It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 UFO's filmed over water on News (NEW)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

The secondary object seems stationary and not moving, as if it were just sitting on the water, not the same type as the moving object IMHO, thus I made a decision when first viewing the film to disregard the stationary object.

Agreed.
It seems some people are disregarding the kite theory based on the assumption that the two objects must be the same thing. That would not be a very good assumption to make. I think your decision to disregard the stationary object when observing the moving object is wise.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hmmm, for something different, or another angle to consider outside the box of course, first let me ask if any of the followers of this thread are familiar with the history of this area? Is this a large lake, a type of inlet of the ocean? I confess dont know and frankly Im a bit to tired at the moment to go look it up. Do we know the depth? Does this place have a history of other types of sightings? Anything of importance that has been sunk there? Any prior USO sightings?

Just trying to cover all the bases as they occur to me....

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I have no idea why these keep double posting..

edit on 13-9-2010 by yigsstarhouse because: double post again new glitch?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If this is the right place then I guess the objects were not a mile away.

Also, is it me or does it look like there's a large (larger than the object) "shadow" under each object?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

As I showed I saw it under the one moving object and even moves with the object but I did not see it under the stationary object. Can you show where you see it under the more stationary object?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I cannot stand when people in the media, i.e. reporters, anchors etc.. smirk and giggle in reference to anything paranormal. They all need a collective punch in the stomach or slap in the face. These fools have no objectivity whatsoever. Laughing and giggling with prejudice sends an unconscious and conscious message to the viewer that the following is not to be taken seriously.

I'm sorry, but it just boils the blood in my veins.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

It's mostly at the beginning of the video, and it's more noticeable in the video than in still images.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I also don't think these are kiters because a) someone who water kites says it's all wrong and b) one object remains stationary.

What also interests me is the lack of a wake on the moving object.

Water kiters seem to make some wake:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7ce3ef91c45.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/623b1c8c5a24.jpg[/atsimg]

But this object seems to have no wake, esp. if you compare it to the wake of the barge:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26565dbde9e0.jpg[/atsimg]

Same image in negative, wake is now dark, objects bright:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9738a0ef4ba.jpg[/atsimg]

Orientation of wake and barge and object:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff5c5e978d41.jpg[/atsimg]

The lack of a wake, expert subject matter input (water kiter), and stationary object seem to rule out water kites. But this does not mean they are extraterrestrial. When the term UFO is used, it simply means that, UNIDENTIFIED Flying Object. Don't assume we know everything about physics and other areas of science that we can identify anything. It could be a unexplained or unknown natural phenomenon, no ETs necessary.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
To begin with, my personal Thanks for all the work of the posters. I agree that it is pretty hard to actually see what the objects are but with a little more work you can find some more details. First you know where he was filming from: A specific cruise ship. What deck ( therefore how high above the waters surface). Exactly what time? This is important because most of the posts have overlooked the most important piece of information. The barge. What are the specific details about the barge? What is its name? Exactly how big is it? What was its nautical position at the time of the filming? Was the cruise ship anchored at port or was it away from shore? Knowing these things should give you a better idea of exactly where the objects were and there actual relative size. I remember reading about the Norway spiral and all the work the thread poster who carefully analyzed all the video and photos to determine that they all lined up. Please don't start down that road again because this post has nothing to do with that. I am trying to point those of you with the same type of analytical skills at the barge and how it can be used to glean more information. The barges inclusion in the original video itself proves to me the footage was not hoaxed. Forget the news casters and their attitude. They are scared. Scared of losing their position or scared that there might be craft that are intelligently controlled by someone other than humans. It doesn't matter.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
If this is the right place then I guess the objects were not a mile away.

Also, is it me or does it look like there's a large (larger than the object) "shadow" under each object?

i actually noticed that too. it does look larger than the object.

line 2

to add, the pic right above my post , you can see sort of a shadow directly below.

edit on 9/13/2010 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

It's mostly at the beginning of the video, and it's more noticeable in the video than in still images.

