It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 UFO's filmed over water on News (NEW)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

No ones nutted the exact location yet?
I saw a link by Armap but the map was only a zoomed out shot of one of the bays near Noumea.

Chadwickus.....

I don't think anybody's come up with a "rock solid" verification of the location.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I've been adamant from the start that one object is a stationary object, maybe boat or rock. And the one moving is highly likely a kite from a kitesurfer. I've been looking into kitesurfing in Noumea and it turns out it's quite popular. Upon googling it I came across this 360 degree panoramic photo. It's so cool! Check it out.
kitesurfers in panoramic photo - Pointe Magnin, Noumea

This is at Pointe Magnin in Noumea. Notice the amount of kitesurfers, and how some of the high kites still appear to show quite a lot of surface area due to their curvature, while showing only small amounts of white water from the surfers. And this is super high quality images in bright, well lit conditons, far superior to that in the OP video. What's even more cool though is the UFO

See if you can spot the mysterious object which looks like a kitesurfer getting some air, but has no kite!

edit on 14/9/10 by Curious and Concerned because: need sleep

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

I'm glad you posted that zoomed out shot C & C - I know you had mentioned earlier to look at it, but I couldn't due to a tenuous youtube connection, so was basing my views on just the shorter looped video and a very slow viewing of the first half of the main vid.

It proves it's an offshore wind; and it could easily be surmised looking at the terrain that there is an open spanse of water to the right of the point, and an open expanse of water to the left. Launching from the point would be the obvious and perfect place to go from to make the most of the offshore for any kiteboarders in an offshore wind coming up and over the hills from behind.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

I gotta say, I think you're correct on one of the objects being stationary.

I missed that the first time, nice work.

I'm browsing google earth terrain, trying to find the hills that match what we see in the vids.

Nice pic too btw!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

The good news is that it seems someone saw my loop clip that knows the guy that was the witness that filmed it. He is going to try and get the original footage for me. Perhaps we will have better luck then.... Man I love the internet!

Is there any more info on this?

The original would be helpful, it might look better than the copy of the copy that we are seeing in the broadcast, though no guarantees.

It would be interesting if the gent that filmed this would come on and discuss with us a bit for clarity of the facts.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So here's a good wide shot of where this was filmed:

I have a feeling it was filmed looking in a westerly direction, since the sky through the clouds is pink/orange, indicating sunset.

That's as far as I got... lol

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I haven't read all the posts since my last post, but I think we are forgetting something, this was filmed from a moving ship, as we can see by the movement of the strip of land when compared to the mountains in the background.

If that's the case, then we may be looking at two objects of different sizes at different distances, both on the water, and the movement is not real because it's the camera that's moving.

But I may be wrong, it has happened before.

Edit: I am (at least partly) wrong, for that to happen exactly as I said the ship should be moving in the opposite direction.

edit on 14/9/2010 by ArMaP because: Dohhh!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I was thinking that the ship was anchored, and that all movements of the camera were because of the camera operator.

Do we know if the ship was anchored or moving, because this would make a huge difference, and if it is moving, which way, as this would change things as well? If the ship was moving it would help explain some of the shakiness of the video.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I tryed to read all the posts atm, maybe i have jumped some, but i dont recall to read nothing about this i wanna ask.
At what time exactly was this video recorded? By the images it can be early morning or it can be also late evening...because it is almoust night and the street lights are on.

My question is, Do you people think it is normal to see people kitte surfing in this pour light conditions?!
Even a not expert in that sport knows that doing it in that conditions is extremely dangerous! Any possible ship/boat passing near could kill the surfer due the lack of visibility!

It's this "Light" factor that makes me to putt away the "Surfer" theory. No one sane would be surfing in that "gloom" for sure!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You are right there. I have seen camera movement of an ordinary light, off a lighted window that looks incredibly like a UFO when played back. If I did not know it was me moving the camera around causing the effect I would probably still think my neighbors window was a UFO.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Not being funny but couldnt there be a couple of people swimming underwater with a couple of poles or sticks with a black flag or black bag?

