It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Engravings On The Tree Of Life! You Won’t Believe This!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Before bagging out the OP, have you considered they may not be from the States and haven't been to Disneyland?
And never seen this in pictures anywhere.

I wouldn't have know if it wasn't pointed out, being Australian and all.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennyQ

Before bagging out the OP, have you considered they may not be from the States and haven't been to Disneyland?
And never seen this in pictures anywhere.

I wouldn't have know if it wasn't pointed out, being Australian and all.

Ok, I looked over the OP a few more times and found not one link to a source of any kind which makes it appear to be an extemporaneous fabrication. Personally, I'd say it's highly probable that the OP is trying to pull one over here in order to test gullibility or just for schlitz and giggles.

The pictures in the OP also appear much like the ones from and old article from about 10-15 years ago discussing Disney's mistreatment of animals in the park, the article by which I knew that this was a park attraction.

Edit:
Ok, it looks like this has been going around as a hoax:
India's Tree-of-Life Hoax Busted

Many people know the Tree of Life, which is part of Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park in Florida. However, at the other end of the world, in India, where few people have heard about it and even fewer will ever visit this tree, its image has been used for an email hoax for months.

Edit again:
Mess it! Too much coffee today. I see it was covered!

[edit on 2/25/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Ok, I can go with that, but I still would give the OP the benefit of the doubt that he/she may not have known.
I guess I would have googled before I posted, but meh, thats me

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
hate to break this to you all but this is the "tree of life" at Disney World" at the animal kingdom.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Isn't Epcot in the Magic Kingdom? I have not been there in years.
Quite a shame they changed it, that was an incredibly cool feature!!
Thanks for great laugh amongst another NE snow storm OP, I was getting a little ticked at the prospect of shovelling again!!

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Acid_Burn2009]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Nice... Maybe some aliens got bored and started carving?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
Remote villiage? Well, if you consider Orlando to be remote I suppose you are correct

The Tree of Life is a 145-foot (44 m) artificial tree, the icon of Disney's Animal Kingdom since it opened on April 22, 1998.
Engineered from a refitted oil platform, it is located on Discovery Island, roughly in the center of the park. Its leaves are made out of Kynar.

On the exterior are carved images of 325 animals. Under the Tree is a theatre featuring It's Tough to be a Bug!, a 3-D film hosted by Flik, from Disney·Pixar's A Bug's Life.

It is similar to Rafiki's home tree in The Lion King, though on a much larger scale. There is a hidden Mickey on this tree.

Source

Hint: It's either fiberglass or cement.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by D.E.M.]

Only quoting this because many are missing it and not seeing it.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Yeah, Disney World is cool for kids, I guess.

I probably have quite a few photos of the Tree of Life.

Animal Kingdom is my favorite.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gouzze
I hope you didnt expect people to really believe that this is a real tree did you?
Welcome to Orlando FL. Take me to Diny lan Diny lan

Expect people to believe it? Did you read the thread? White2098, Acidtastic, Redwookieaz, DeathTribble, and DaMod all fell for it and it was explained after the first two. This thread makes me sad. While it was a good point about people being from elsewhere not readily knowing what it was, at ATS you would expect people to do the tiniest amount of research; especially when the OP has no external sources in itself.

edit to add: I must also admit that I just had to bump this thread since it gave me such a great ride today. I have not laughed and cried so much over something I read since Clive Barkers last phone in.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
On the front page? Really?

Does everyone read the OP and then flag/star before reading the rest of the pages? I'm sorry, I'm not attempting to troll or derail as I feel like the thread is already kind of a mess to begin with.

Regardless, it is pretty and well done. I guess that people appreciating it is at least worth the 5 minutes of fame for this forum. No S&F though. But thanks for the art appreciation thread.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
With ever day I grow more disgusted w/ the people on this website. Is it really necessary to bash the op's brains in? It's an honest mistake, and even if it wasn't, show some self respect in how you people conduct yourselves. Don't let these people derail you OP. I for one am glad you posted this, I had never seen it before.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

[edit on 2/25/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I don't know why so many are creating a stink over this. He probably got them in an email with that exact description and wanted to share his amazement so he uploaded them to a picture site.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by deanorw]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
To the OP!

I wouldn't worry mate if this was an accident, we've all been suckered one way or another before!

you're lucky, in a few years this'll drop off your list of threads and all will be forgotten, I still have to live with mine as I made a few mistakes just recently lol!

All the best matey!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by deanorw
I don't know why so many are creating a stink over this. He probably got them in an email with that exact description and wanted to share his amazement so he uploaded them to a picture site.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by deanorw]

The big stink is because I think members of ATS expect other members of ATS to be at least vigilant enough to just do one google search on whatever email they just got before posting it as a fact here. I did join ATS because of the high quality of investigation seen here. The motto is deny ignorance. How is it anything other than ignorant to just post some email you got without doing the most basic and minimal amount of research? I am not saying that the OP needs to get hate filled rants but I do see why people are upset. I think most of us just expect at least a tiny bit of research be done before posting some tale here.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
All of us are human(I think). And we all make mistakes. It was a good laugh for all. Just don't be so hard on the OP, whether it was an honest mistake or a hoax, laughter is good for the soul. But I admit hoaxing is only funny once.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Why would you try to deceive people with this when it is so relatively known? The funny thing is that people actually believed you ha. Why has this not been removed yet?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I don't know, guys. It just kind of looks like a carving or something. It probably isn't real.

Are there more pictures or anything?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Remote villiage? Well, if you consider Orlando to be remote I suppose you are correct

"The Tree of Life is a 145-foot (44 m) artificial tree, the icon of Disney's Animal Kingdom since it opened on April 22, 1998. Engineered from a refitted oil platform, it is located on Discovery Island, roughly in the center of the park. Its leaves are made out of Kynar. On the exterior are carved images of 325 animals. Under the Tree is a theatre featuring It's Tough to be a Bug!, a 3-D film hosted by Flik, from Disney·Pixar's A Bug's Life. It is similar to Rafiki's home tree in The Lion King, though on a much larger scale. There is a hidden Mickey on this tree."

Ain't north-american, I never was in the Disneyland and I was seriously and strongly toward to believe this tree was really some stunning masterpiece left by some ancient Veda Hindu civilization where nowadays is placed a remote village in Andhra Pradesh. I really was... Dude you just dropped a bomb in my ludicrous mind.
Well at least wasn't me the fool that posted this thread without a prior research.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
I don't know, guys. It just kind of looks like a carving or something. It probably isn't real.

Are there more pictures or anything?

You get a big old star for not only demonstrating my point but taking it to new heights!

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join