It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 UFO's filmed over water on News (NEW)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
YAAAA!

More unbelievably shaky camera footage.

By rule of thumb, this is another damned hoax.

In order for the camera to shake THAT BAD, one of two things have to happen:

1.) It's being shaken intentionally (most likely)
2.) The camera weighs like 200 pounds (unlikely)

Unfortunately I am unable to view the video itself because I am at work and Video of any sort is blocked here, so I have held off commenting on the video presented itself, but I had to comment on your lack of knowledge on this part.

There are many reasons a video can be shaky, you can have someone who gets a shake or a twitch because of medical reasons, the digital zoom can be used which anyone who has used it on a video camera knows how easy it is to have a shaky video as a result. These were only two of the many possibilities, but a shaky video does not make it a hoax.

As far as the pictures that were provided from the video, without seeing the accompanying video, it is really hard to tell what the objects may be.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak

Fortunately no one is asking you to stake your life on the accuracy of this one report but the reporters who covered the story and the station who brought it to the public have already staked their reputation and credibility on the conclusion that it is not kite boarders. You may have some additional footage or information they don't?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
UFO videos are always low quality... i wonder why?

that guy had a pretty good camera i think, but why is the resolution so low?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
UFO videos are always low quality... i wonder why?

that guy had a pretty good camera i think, but why is the resolution so low?

Unfortunately I can’t see the video here at work, but this guy was probably just recording his vacation when he spotted this, which more than likely means he was using the lowest quality setting in order to get more time recording from the recording media he is using.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Well I wouldn't agree they are staking their reputation or credibility in the slightest. I thought it was fairly obvious from their presentation they were taking it rather lightheartedly, and suggesting it 'could' be a UFO.

Look, sunrise (the show) is in no means a highly reputable beacon of credible reporting or journalism. It is lighthearted, morning show garble for old ladies and bored housewives...and not particularly intelligent ones. For goodness sake, the host is Larry bloody Embur lol. His claim to fame is being the pretty boy (and not so intelligent) host of The New Price is Right in Oz for many years. I doubt the guy has ever surfed, kiteboarded, or windsurfed...(though he may of windsurfed once or twice...I don't know)..but they are by no means staking their credibility on this report.

They are always looking for fillers, fluff pieces and something 'exclusive' these types of shows, no matter how crappy.

It's kiteboarding. My knowledge and almost 100% certainty is via experience.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
interesting,
they seem like enlarged pixels, given the square shape, which also makes me wonder whther it was tampered with. However, I am annoyed the idiot reporter didn't ask more pertinent and probing questions, like, was there noise, what did they look like to your eye, and how did they leave?

he does say they were translucent I think and a tube shape? Anyhoo, that area of our world has been getting increasing activity regarding UFOs, particularly in the sea. Fiji, Soloman Islands in particular. There are many reports from locals of seeing "giants", who are based in the mountain region of one of the main islands, and a lot of disappearances of people who go to investigate.

you won't catch me investigating them any time soon!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

I live a few meters from the sea her in Stavanger. I see the tide every day. And Yes you can see the tide by looking at the waves/water. You can see it move in our out. Jesse's

I just wonder how someone who has never kited or even seen a kite in action, except from on YouTube videos can claim to know more about kiting than a person who actually does kiting. I kite at Sola and Bore just out side Stavanger all the time.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
To be honest i don't believe anyone in here has the knowledge to debunk this at all. You claims will only be fiction.

If you claim that these two objects are kites. They are as big as Para gliders but a lot wider. A person using kites as large as this wold probably have no control. The kite would take him where ever the wind is dragging the kite. And i would say poor man if it should collapse and catch wind again. It would probably rip his arms right of, or brake his back if he has the boom hooked to his trapeze.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well ive followed this thread and cant really make an assumption as to what they are but, one thing that puts me off them being kites/parasailers is the poor light. I know it might sound stupid, but it would have been a lot darker than we are seeing out on the water because of the lack of light pollution.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
i think its funny how. yet again. another unclear. jerky hand held camera "as evidence"..

nyerK!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
My first thoughts were that they are boats...

