It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to split into 6 pieces in 2010

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by CharlesBronson74

Then you're a Fascist. Simple as that. No if, ands or buts.

I believe in the United States Constitution.

Just like the Joy Behar's of America. Run your mouth about our great country...someone calls you out and the only thing you can come up with is "your a fascist" or "your a racist" No pale your wrong again, not going to stand by and listen to someone campain aginst America, and the only thing keeping you safe is the constition that resides in a country you cant stand. Talk about an OXI MORON.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Really now? I doubt they make the same amount as someone picking up cans. You should get your facts straight.

Wrong again...they make less.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Dear God! Did you even watch the video? The video explains the same characteristics as you're implying in our chat. I'm reminded of a quote from Mark Twain. How did it go?

Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he is hollering about.

Mark Twain Source
I'll do the Liberal thing and tell you I love you.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Dear God! Did you even watch the video? The video explains the same characteristics as you're implying in our chat. I'm reminded of a quote from Mark Twain. How did it go?

Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he is hollering about.

Mark Twain Source
I'll do the Liberal thing and tell you I love you.

O man PLEEEESE.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Well then we would have to agree to disagree. We would get no where arguing who's right and who's wrong. We all make mistakes.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The American People and the greedy corporate and greedy politicians caused the destruction of the U.S. I'm glad the U.S. will collapse quicker then continue with this silly so called superpower.

Hey man take a look at what you wrote.....like this saying goes "Cant argue with stupidity"

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I can say the same with you. What are you doing to bring our jobs back from overseas? What are you doing with making the government more efficient? I don't see you doing anything.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The America I love cannot be hurt by words, popular or otherwise. It is not destroyed when some moron shouts to the world how much he hates us. It does not wither and die when it is criticized by our enemies. America is an ideal, and ideas aren't easily destroyed.

We are under attack though, by a media which worships celebritards, athletes and political hacks. They would like us all to STFU and watch more "Dancing with the Stars." They want us to argue trivialities amongst ourselves, as if our honest differences in belief are sports teams during the big game. They want us to strongly identify with one side or another because to them it doesn't matter: they control both teams.

If we have been bamboozled, it wasn't by political correctness (which is a small symptom of a much larger problem). We have been co-opted by a system that elevates the interests of Wall Street above the interests of Main Street. We have been infiltrated by corporate "persons" who claim no state, fly no flag, and spend their way to legislative influence with soft money, drafting legislation for our representatives to prevent competition, and unbalance the "free market" in their favor.

America is not undermined by dangerous or unpopular speech, and the retard who jumps around shouting about how much he hates his own country is easy to spot and easier to ignore. If we are being undermined at all, it is through silent acceptance of patriotic slogans and marketing campaigns, which manipulate us daily to believe things that are simply not true, in order to weaken our real economy and destroy what we truly represent -- our "liberty."

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by oozyism

Frivolous loaning is what got the banks in a situation. They loaned money to people for homes, knowing these people could not pay for them. That was not a good practice. A lot of people lost their homes, and with no one paying the mortages and loans on these homes, the banks are hurting.

Not trying to be rude and be disrespectful, but I'm afraid you're a bit naive my friend!

It was not only the frivolous loaning that got the banks in this situation, if you believe that, you're either misinformed or is only reading the propaganda from the people who want you to belive this.

No! what got the banks in trouble from the beginning was too high leverage regarding their fraudulent repackaging of mortgage derivatives which they couldn't cover when the bubble bursted and the info about this leaked out to foreign investors, and even foreign nations who had bought those fraudulent financial instruments from Wall Street,

These very powerful foreign investors: Banks, Government Pension Funds, and Financial intitution all over the world then demanded to have their investments back from this Wall Street Banking fraud - DIRECTLY from the U.S Government!

That's why the U.S Government ran around like deperate silly confused headless chickens in the fall of 2008 when Hank Paulson forced your politicians to agree with the giant bailout transfer to many of these foreign investors and financial institution through AIG - WITH TAXPAYERS MONEY to cover up for the Wall Street Banking fraud and to please the all foreign entities and institutions who had bought all these repackaged and fraudulent toxic financial instrument and which didn't have any value.

And as Hank paulson told the politicians, if they had not done that the U.S and World financial system would have had collapsed - and YOU would have had Martial Law in the U.S.

And yes, it's still a great mess with this ticking derivatives bomb of several hundreds of $ trillion dollars, because the mortgage derivatives were fraudulent repackaged into new financial instruments (which then was sold overseas) so many times through several Banks and financial institutions on Wall Street - so in most cases it is impossible to know the underlaying real value from the original derivatives which was based on too high levering from Moody's and others who stamped them with AAA rating between the repackaging and between the sales of these instrument through a chain of different Wall Street institutions.

