It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 UFO's filmed over water on News (NEW)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Smurfy.....

It reminds me of the Hiller Flying Platform... Maybe they are still messing about with it in Australia.

The objects were filmed in Noumea.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

After watching both clips myself, I don't see them hovering over the water. If I had to make a serious assessment, they look to be floating on top of the water's surface. Are they boxes? Are they pieces of a damaged boat?

Unidentified flying object refers to something flying. Why do those objects look like they are floating on the water's surface?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
uggghhh, sometimes it is so frustrating to try and post something maybe decent. So many that have responded on here I truly respect their opinions, (you know who you are), but dangit, it is so frustrating when you have a clip that clearly divides the opinions. I could understand if the general populace all concured it was a flare or lantern or for something new, kite surfer, but when there is strong argument for both sides, ie., something as simple as, oppose too, but if you look at this or that then you might have this or that........ just uggghhhhh... pardon me just having a moment here. I mean just what is it going to take????

Again, not saying this is anything other worldly, but I am not convinced it is a kite surfer. They still remain UFOS to me at this moment.

The good news is that it seems someone saw my loop clip that knows the guy that was the witness that filmed it. He is going to try and get the original footage for me. Perhaps we will have better luck then.... Man I love the internet!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
ops seems I double posted sorry

edit on 13-9-2010 by yigsstarhouse because: somehow that double posted... ops

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

You watched them both as you have stated, so therefor, you probably know as much as I do about it. I have no idea what they are, thats why I brought it to the groups attention in the first place!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You watched them both as you have stated, so therefor, you probably know as much as I do about it. I have no idea what they are, thats why I brought it to the groups attention in the first place!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

If it was floating on the water why is this reflection/shadow/ripple so far away that I highlighted in this post?

edit on 9/13/2010 by AlienCarnage because: clerification

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

I don't see what you see as far as the "ripple" below the objects. Those objects, the more I look at this, seem quite large. Maybe 30 feet high.

The part that's weird is that the wind seems quite strong, moving from right to left. So why couldn't a sail boat with no lights and a dark sale, which is tacking with the wind explain the presence of this object?

Do sailboats throw a wake?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse... I mean just what is it going to take????

I can understand your frustration. When dealing with this particular subject, many people dismiss the logic behind objective analysis. If alien visitation was about the metaphysical, our evidence would be based upon emotional impulses. However, we are not talking about the metaphysical, so we would need evidence that can be studied in a laboratory. We need something in which engages all of our senses. Smell, sight, touching, and listening.

Personally, I am searching for that one piece of proof, which casts all doubt out of the whole equation. I am looking for something in which the whole world can acknowledge, so that there would be no question about its authenticity.

Even though I believe the person taking this video did see something unexplainable, I think the distance between him and the objects created an optical illusion. As a result of not being able to process the missing information, his and everyone's mind are filling in the blanks.

It is an interesting forty second video, but I think people are allowing the clip's title to define the object. Look with your eyes and not with your heart, and you will see that those objects are floating on top of the water.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage

If it was floating on the water why is this reflection/shadow/ripple so far away that I highlighted in this post?

After reviewing the video again, that shadow you are referring to disappears. If I had to relate that dark sport to anything in the environment, I would make a million dollar bet it was just a wave.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse

Keep them coming. Maybe we will someday find something more definitive. I can only encourage more people to bring pieces forward, so we can all try and come up with some answers.

I think we will discover aliens by accident, or it will be an intentional act by an alien species.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Out of all the things i know and have seen this is a first in which i have no clue,good video.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse

Keep them coming. Maybe we will someday find something more definitive. I can only encourage more people to bring pieces forward, so we can all try and come up with some answers.

I think we will discover aliens by accident, or it will be an intentional act by an alien species.

Well, the good news my friend is, we are both on the same quest... you paddle the port, Ill paddle the starboard!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

You don't see it in any of these?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20cd94d3c651.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1013b00852a8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7dab4d339ad4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

It seams to disappear because of the waves, but it always reappears in relation to the objects position.
The reason I am concerned about the shadow/reflection/water disturbance, is because if this is related to the object, it could actually make the object closer than originally thought, and possibly change the actual size, if it isn't than it changes nothing, which is why I am pursuing this angle first and not just ignoring it.

edit on 9/13/2010 by AlienCarnage because: clerification

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudbreak
That's the one
..Sounds like you've got a few waves in your time too? I just saw you are from NZ, anywhere near Raglan by any chance?

Well I try go out as much as possible. I used to live in Mount Maunganui on the East Coast, but would often travel to Rags if it was flat out East and pumping out West, which is actually quite often. I'm currently based in Auckland, but will be moving back to the mount over summer. Can't wait

In fact, my avatar is one of the points at Raglan, although you can only see the outside section. It is an amazing place, that's for sure.

