It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Engravings On The Tree Of Life! You Won’t Believe This!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I wouldn't sweat it OP. Just as you didn't research the tree, some people here were too quick to judge you without taking the time to really think it through.

Hell, I didn't know this thing existed. I've never seen it. It doesn't help that I haven't been to DisneyLand.

Troy

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by K M Anderson

Text

Yes, in the 20 minutes I have before work to check email and ATS I saw some lovely pictures on a site usually known for it's death, doom and gloom, enjoyed them, and asked for more info and cites. And thanked the first person to clarify the post (whose clarification wasn't there when I originally saw the pics). Yep, sure fell for it!

I'll make sure not to be touched by something beautiful next time. For shame!

..... Seriously?

To the OP: Thanks for clarifying your intentions. It was beautiful; but alas, context is everything. I hope you won't let this experience dampen your desire to participate on the site. Be well!

[edit on 2/26/2010 by DeathTribble]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Sorry,

Someone misled you. This is the tree from Disney Land. You can go to the address below to check out another person's opinion. I know it is just a blog, but you can also just go to google images (type: Disney's tree of life) and see tons of photos.

mustseepicsnvids.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
wow that is AMAZING!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Geez Louise!

Thx guys, I really needed this laugh to wake up this morning...

I hope it's a wake up call for a few to do a little research, and not always take for granted everything you read or hear is true without questioning it.

A lesson well taught, for the OP and the quick revelations of facts by others.

Or, are there many disinfo agents trying to fool people, that this amazing Indian tree right in the middle of nowhere, is an artificial tree at Disneyland, because it really is the entrance to the hollow earth, and the reptilians don't want people to go near it...?!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Sorry but isn't this part of Disney?

If not they must have copied it then

Ha! Second post, at least I'm not that crazy.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by thomas_]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Takes a lot to admit a mistake well done OP but does this thread have 30 or more flags and stars because he admited his mistake or because there are still people out there that are looking at the pictures and not the rest of the thread.

I am thinking brain farts are contagious.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Thanks for the info.
I nearly fell for the "remote village" .

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Tree itself is nice; although artificial. Someone could consider it as art, I don't, it's rather a waste of resources.

But I would like to know that what kind of group the original emailer belongs to - or was the original mail the OP had just random spam? That info could be one step closer to the source of disinformation. Unless ofcourse, it was from the as much as misinformed random acquaintance.

Why would anyone want to deliberately claim that the tree is in India? To back up some neoreligious newage rubbish, I'd wager. Or something equally sinister

-v

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

You beat me to it. I went there to Animal Kingdom years ago and i straight away recognised this.

This thread should be deleted and the stars and flags be retracted!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Why isnt this in the hoax forum.....I googled about this and everyone is saying its the disney land tree. I even googled the place in India and the tress that are shown as sacred look nothing like the one in the OP

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Well since it was just some pics of a cool carved tree and nothing of any real importance I didn't really care about evidence. It was nice to see a happy thread and some cool artwork. And I did point out that those trees don't grow in India as well but thanks for pointing out I didn't flip out looking for evidence that somebody carved a tree instead of making it from fiberglass

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Well since it was just some pics of a cool carved tree and nothing of any real importance I didn't really care about evidence. It was nice to see a happy thread and some cool artwork. And I did point out that those trees don't grow in India as well but thanks for pointing out I didn't flip out looking for evidence that somebody carved a tree instead of making it from fiberglass

Well I did not really think I was being all that hard on you but now that you have stepped up and offered...

Are you claiming that you should be forgiven your ignorance because the subject was too cool to bother checking into? If only this website had some kind of motto about that very type of behavior, I would have been justified in thinking people should be checking things at least a little.

If you want to stand up, wave your hands and scream 'forgive me for choosing to remain ignorant but it was so cool, why would I check' then you have that and be proud of it.

I was just pointing out to someone else that it was ludicrous to expect that people would not fall for it when many had. I was not picking on you for falling for it as much as them for ignoring the fact that you had.

Now I know that any thread offered up by you may be too cool to have been fact checked. If that is who you are then cool. I am going to go join a website where members do their best to 'not blindly accept a lack of information' or some version of that kind of statement.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaskade
wow that is AMAZING!!!
wow! you're AMAZING!!!

it's an 83 (ET tree)...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
it's funny, i saw people building that at animal kingdom a few years back in orlando. well, it's nice to see pics of how it turned out! it's still a piece of art!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
smh......................
2nd. still smh and I liked the pic.

[edit on 2/26/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
THIS IS AN AMAZING PHOTOGRAPH OF SOME TRUE HISTORY. I WONDER JUST HOW OLD THE TREE IS. THE TRUNK IS ONE OF THE LARGEST I HAVE EVER SEEN. I WOULD GUESS THE AGE OF THE TREE GOES BACK TO THE MIDDLE AGES.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
See this is exactly the type of problem that is so frustrating! From now on i think i just won't even read a new thread without a credible source in the op. I mean come on! It's Disney man! Disney! The majority of us are already familiar with these tree of life images.
Still, this thread gets longer and longer with people both decrying and insulting it, when we should just be ignoring it altogether.
We're supposed to be here for the truth, not this sort of nonsense.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You know, this almost got me...then i realized that i had seen that tree before....In real life....In Florida at freaking disney world....

LOL!!!

That junks fake man!!!!
Put the kool-aid down!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by inven104u2
THIS IS AN AMAZING PHOTOGRAPH OF SOME TRUE HISTORY. I WONDER JUST HOW OLD THE TREE IS. THE TRUNK IS ONE OF THE LARGEST I HAVE EVER SEEN. I WOULD GUESS THE AGE OF THE TREE GOES BACK TO THE MIDDLE AGES.

That is exactly the sort of thing I was talking about in my earlier post. I swear, some people don't know how to read at all. They just look at the pictures until their pants feel tight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join