I don't know about distance tbh, I will have to look more closely when I have enough time. I couldn't r4eally make out any hovering. Looked like they were in the water tbh.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

This one is pretty good because, 1, it isnt just little lights in the sky, 2, the news covered it, and 3 the witness seems pretty credible.

There are thousands of reports with these three elements and skeptics always find a way to discredit the information/footage as bogus. Unless they actually came down from the craft and spoke to you and told you where they were from and then you managed to knock one of them over the head, throw him into a gunny sack and an autopsy was performed by an expert medical team who corroborated this the body of an extraterrestrial...and when that story surfaces and it comes on the news...even then...nobody will believe you.

The problem with the skeptics is that they can't even admit that one UFO might really represent technology from some alien civilization: if they admit even one, they're done. That's why they often tie themselves up in knots coming up with the most absurd "explanations" imaginable.

I'm not even saying this is a "real" UFO incident; I don't know that at all. We have many cases in the records that are far better than this one, cases that are totally inexplicable to anyone who is even slightly fair-minded.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
1. I am a huge UFO believer
2. I reject most UFO video claims.
3. I am leaning toward human on this one
4. I have a question for the people who think they are UFOs. Are you aware how digital imaging really work? If the object is too far away there is really no way to focus on them. If the object is far away or out of focus, they will be blurry (google 'bokeh' effec). A human being will actually appear like something else out of focus. Judging by the camera shake, he probably had the zoom cranked up to the max and yes you will not see human shape out of those 2 objects even if they were really just people doing kite surfing.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
My first thoughts were that they are boats...

I don't know about distance tbh, I will have to look more closely when I have enough time. I couldn't r4eally make out any hovering. Looked like they were in the water tbh.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

See...that's what frightens me. If the average person can't tell a boat from a 'flying' craft then, I think this world is in a heap of trouble.
I have to assume, this object(s) wasn't water-bound.

Someone said it might've been a submarine observation tower (or something like that)
Again, something ON the water is a lot different than something floating IN the air.

The para-sailing/kiting is the closest thing (short of two unknown flying objects) that makes the most sense. This man is 67 years old. People surfing the 'air' is a rather new sport and suspends the body where it's not used to being seen (in the air). He may not be used to seeing this particular sport, in action.

I wonder what his wife thought and why she wasn't interviewed (and if camera shy then, an audio clip of her impression).

I don't think this is a hoax like some are suggesting. I think at 67 years of age the last thing on their mind is pulling a fast one over on the UFO community.

About the broadcast itself. I thought they could've 86-ed the background music when reporting this. It gave the impression of not being taken too seriously but........that's Hollywood, er...I mean, the news...for ya!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The problem with skeptics is that they got smarter. It may be hard for you to believe but most 'skeptics' here dont reject the UFO idea. When I started reading ATS, I use to believe in every single video posted on the internet. Thanks to this forum for debunking them, now I am more careful or shall I say less gullible. Most people (or skeptics) here reject these videos because
1. they want to root out the ignorant people that make UFO research look like a joke. Unfortunately there will always be these people and ufology will always look like a joke
2. they dont want new members to be conned like they once were

Originally posted by witness63

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

This one is pretty good because, 1, it isnt just little lights in the sky, 2, the news covered it, and 3 the witness seems pretty credible.

There are thousands of reports with these three elements and skeptics always find a way to discredit the information/footage as bogus. Unless they actually came down from the craft and spoke to you and told you where they were from and then you managed to knock one of them over the head, throw him into a gunny sack and an autopsy was performed by an expert medical team who corroborated this the body of an extraterrestrial...and when that story surfaces and it comes on the news...even then...nobody will believe you.

The problem with the skeptics is that they can't even admit that one UFO might really represent technology from some alien civilization: if they admit even one, they're done. That's why they often tie themselves up in knots coming up with the most absurd "explanations" imaginable.

I'm not even saying this is a "real" UFO incident; I don't know that at all. We have many cases in the records that are far better than this one, cases that are totally inexplicable to anyone who is even slightly fair-minded.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Ok, ufo rules....