I watched this video and at first i thought it was the orbs in the background we were watching and just thought those black things were swans and then i thought wait a minute what are those black things, are they hovering just above the surface or do they seem to be skiing on the surface but then i thought of my question above and that seems more logical!!

Or.... it's some remote controlled boat or even a kite.....

edit on 14-9-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: adding text

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

I live in New Jersey about 30-60 minutes from the shore depending on traffic, and I can assure you that even at the shore in Jersey there are a lot of people who will go out late into sunset and others who will go out before dawn; there are others who prefer nighttime. I don’t know about other places but at least in Jersey, it being dark is not a consideration when it comes to hardcore enthusiasts.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I can confirm now that these two objects are not kites.

If you look at the original video, watch the large boat moving to the right. If you look closely you can see a wave hitting the side of it at 4:45. If you look closely at this wave you can see that it is being tossed backwards by the wind 4:45 to 4:47.

If the wind is moving to the left. There is no way a kite surfer could surf to the right. A kite surfer cannot surf against the wind.

If the wind is blowing to the left. The kite surfer has two options. To surf with the wind, which means he must move to the left. Or he must cross surf with the wind. That puts the kite in the direction of the cameraman or in the opposite direction.

This object it clearly moving to the right.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

We don’t know for certain that it is moving to the right. As ArMaP pointed out, the ship the person taking the video was on could be moving, and if it is moving to the left, it would make the object appear to be moving right, and if the ship were to be moving to the right, that would mean that this object is moving even faster than we think, however if the boat is stationary then it is just as we see it, unless the person taking this film is slightly panning one way or the other. Without knowing for certain if the ship was moving and in which direction it was going we don’t know for certain that this object doesn’t just seem to move right.

The two objects I do not think are the same size, I think the pretty much stationary one is a bit further away and possibly bigger than the closer one that appears to be moving.

As for being a kite, I am still not certain that is the best explanation, when I get done work tonight I will have another go at the video. I have seen kite surfing many times and though it looks very similar, something just seems a bit off in that explanation that I can’t put my finger on.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

If you look at the video again at 4:45 to 4:50 you can see that the boat the camera guy is filming from is moving in the same direction as the other boat. The boat he is filming from is passing the other boat on starboard side.

So that means the object are moving to the right by it self.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

That's right,
I mentioned that in a post back a bit, The barge, and the ship are moving left to right. It looks as if the object is also moving, and in a similar direction, but it's very far away and hard to tell. The reporter also mentioned that the object/s had a cylinder shape. I don't know if that is how he saw it on the video, or if the video man said they were that shape.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This picture may be the near location, going by Chadwickus's wide picture. The hills are on the very far right at the back, plus another hill rolling down in front of that and you can just make out another stretch of water below them. I'll look for a closer-up picture,

wikitravel.org...

It looks like Moselle Bay, where the ferry and cruise terminal is,

www.tripbase.com...

edit on 14-9-2010 by smurfy because: to add texr.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yes its "unexplainable" so by saying its an alien Ufo, you are condricting yourself, because you cannot explain the unexplainable, it defeats the purpose to say its "unexplainable"

So you really must have an ingorant level of intellgence, probally call your self smart eh? everyone has this own smarts, but this isnt one of them, there is a logical explaination for this, just have to use your witts

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

I live in New Jersey about 30-60 minutes from the shore depending on traffic, and I can assure you that even at the shore in Jersey there are a lot of people who will go out late into sunset and others who will go out before dawn; there are others who prefer nighttime. I don’t know about other places but at least in Jersey, it being dark is not a consideration when it comes to hardcore enthusiasts.

Thank you very much for clear this question for me friend.
Weird how people seems to enjoy putting they'r lives in danger...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Check out this vid from youtube
This can't be a bird flying this fast
this thing flies by within 0.050sec. from left to right.
so if this is a bird and the distance from left to right is 10 meters ( can be a 1000m I say )
it flies with a speed of 720 KM/hour... at least!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join