It's pretty hard to define what is actually going on. The video man descibes both objects as moving, it doesn't look like that. The brief idea or view of a shadow, or perhaps a bigger shadow from something higher up from the object that appears to be moving is also inconclusive as it does not last, but it could be that the water was both choppy and had smooth currents. One thing that is noticeable, is that when the camera pans back, the barge is in the foreground and the single seen moving object is much further away. The video man's vantage point also appears to be moving left to right, the same direction as the the single seen moving object. There is no info on which course the video man's ship was on when the pictures were taken, as in making a fast turn, although it does not look like that either.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Verideecimo

I agree. I too dislike when news-casters smirk and grin when referring to UFOs but.........they are told to do so. Trust me, they ALL have to answer to a higher authority at the newsroom.

They are required to keep a serious decorum to promote all the worries and fears in the world.

Then....they like to end the news hour with a sorta 'feel-good' or 'lighter' story. So when they don't have a boy saving a puppy story, they then turn any paranormal related story into their jocularity feature of the evening!

So you can only get angry at these anchors for accepting these jobs. Don't get angry at them for behaving the way they're forced to though! (sad world out there)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

most definitely a "buffer" story. Although the on-the-ground reporter looks like the guy who used to present a very good Australian documentary show, like the UK's "Tomorrow's world"

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Looking back at the post by free_spirit, where he linked to a better version of the news story, I think to do a real good analysis of this video we would need to see the actual original material, because even in the video that free_spirit linked to, which was much better quality, even the news footage really isn't as great as it should be, so even though it won't make the video great, it might still help in eliminating artifacts that are in the video as a result of the news outlet that might not be present in the raw footage.

We don't see enough of that barge that passes, and that is definitely a helpful factor in determining the size and distance of these objects. I do start to wonder though if the size isn't blown out of proportion because of the blur though, which can happen, especially when videoing at low level light conditions.

edit on 9/13/2010 by AlienCarnage because: clerification

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Hello.

I ran the jpg still shot off the first page (the 150% zoom by yigsstarhouse) through Camera Raw and came up with the following... still typical video blur, but easier to look at. Settings: Color temp +23 Tint +23 Exposure +1.90 stops Blacks +17 Brightness +12 Contrast +18.

Very interesting video, even with the blur.

They could be windsurfers I suppose, but the one is going awfully fast for that and compared to the barge, sizewise... well... need to go back now and read a few more of the pages.

added... same tratment from full screen cap at the tv station site. Settings Temp +30 Tint +25 Exp +1.90 Blacks +19 Contrast -25

edit on 9/13/2010 by PixelDuster because: photo id

edit on 9/13/2010 by PixelDuster because: image added

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The 2 objects are out of focus, you will not get anything out of it even if you had the original video

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Sorry but after reading this whole thread, I've come to the conclusion that there is not any intelligent life on Earth. Most of the posts are so blatantly lacking any form of critical thinking or common sense that I have to laugh at the absurdity of the attempted explanations.

The only person I have taken seriously is the ACTUAL KITE SURFER posting 1000 reasons why this is not a kite surfer. Everyone else is a armchair kite surfer making brash assumptions that lack any common sense at all.

And then they start lying and making up complete fabrications by saying they see all these minute details. What a load of bunk.

Maybe if yall stuck with something a little bit more logical that fits the physics of the video I might consider it in a serious manner.

To be perfectly honest, the only post I have thought is utterly farcical is yours. It is clear you have not read the posts in the thread, lack any kind of logical thought process, and have likely never been near the water or done any watersports in your life! Sorry for the harsh tone, but it is true. The way Spy 66 contradicts himself and describes the wind and wave action is literally a sham, which is clear to anyone who knows anything about the sport and the ocean.