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

I live a few meters from the sea her in Stavanger. I see the tide every day. And Yes you can see the tide by looking at the waves/water. You can see it move in our out. Jesse's

Ok then. Please enlighten me as to how you can tell the tide is incoming from less than 45 seconds of shaky footage from the deck of a ship. I used to see the tide every day also. The best way to tell what the tide was doing (without waiting a considerable time) is to look at the sand, to see if it is quite damp above the water line (receding tide) or dry (incoming tide). With the distance this video is from the shoreline, it is not possible to use such a technique, so please describe what is indicating an incoming tide (not that it has any relevance anyway).

I just wonder how someone who has never kited or even seen a kite in action, except from on YouTube videos can claim to know more about kiting than a person who actually does kiting. I kite at Sola and Bore just out side Stavanger all the time.

Come on man, it's not hard when you contradict yourself in your own posts. And I have stated more than once that I have seen kitesurfers in action many times. If you need to, click on "thread" at the bottom of this post. I used to live a few km's down the beach from Tay St, Mt Maunganui. It is one of the most popular kitsurfing spots in NZ, and It was not uncommon to have more than 2 dozen kites out in the area in the right conditions. I've been out on my board and had kitesurfers pass by me on their way along the coast to Papamoa. I have also handled miniature versions of these kites, I know how they operate. How about actually reading my posts and issue the points I have raised instead of claiming superior knowledge whilst making erroneous assumptions about me. I have countered the points you have raised, you could try to do the same.

To be honest i don't believe anyone in here has the knowledge to debunk this at all. You claims will only be fiction.

If you claim that these two objects are kites. They are as big as Para gliders but a lot wider. A person using kites as large as this wold probably have no control.

I have already raised the issue as to why the kite (singular) appears large. Look at 4:45 and see how small it is when zoomed out. Digital zooms aren't perfect. You can claim my observations are fiction, but I have used logic to come to them and it is clear others would agree. If your going to disagree that's fine, but at least consider that your initial assumptions may have been incorrect, and I will do the same.

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The only person I have taken seriously is the ACTUAL KITE SURFER posting 1000 reasons why this is not a kite surfer. Everyone else is a armchair kite surfer making brash assumptions that lack any common sense at all

Just curious, do you consider me one of these "armchair kite surfer"s? I'm assuming so since I have been the main poster countering this posters claims. If so, please show where I have lacked common sense as I would be glad to be proven wrong. Cheers

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
while i am a staunch believer in these things i must admit this vid is of as frustratingly crappy quality as any ive seen. where did this gent get his 4 kilopixel palmcam? also the battery goes dead as is so often the case, but as others have pointed out, what eventually happened to these things? did the guy just walk away or did he stick around? did they submerge? fly away? disappear? as theyre cracking their jokes it seems they would have a minute to discuss that.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
It seams to disappear because of the waves, but it always reappears in relation to the objects position.
The reason I am concerned about the shadow/reflection/water disturbance, is because if this is related to the object, it could actually make the object closer than originally thought, and possibly change the actual size, if it isn't than it changes nothing, which is why I am pursuing this angle first and not just ignoring it.

I noticed this also, but am reluctant to rely on the small details due to the inferior quality of the zoomed video. This is one of the points leading me to believe the moving object is a kite, that is not close to the shoreline, but a bit closer to the camera. Cloudbreak also posted some of the points I was thinking regarding positioning and perspective.

For the record I believe the stationary object is not a kite, but something such as a boat positioned further back than the kite. Although the objects look like similiar blurry blobs, they don't have to be the same type of objects.

edit on 13/9/10 by Curious and Concerned because: shpelling

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

The secondary object seems stationary and not moving, as if it were just sitting on the water, not the same type as the moving object IMHO, thus I made a decision when first viewing the film to disregard the stationary object.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by vinunleaded
1. I am a huge UFO believer
2. I reject most UFO video claims.
3. I am leaning toward human on this one
4. I have a question for the people who think they are UFOs. Are you aware how digital imaging really work? If the object is too far away there is really no way to focus on them. If the object is far away or out of focus, they will be blurry (google 'bokeh' effec). A human being will actually appear like something else out of focus. Judging by the camera shake, he probably had the zoom cranked up to the max and yes you will not see human shape out of those 2 objects even if they were really just people doing kite surfing.

I share very similiar views to you. It's sad that people assume that if you are skeptical about a particular video you must be some brainwashed sheep who would never beleive in aliens or UFO's.

The reason I try to come up with plausible explanations for videos such as this (and other recently such as the tornado "UFO" and reflection "UFO") is to add a little more credibility to the UFO scene. The people who are jumping up and down about aliens on every video don't realise it's actually harming the real UFO researchers who are trying to work things out objectively and logically. Someone really interested in finding the truth needs to be at least partially skeptical without being too gullible. Congratulations for being one of them.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join