object" is not blurred and spans a hundred or more pixels!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by subby

If you can look out your window and see birds flying supersonic, then my friend, you have just discovered a brand new species unknown to science.

I'm of the opinion that it is in no way a bird. for a bird to appear to be travelling that fast it would have to be very close to the camera. if it's close to the camera then you would see the wings flapping and the shape would be much larger.

It could very well be some kind of bugs. But if you watch closely you can see it disappear behind the tree (apparently). With that in mind, imagine how big the bugs would have to be to be able to be picked up on by a camera. With the distance of the tree from the camera being somewhat known, one can conclude that the bug/object itself would have to be pretty large to be caught on a camera. Now how many BIG bugs can move that fast? If it is big bugs, then one can narrow down to a list, large species of flying insect found in the area of Tenn. the OP lives in.

When I watched the vid, birds were the LAST thing to pop into my mind. Bugs? Maybe. I really can't say because the video just does not have enough evidence to make me change my mind either way. All in all, this truly is a vid of UFO's. They are Unidentified, they are Flying, and they are definitley Objects. But Great vid. none the less OP! It's always cool to accidentally catch something like this. It's what makes ATS what it is.

.....and to the people bashing him............I'm sure Springer would have some choice words for you.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm going to have to guess birds here. Seems like they would show up on IR like that due to their body heat. Birds can actually move through the air pretty quickly, and the closer they are to the camera the faster they would appear to move. I didn't really see anything in this video that smacks of anomaly.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
We now have to assess "denying ignorance" (it could be ufo's), versus what we know flies in the sky versus some peoples desperation in wanting UFO's. I want to see UFO evidence but this is most certainly not it. This kind of unknown blobs evidence simply provides the UFO skeptics with ammunition to shoot down ALL evidence. Which is why I object to such "non" evidence.

Can we have video evidence where the "object" is not blurred and spans a hundred or more pixels!

The kind of IR the OP used is not designed to pick up heat. It is picking up on Infrared Light.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The kind of IR the OP used is not designed to pick up heat. It is picking up on Infrared Light.

Correct !!! Light in the 950nm range,,

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hi,

I didn't read the entire thread. But I noticed something strange within the movie.

On 2:39, just before he says 'ah.. crap', the camera moves a lot, but the dot doesn't. It stays right on the same spot on the screen. That makes me think it is some sort of a reflection.

But the motions looked to me like the motion of bats, like someone else said.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Alex505 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Interesting, however that is a very small portion of a very large picture...can you highlight within the full picture what you have cropped here so we all know exactly what part of the video/image that is? For all I know you could have cropped a small part of a cloud that looked like a bat and said, here it is.

Not trying to be difficult just trying to see where you are coming from.

Not a problem. In this section of the video, there are a couple of these flying around. If you click-stop through it at full resolution, full screen on YouTube, you'll see several frames where the bats have their wings open or closed. This is the most obvious of them. You can see the thing just to the lower left of center. Again, no enhancement.

edit on 9-11-2010 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
[Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]

LOL...you picked a image of camera shake, where the object looks like a line..Nice try>

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GammaRayBurst

those are birds or at the most flying rods

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by openmind444
Unless you have the capability to zoom in close enough to prove your case that it is a bat, by showing the exact, anatomical features of, said bat, by comparison, beyond the shadow of a doubt, this proves nothing but speculation. I can put my hand up in front of a light to make the shape of a turkey on a wall or screen, and though it looks like a turkey, that does not, in fact, make it a living, breathing turkey.

You know, you just go ahead and believe whatever you want. That's what makes horse races.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
A fast moving dot here and there. I see no evidence of UFOs yet a bunch of people applauding this video. Stuff like this makes me want to refrain from using ATS frankly. My apologies if this sounds rude but this is truly a waste of time.

Upload something when you can actually get a visual confirmation. Videos like this are not dissimilar from the whole sheilaaliens craze on Youtube. For the record, I am an ardent believer in UFOs and ET visitation here on earth; however I feel videos with a clear lack of evidence such as this are taking two steps backwards and making us all look like fools.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GammaRayBurst
LOL...you picked a image of camera shake, where the object looks like a line..Nice try>

You could be right.