As I said before, I am a firm - very firm - believer in UFOs. This is not one. All the logic, evidence, and clear, basic elementary-level facts clearly say this is almost without doubt a kiteboarder (or two). I initially doubted my own belief, until curious & concerned pointed out the basic truth (backed with hard evidence) of what happens when you zoom in on subjects. The digital pixellation crops out things. That is why we can't see the guys riding, nor any wake. It also is conducive to the fact the video is so shaky, because he has zoomed so much.

Further, the wind direction and the point of view of the cameraman means the guys riding would be further away than the actual kites, so the zoom would pick up on the larger, closer objects first, and crop out the smaller, further away objects (the guys on the water).

Just for the record, I have kiteboarded numerous times. A lot. Not so much now as where I live is not conducive to good conditions, but my hometown is teeming - literally in the hundreds or thousands - of kiteboarders on any given day in summer. I grew up on the water, my old man teaching me to surf about the same time I was learning to ride a bike, and have also spent years upon years wavesailing (similar to kiteboarding, with a short board but a fixed rig), sailing and fishing. As a kid, in my teens and youth, barely a day would go by I wasn't in or on the water. Growing up like this you become somewhat proficient as an amateur weatherman, poreing over weathercharts nightly and watching the news to see what the wind, swell, tides, moon etc will be like early the next a.m. Friends and I actually were 'kiteboarding' of sorts years before it was officially invented; we would sandboard on the dunes if there was no swell...but when the seabreeze picked up...a mate had a bi-directional kite and we found out we could sandboard along the beach with the kite. We wondered if we would be able to go out on the ocean doing this using our surfboards, but never did - as we thought once the kite went down in the water, we'd be stranded out to sea, and have to leave the kite and paddle back in. That was before they invented the tubular kites you get these days. Sorry, I digress

Anyway, everything about the behaviour, direction, speed, and curvature of the sails - along with the prevailing wind direction and strength - screams kiteboarding.

Hey I wish it were a UFO, I really do. Unfortunately this is not the good video many are purporting it to be. I am not a debunker, just someone who has spent more time in the water than out of it, at least up until my mid-20s...but I still surf regularly, and occassionally kiteboard when back home on a friends rig. Every discernible little action of the objects, together with the weather conditions, and the fact the zoom can only focus on the sails/kites - is 99% conducive to kiteboarding.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Another thing I would add; what would you do if you believed you had an exclusive video of a real UFO?

Would you want it to be on a prime-time, national news or credible current affairs program? Or would you go for a low-brow, far-from-credible show that airs at 6.a.m. and whose target market is insomniac grannies and housewives who have been woken up by screaming kids?

I am willing to bet the guy with the footage actually sent it to more credible shows and stations first, and ones that would give it more exposure and credibility. In all likelihood, these more credible shows all knocked him back with a gentle 'thanks, but no thanks - it's a kiteboarder or something, and way too out of focus, shaky and zoomed'.

Then, at the bottom of the rung you have sunrise, always needing a filler, always looking for something tabloidy. It is a tabloid show. Of course they are wanting to 'give' the impression it could be a UFO. They don't give a toss overall, and this video will never be mentioned or followed up by them again as they too in all probability agree it is most likely a zoomed in, out-of-focus, dodgy video of kiteboarders.

edit on 13-9-2010 by cloudbreak because: spelling

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
RCD, taking water samples? perhaps testing for toxic output, no one is in them, they are being remotly controlled from elsewhere, by whom? most likely human controlled, thier purpose? either a hoax or an expierament, not ufo.

Black blobs do not mean they are alien, humans have secret advanved technogly too...not as advanced but still its not alien

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I have a comment to make on these reflections. Strong wind gusts can create very small ripples on top of the water in a concentrated aria. At a distance they can look a lot like shadows on top of the water.

To me it seams like there is a lot of unstable wind moving from right to left. Because it does seam like the shadows come and go around the object that is moving to the right.

Its quite odd that we can see the surfer in these small waves, The object does move quite fast when it passes in front of the Island in the background. He would for sure splash up some white water when he leans back on his board at that speed. At this speed the kite surfer would also make small jumps on the ripple waves creating white water splashes as well. There is nothing.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join