1.) Always keep a mini tripod within 10 feet of any video camera.

2.) Rule number 1 is really the only rule.

I'm really curious to know what these objects looked like through infrared, wouldn't it be amazing if they had a brilliant heat signature? I love seeing the news report ufos just because it becomes a subject of interest to many people who don't normally associate with thoughts of the unexplainable. Nice!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This is obviously a hoax. If not, then it's misidentified insect swarms. Some insect swarms are so thick that they appear to be solid objects or small, blurry clouds like these. There are no lights, as these are insects.

Insect possibilities include the standard North American Mosquito, June Bugs, disturbed hornets, and/or some of the missing bees attributed to colony collapse disorder. These bug swarms occassionally make their way over water, hover and move on. Some move over water and dissipate, ergo giving the illusion that an object has vanished.

When Japanese Beetles swarm at sunset, high in the sky, the reflective nature of their shells create a brilliant, sparkling, glowing kind of morphing "UFO" illusion. This is why some UFOs seem to "morph." These beetle swarms are more common than most people think. Of course, UFO fanatics, er "believers," are quick to attribute that reflective beetle swarms at sunset are really alien flying saucers manned by Elvis clones. Be careful what you believe in.

I hope that this hasn't infuriated anyone because the previous paragraphs were a dry exercise in British-styled humor, --trying to think up the most outlandish explanation for this sighting a good debunker might come up with. LOL But, seriously, great footage, thanks for sharing. S&F.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I believe it's already been noticed that the "top" blob stays in the same place, while the bottom blob moves from left to right. I don't see any sails or kites. Maybe there's one surfer coming in on a wave while another is sitting on his board. They look a bit too blocky to be surfers, though. Also, there doesn't seem to be any waves, and it's getting a little dark to surf.

Otherwise, pelicans, maybe? They fly low to the water like that.

I don't know.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Yet even then you would only have 80,000 witnesses, with about six billion other people who didn't see it and think the witnesses are idiots. All you need is one reasonable explanation like a plane or a Chinese lantern, seen under "unusual circumstances" of course, and the public at large will be more than happy to accept it, especially when the media stops talking about it within a week. Just look at the incident in Arizona in 1997 - the Phoenix "lights" - or the Hudson Valley sightings in the mid-80s. Thousands of witnesses to both sets of sightings. Traffic backed up on the Taconic Parkway with people out of their cars staring in awe at this huge thing hovering silently directly over their heads. In the Arizona incident, calls started pouring in to police stations and the local Air Force base at 8:30 p.m., yet nearly everyone who did not witness this event is completely satisfied with the official explanation that what these people were reporting as a huge, low flying triangular or V-shaped object at 8:30 was really nothing more than a set of military flares that were not even dropped until between 9:30 and 10:00 that night. Of course it helps that every time this story was in discussed in the media it was accompanied by footage of those flares and assurances that this is what everyone was looking at and reporting.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sorry but after reading this whole thread, I've come to the conclusion that there is not any intelligent life on Earth. Most of the posts are so blatantly lacking any form of critical thinking or common sense that I have to laugh at the absurdity of the attempted explanations.

The only person I have taken seriously is the ACTUAL KITE SURFER posting 1000 reasons why this is not a kite surfer. Everyone else is a armchair kite surfer making brash assumptions that lack any common sense at all.

And then they start lying and making up complete fabrications by saying they see all these minute details. What a load of bunk.

Maybe if yall stuck with something a little bit more logical that fits the physics of the video I might consider it in a serious manner.

Well at least we have someone who knows what they are talking about here. Thanks Spy66 for the info and observations.

And for those of you complaining at the poor video quality, that's funny, because when we get a great quality video you are the same folks screaming CGI. Your statements based on quality have no relevance.

I am pretty sure there is a reasonable explanation to this video, but it's a little out of the box. Due to it's speed and lack of major wake, I would propose a Sea Shadow or possibly a new type of Hydrofoil boat that masks it's wake in a unconventional manner? IDK, the video is pretty crappy and I am surprised we are even wasting this much time on it. But whatever floats your unidentified sea bound object, I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join