It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10-10-10 UFO footage at college station (Great Footage)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The letter box video is because the way he was holding the phone, HTC EVO or iphones records that way.

Here is a test I just did on my iphone 4, he might record his video with an iphone 3gs or htc etc. the iphone 4 records on HD only and thats why the letter box is more slim.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by quantum_flux

Ok thats great to know. Maybe there is a way we could guage the distance in the video somehow? Its funny we're discussing this, on Saturday I pulled over to watch some RC planes after a wedding, they can maneuver incredibly, though I never saw any get close like in the video.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

That one guy (Ryan, the guy filming?) says "Look" 106 times during that video.

Where was this filmed?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
reply to post by gunnar.j

Hey there! thanks for joining the thread! please feel free to share with the forum!! Welcome!!! I would like to know a few things

1-the direction the objects were filmed

2-Did the objects make any noise not heard on the video?

3-How long was the sighting in total?

4-Was there a solid shape visible or just lights?

5-Were you all filming in a public place?

6-Do you think this couldve been radio controlled planes or anything similar?

7-Was the video enhanced digitally whatsoever?

Any additional information please feel free to add. Thank you so much for the help! I look forward to your posts!

1. im honestly not sure as to what direction that area is, but i can find out when i drive to class tomorrow.
2. we heard no noise other than the crickets chirping and dogs barking. i have heard the weed eater noise those rc planes and helicopters make before, and there was none of that
3. the sighting was about an hour long total
4. there was no solid shape ever really seen, just the bright lights changing colors
5. we were filming on our street, with some people at our house for a party that night (hence the drunks and stoners)
6. anything is possible, it couldve been rc planes or helicopters but not hearing any engine noise and the randomness of the movement just dont make sense
7. no, the video was uploaded straight from an iphone4 to youtube

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

You see ET, we need more people with your researching capabilities. I guarantee no one else would of been able to give us that information

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

That one guy (Ryan, the guy filming?) says "Look" 106 times during that video.

Where was this filmed?

It was filmed in the outskirts of College Station, Texas.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux

The legal range on RC's is 400 feet I believe (just over a football field), plus you need to have a permit to operate them at an RC park.
edit on 11-10-2010 by quantum_flux because: -

There is no legal range on RC airplanes, at 400 feet you cant even take off, and there no permit required for flying this on a park, people pay menbership in RC fields to fly them wich is different. my R/C plane flies 2000 feet in the air and maybe 1/4 mile out. But those were not RC airplanes or helicopters or quadropters.

You either have speed or glide the plane, you cant have both, and those lights hover a lot, goes up and down very fast and make maneuvers that gliding planes cant do.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Looks like UFOs to me, doesn't have to be from outer space.

But they are Unidentifiable they are Flying and they are Objects so UFO

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Thanks so much for the info. Im sure you're gonna get a few questions throughout this thread. I know if its possible to get a day time shot of where the sighting took place that would be great. Sounds like you guys were having a good time!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
heres another guy filming the same thing from a different place in college station. www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Ziggyproductions05.....

I think the objects in your video resemble motorised LED kites viewed from a distance.

I don't think that can be excluded based on this video.

I note I have watched motorised LED kites on many occasions.

For instance, I have a favourite restaurant I go to at night when I'm in Singapore. The restaurant is on the water & looks across to a park from where they fly motorised LED kites (i.e. very lightweight remote control planes) at night.

It is quite spectacular......here are some videos of that:

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 11-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Syntax

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I dont know much about RC Planes, and their Battery life and what not, but you mentioned incident was about an hour long

I don't think that an RC Plane running off a batter pack could stay up that long. So I'd say it's not an RC Plane.

