It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Engravings On The Tree Of Life! You Won’t Believe This!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hi guys! Check this out. This one is known as the tree of life – a tree in a remote village in Andhra Pradesh, India. Fantastic, astonishing engravings of insects, reptiles, birds and animals on the trunk. No one knows who has done this, how and when. Check it out…..

The Tree Of Life

The Engravings. Look carefully and you'll see dozens of animals, birds, reptiles and insects.

Now let's see some close-ups.......

Snake

Hippo

Butterfly

Crocodile

Monkeys

Beetles

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
That's incredibly well done!

Any idea when these were made? S/F!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
That is most awesome.

The hippo looks like it was done ages ago, but some of them look a little more recent. And the snake, the way the tail comes out the back, it's like the tree wanted it to be a snake.

SnFd

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Remote villiage? Well, if you consider Orlando to be remote I suppose you are correct

The Tree of Life is a 145-foot (44 m) artificial tree, the icon of Disney's Animal Kingdom since it opened on April 22, 1998.
Engineered from a refitted oil platform, it is located on Discovery Island, roughly in the center of the park. Its leaves are made out of Kynar.

On the exterior are carved images of 325 animals. Under the Tree is a theatre featuring It's Tough to be a Bug!, a 3-D film hosted by Flik, from Disney·Pixar's A Bug's Life.

It is similar to Rafiki's home tree in The Lion King, though on a much larger scale. There is a hidden Mickey on this tree.

Source

Hint: It's either fiberglass or cement.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by D.E.M.]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Wow! That really is amazing! I wonder who did it? And I wonder when? I thought those types of trees only grew in Madagascar though. Anyways thanks for posting this. Totally spiffy!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
That is so lovely! Do you have any other info? When and how it was first recognized? What towns it may be near, etc? A link to where you found it? Flagged for sheer coolness....

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Amazing workmanship!!

S&F

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

I was just about to come and post a hoax link too. Still, it's a wicked looking tree, and the artists involved are skilled

www.hoax-slayer.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Crud.... Well hey that means I was right about that tree type not growing in India anyway....Well at least most likely anyways... It would be a lot cooler if those were real carvings though.... Heh...thanks for the heads up....

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
Remote villiage? Well, if you consider Orlando to be remote I suppose you are correct

The Tree of Life is a 145-foot (44 m) artificial tree, the icon of Disney's Animal Kingdom since it opened on April 22, 1998.
Engineered from a refitted oil platform, it is located on Discovery Island, roughly in the center of the park. Its leaves are made out of Kynar.

On the exterior are carved images of 325 animals. Under the Tree is a theatre featuring It's Tough to be a Bug!, a 3-D film hosted by Flik, from Disney·Pixar's A Bug's Life.

It is similar to Rafiki's home tree in The Lion King, though on a much larger scale. There is a hidden Mickey on this tree.

Source

Hint: It's either fiberglass or cement.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by D.E.M.]

You should have let them all go
I have not been able to stop laughing since reading the OP
You know I have heard rumor that there is a real life alien encounter over at Epcot too,
and don't forget the real dinosaurs found not far from the tree of life!

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Acid_Burn2009]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
yeah thats a oil platoform with fiber glass on it. I was there years ago when they were making the animal kingdom park at Disney world, pretty crazy non the less though.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Do'h! Thanks for the additional clarification D.E.M. Ah well...

Still a very cool "tree" ( assuming you can adequately describe fiberglass as a tree!).

OK OP, one question. Were you mislead by another site somewhere or did you deliberately misstate the origins and location of this item?

Annoyed minds want to know....

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I hope you didnt expect people to really believe that this is a real tree did you?
Welcome to Orlando FL. Take me to Diny lan Diny lan

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathTribble

Given as there is no source link, the usual "mystical" origin details (India, nobody knows origin, etc) and the fact that it took me less than 3 minutes to find this on Wikipedia, I'm going to say the OP was silly enough that they thought to take us for a little ride.

The sad thing is they got 8 flags & stars for their effort. If only my repeated call for a down-flag button was finally answered...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
ahahaha i live in canada and even i've been to disney world. cool looking. but still, OP stop trippin

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This is ridiculous lol.

It is nice, remember seeing it quite a few years ago at Disney. Is the OP really that gullible?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Atleast he was honest about something, 'You won't believe this!'.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It's F'ing Disneyland people!!!

Unbelievable!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gouzze
I hope you didnt expect people to really believe that this is a real tree did you?
Welcome to Orlando FL. Take me to Diny lan Diny lan

Ah....no I did not believe that!

D.E.M. made the point I was going to. For awhile I was just having an enormous "WTF?" moment wondering why it took even four posts. Oh, well. If I couldn't be the first to make the point, at least I can state emphatically that I'm not so gullible, for whatever greater good that may serve! That and there's an excuse just to make one more post.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

YOU ARE SO WRONG!

The alien encounter is in the Magic Kingdom - over by space mountain. And they changed it to a Stich thing instead of the cool scary alien it started off as.

I also facepalmed when I saw the pics in the OP though...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join