Moody's and others should have not stamped AAA rating on these fraudulent financial instrument from the beginning - Flawed credit ratings on mortgage derivatives were at the heart of the problem with these Credit Default Swaps derivatives and other financial instruments.

So to say that the Banks got problem and went under because of some of the victims of this fraud (the home owners) is nothing less than delusional and a damn bad case of bending the truth through propaganda.

What the American home owners (who can't pay the banks) is nothing compared in money if you compare the value of these fraudulent mortgage based derivatives which the banks created from people's mortgages and then leveraged the value of the underlaying mortgage value with a factor of 10.

So no! I'm sorry! to blame the mortgage taking home owners for this fraud, and that certain Banks are now in trouble just because of them - is nothing less than delusional and plain crazy!

But please go ahead and continue to sipp the corporate propaganda kool aid if that is comforting to you?

edit on 6-11-2010 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
First - no one of you have ever been in Eastenr block - you have no idea of this wolrd - only fictions. I have been there for 44 years - I know the truth. A) the USSR did not collapsed.Reagan bought Gorbachev for big bag of green back and promise that if he let the system go down he will be part of the NWO. He is the most BS person in the human hustory. B) the idea was to take over the mineral resources - which as we know failed with in first 6 years. You have to remeber that the slavs have genetic relations to chinese ( 1500 years ago they were residing in North China, MOngolia and South Siberia). It is mater of time for them to find it out and get back togheter. This block (2 billion people) can not be restrain by any of other clans - indian, germanian, brits, africand or muslims.More over only the slavs know how to deal with the muslims - during the ottoman empire they give millions ( try to see the movie base on real legend - "The got horne" - cinema studio Boyana. Slavs hate the muslims and nothink can stop them in case they retaliate.
The on going game is to get the resorces of Canada - minerals and Mexico - cheep man power. The US will not collapse - even China do not want it.
So do not believe fictions - the Roman empire do not collapsed - only shiftted from one location to other to get the resouces. The plan is in motion.
The NWO has the only wepon against others - fear

reply to post by asperet ty

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
First...2010 is almost over...and after last Tuesday's election, I don't see the USA breaking up any time soon...barring a meteor strike or something.

Secondly, despite these hard times...I see many Americans ...peoples of all colors, faiths, beliefs, and ideologies working hard and being resourceful... that is America's secret to success.

Thirdly, despite the hardships...you can still be successful here in America. Find a niche...a need...and supply it...fill it. I help manage a farm supply store. I also have a small farm and am getting back into meat goats. I sell these to Hispanics and Muslims. They have a need and I supply...basic economics. Yup, we do it under the table...the American way.

Now they in turn see needs and they supply them...be it running retail outlets or shingling roofs or landscaping or running concession stands and selling tacos.

Working full time or part time and trying to run a farm or a business or cut grass and do yard work is hard work, but it can be done. The fella I bought the some more goats from today raises them and had dozens of the prettiest goats you ever saw. That is what he does on the side...he breedsa nd sells goats...like I am starting to do...sees a need and fills it.

My point in rambling is that despite our weaknesses, America is not about to fold up. We have actually had a Civil War, 2 World Wars in which we entered both weaker than we are now ... and won. We lived through massive social turmoil of the '60s that makes the current political climate look pretty tame... no Natl Guard troops shooting protestors aka Kent State, no mass arrests of dissenters like the Civil Rights Marches, no states threatening open seccession aka Louisiana in the 1930s...

We have seen many hard times before...age and history provide a paradigm through which we can guage our current crisis...its bad, but not as bad as we've seen and weathered just fine.

Don't give up on America yet... not by a long shot.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This..

I've seen this so many times.

And it has yet to happen.

Next it will be 2011 that we will break up..

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Don't forget, America is running on debt .

Doesn't that mean more job losses to come?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

What jobs? The ones that haven't been sent overseas and the illegals have taken over?
Yep America is truly a miracle country.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

What jobs? The ones that haven't been sent overseas and the illegals have taken over?
Yep America is truly a miracle country.

I know there have been job losses but I also know it is gonna get worse, more jobs will be lost hence the government can't afford creating new jobs while trying to pay a 13 trillion dollar dept, not to mention the Afghan war is also in dept, meaning the US is not paying the money back, they are borrowing more.

The US is not paying the money back yet, so when they decide to pay the money back, more jobs will be lost, huge amount.

The Afghan war is still running on dept, money is being borrowed to pay for the war.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
There will be more job losses... now be innovative and try to find how you can survive... physically and economically. Be part of the change or be a victim of the change, but never change your beliefs or ideals or lose your moral compass.