But you're not. Thanks for the higher-resolution copy.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Blue Shift because: Just to clarify.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Page 19 and this thread does not appear to be any further along. I think there comes a point where common sense prevails and you go with the most plausible explanation since there is no evidence otherwise. What is most likely to be flying around like that? Birds, Bat's or UFO's? The first two clearly are so much more likely than the later it's almost beyond reason to assume the third. Simply wishing something that is likely mundane and boring to be something remarkable and unlikely just won't make it true. You could spend the next few years on this and another thousand pages and I'm betting you still would not be any further along.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Whenever you see "lights" playing around in the sky, they are most likely the spiritual beings who are behind the push for a New World Order, NOT some sort of physical metal alien spaceships.

Chuck Missler has a 12 part youtube video concerning this exact theory, in which he quite clearly fortifies this 'theory' with scripture, as well a scientific fact (to date).

After watching this video it occurred to me that Hitler was under demonic influence. There are three classifications of "aliens": Grays, Nordics (tall/blond/blue eye), Reptilian. Hitler believed the superior race to be tall, blond, blue eyed people. It is also documented (google it) that Hitler was obsessed with the idea of a Reptilian underworld beneath our crust, the entrance to which he believed to be located in the Antarctic somewhere, apparently there is documentation of US involvement as well. I suppose they became curious as to what the hell he was doing down there. I believe that there were SOME angels (fallen now) capable of the manifestations that we consider UFO's. Perhaps we are not seeing them as they are, but only what is able to appear in our dimension.

If I put my 3D finger through a 2D plane where 2D people lived... my 3D finger would appear only as a circle. Perhaps, whatever we see is from the 4D, or further on. Science has proven 10 dimensions so far.

Think about it. That's what this site is all about.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GammaRayBurst

I could not have put it better. It just shows how people are confusing infrared (based on heat) with near infrared (just around 1000nm which a CCD picks up )
edit on 9-11-2010 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2010 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto

I was thinking the same thing myself. My camera catches things in the sky that I can't see with my own eyes.
I slowed down the speed of the video and to my surprise I found several other things zipping around in the sky even before the night vision was turned on (and after). They were flying at such an incredible rate of speed that even in
slow motion, you have to watch carefully or you will miss them. Can a bug or a bat or a bird fly that fast?

Pls. someone else view this video in slow motion.
I wish I could find a program so this video can be viewed frame by frame.

OP, I sent you a pm, but not sure if you got it.
edit on 9-11-2010 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

Agreed. We tend to forget, those of us that believe in life 'beyond', how fast they would HAVE to travel. We are under the presumption that what we know to be true about speed of travel possabilities, to be the ONLY truth. We now nothing of technology beyond our own minds.

[Mod Note: Edited nested quote]

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
That is amazing. I'm stumped. It seems like more and more people are finding strange objects in the sky with infra red cameras. Is this the discovery of a new phenomena? It looks like they are reacting to the chemtrails and dropping out of the sky. How can you explain this? Thanks for posting this vid.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5kinAndBone5
A fast moving dot here and there. I see no evidence of UFOs yet a bunch of people applauding this video. Stuff like this makes me want to refrain from using ATS frankly. My apologies if this sounds rude but this is truly a waste of time.

Upload something when you can actually get a visual confirmation. Videos like this are not dissimilar from the whole sheilaaliens craze on Youtube. For the record, I am an ardent believer in UFOs and ET visitation here on earth; however I feel videos with a clear lack of evidence such as this are taking two steps backwards and making us all look like fools.

Honestly this high and mighty approach is not going to get a good response, so why do people insist on addressing UFO videos like this?

Obviously the guy who did the video doesn't KNOW WHAT THEY ARE! sooo to him it is in fact and by definition an Unidentified Flying Object, I saw no mention of aliens or whatever. He seemed surprised and not entirely sure of what he was watching and made no claims. He posted here for discussion why the hatred for discussion on things of this nature? Not everyone is astute at legitimate UFO's as you think you are so how on earth do you expect to completely avoid threads and discussions like these? You, can't...So instead of popping in here on a crusade to belittle and destroy a thread that someone may of thought could be significant, why don't you instead educate in a civil non-condescending belittling manner the people here who aren't exactly bat identification experts....

edit on 9-11-2010 by Sly1one because: spellling lol

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join