But that's just my guess.

edit on 11-10-2010 by Oozii because: -

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

If he used the iphone 4 did he uploaded the video in HD? with iphone OS 4.1 he has the option to upload the video in high definition. it will be great if he can share the video file here.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thats a very good point MMN. Im going to check out all your vids now. Main thing I noticed was the hovering of the lights in the video, wouldnt that be a tough thing to handle way up in the air? Thats the main dilemma im having with the video in question.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Using a little trig, you know the height of the car driving by, and the height of the streetlight. Assuming it's not a fisheye lense (I don't think it is because of the car height is uniform when driving by).

So, without a fisheye lense, the height of streetlight divided by horizontal distance to streetlight from camera lense should be roughly equivalent to height of UFO (when near streetlight in image) divided by horizontal distance to UFO from camera lense. If you knew the horizontal distances to the streetlight and the horizontal distance to the position of the UFO then you could figure out how high it was from that.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Nice video!

Seems real to me but heeee I'm no expert.

What irritates me though is the way in which some of the comments trying to debunk this (or other well documented sightings). MG WHAT do these kind of ppl want? An UFO to land in or near a huge city? Or maybe on the frontlane of the White House or Vatican Square? I bet even when they would see it with their own eyes they would trying to debunk that rightaway

UFO's and ET's are here and have always been althrough the human history. In this time and age we have the science, technology, filosophy and spirituality to understand more and more about them (the visits of these vehicles/vessels and the various galatic and intergalectic races).

They are here to keep an eye on us and our globe not to rescue humans from any dissaster on earth. Humanity will almost whipe itselves out in the coming century. They are just here to prevent / limit the consequences (like a nuclair war or beaming particles up in the atmosphere) for the other planets in our Solarsystem/Galaxy/Universe. That can damage more then only 'our' planet.

Humans of today are like childeren in puberty: playing with lighters and doing weird stuff with these lighters. Like: whoaaaa, see that flame? Watch this, look mine is huge! Fart fart ... whoooooo rocketfire

Most humans are concerned with their own lilttle lives, without realising that even their thoughts have energy that influences everything and everybody.

GREAT VID! Even when someone will debunked it, it looks like genuiene enough

link   

Originally posted by Oozii
I dont know much about RC Planes, and their Battery life and what not, but you mentioned incident was about an hour long

I don't think that an RC Plane running off a batter pack could stay up that long. So I'd say it's not an RC Plane.

But that's just my guess.

edit on 11-10-2010 by Oozii because: -

That's the same thing I was going to say, unless the airplane or helicopter uses gas and a big tank, any electric airplane will give you 15-20min tops using a high capacity lipo battery, then they have to land change batteries and fly again. NOT counting that LEDS uses more power and the flying time will be less. than those 20min tops
edit on 11-10-2010 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by gunnar.j
heres another guy filming the same thing from a different place in college station. www.youtube.com...

There ya go!

In gunnar's friend's video, his youtube comments have others saying they saw the same thing. I can see the real hard-core debunkers are avoiding the film, or scrambling to figure it out! If it's not remote control helicopters what is it?

And sound guys, can you manipulate your videos with programs to take out the weed wacker sound of the helicopter and include the dialogue, moving car, and barking dogs?

How much range do we have to hear the buzzing?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Thats a very good point MMN. Im going to check out all your vids now. Main thing I noticed was the hovering of the lights in the video, wouldnt that be a tough thing to handle way up in the air? Thats the main dilemma im having with the video in question.

What are some college stoners doing with giant kites from Singapore? Is that your best attempt, you post that in every thread??

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

ZiggyProductions05.....

I am pleased my info is of interest.

Some of the people that fly these motorised LED kites are highly skilled. I also note that serious heights are possible. When combined with an extremely slow "stall speed", I can't see why you couldn't make one of these things "stand still" by flying it at slow speed into a bit of a breeze.

That would produce the "hovering" effect you have mentioned.

I note the motorised LED kite option would also explain the changing colours as visible (just!) & as noted by the witnesses.

I note the extremely quiet operation of these motorised LED kites would explain the apparent "silence" of the objects.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 11-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Syntax

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join