People find it hard to buy a new vehicle... so they are fixing up what they have... opportunity for a back yard mechanic.

What talents and skills do you have..employ yourself. Skills and trades are whats good today.

Gas-propane-heating oil are all going up, I sell firewood...

Costs of food going up... I raise chickens for meat and eggs, raise hogs for meat and also sell the piglets, raise meat goats for sell and meat to eat...

So you don't have a farm...have a pickup? Haul stuff...look on Craigslist for free stuff...furniture, wood, windows, toys...pick up and sell at a yard sell...after your gas...is all profit.

Don't give up... attack the circumstance.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Alreadygone is correct. I was a "participant" in the job losses just over a year ago. My skills in the corporate world could have been translated to a private service but that area is already pretty saturated. So I chose to do something more basic. I started a cleaning company. It has taken a while but now my calendar is getting full. The month of November I only have 3 days where I'm not working. I've also hired another person that works with me on most jobs and a couple of other people on an "as needed" basis.

You can choose to sit around and whine and complain or you can take care of yourself.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

I am a citizen of the United States. I think I would notice if I were screwed over. I know things are not perfect, but this is not a perfect world, but thinking I live in a dictatorship is tin foil hat thinking.

Really. Life is good. I woke this morning to hear birds singing in my beautiful yard, to see the morning glories that I plant all over the property. I drive myself to the store to shop for whatever I want to buy with money I earn at my own pace.

Hi, my name is Nhu (gentle, peaceful) and I live in Vietnam. I am old now but I recall that for a long while the birds did not sing in the forests because of the napalm and agent orange dropped by the Americans on my beloved land. My hands are painful and I work long hours making cheap clothes earning just a few of your dollars. It is not enough for me to buy the medicines I need. What did it achieve? Nothing. America is a bad place.

I had a hangover slightly because I drank a little too much Jim Beam while watching my 60 inch HD tv, also purchased at my will with money I earned,

Hi, my name is Gabir which means comforter in Arabic. We used to have a TV but the Americans bombed our house and killed my father and two of my sisters. My mother will never be comforted. Despite my name I can do nothing to help her. My father and our family were our great pride, but the family is shattered now. I have no job as there is no work. Saddam may have been a hard dictator, but life was better then than it is now. I will never be happy until America is driven from our land.

I earn good money because I went to college, I went to college because my government payed me to go to college, being the daughter of a veteran. One of 7 actually.

Hi my name is Chiyoko and I live in Japan. My name means child of 1000 generations. I was a child when the Americans dropped that evil bomb on my city Nagasaki. I was terribly disfigured and cannot go out to work as I cannot bear for anyone to see my twisted body. I am the last of the 1000 generations as I was unable to have children due to the radiation, even if I could have found a girl to look at me. I will never forgive America for what it did.

I have made good decisions, and bad ones, none of which were ever influenced by my government. They are not all up in my everyday life. But because of my government, I don't have to be concerned with war in my street, I do not fear any country coming here and 'taking over' it will never happen.

Hi my name is Kareema meaning Generous, Noble and I live in Afghanistan. I live in constant fear of being bombed by the Americans and I know that my country will never be free now that minerals have been found. I used to hate the Russians, but now I fear the Americans more.

I am sitting here at my job talking about whatever I want to, on the computer, if I want to Twitter to Lady Gaga, I can. If I want to facebook my favorite author, I can. If I want to quit my job tonight and start all over with a totally different plan tomorrow, I can. And If I need to borrow some money, my bank will lend it to me. If I want to grow my own food I can, and I do. If I don't want to I can do that too. I can were the sexiest of clothes, and go wherever I want to, or I can just kick it in a pair of sweatpants, and I can so NO TO BURKAS.

Hi my name is Fernando (intelligent, brave) and I used to live in the forests of Ecuador until the American oil men came and destroyed my land and my forest and polluted my country. I used to grow all the food for my family and fish the rivers, and although we were poor by your standards we were happy. I have no land now and I cannot borrow money from the bank as I have no way to repay it. I have had no compensation from America for the damage they have done stealing our oil and ruining our land. I hate America for this.

Life is good here. And I am happy.

Hi, Tamako here. My name means jewel child and I live on Okinawa. I am 21 and I was raped by an America sailor 2 years ago. He was never punished. I had an abortion and have had problems ever since. Life is not good and I am always afraid. I wish the Yankees would just go away and leave us in peace.
edit on 7/11/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

The 1st amendment was not for the protection of popular speech as popular speech doesn't need protection. It was meant to protect UNPOPULAR speech.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by boomadatigger

Source

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I believe in the United States. No the so called Christian Nation Conservatives create.
You know what I'm saying?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join