It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biotechnology Company Provided Advance Warning of Mexican H1N1 "Swine Flu" Virus Outbreak

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Originally posted by Power_Semi

The problem is that most of you are non thinking Human beings.

You're all so wrapped up in the excitement that "this might be the big one" that you can't see that you're getting swept up in the hype.

The sad thing is that most of you read like you're secretly enjoying this, like it'll be a big adventure if people start dropping like flies.

its usually easier to get your point across without subtle insults like calling people non thinking human beings.

why do you assume people are hoping this will be the big one? maybe people have friends, family , and children that they care about and they want to be on top of something that could potentially affect their lives.

you call it hype. well go to mexico city and tell those people they are getting worked up over nothing.

for being above most of the people on this website as you might think you are , you have a poor way of communicating with people you dont agree with.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DDay

The age ranges of those infected is one factor. I'm one of my prior posts in the www.abovetopsecret.com... thread I have posted who/cdc links that state those at highest risk are between the ages of 20-35. Those with the healthiest immune systems are at the greatest risk due to an over reaction of the immune system in response to the infection... (sorry being lazy today and not grabbing out the citations myself for you)

Another possible factor is that MX seems to have a mortality rate around 6-8% of those confirmed cases, if that holds true for the US(same strain of h1n1 in both mx and us, again web citations found in my postings in the thread linked in this post) then the 20 confirmed cases in the US(www.cdc.gov...) we can expect to start seeing fatalities by early/mid next week here in the states... Now... Just because there are fatalities in the US does not mean the world is coming to an end... The strain in MX IS TREATABLE with common influenzia medications(not OTC medications but anti-virals that effect the viral lifecycle)

Can this get bad, Yes... Will it? Probably to a degree thats enough to scare everyone(look at where we are at now). I fall within the 20-35yo age range and I am taking minor precautions(ie. not going out to large concerts for a few weeks, using alcohol based hand sanitizer when in public, coughing into my elbow or shoulder) but I still will be going to my classes, hanging out with friends, and all that other stuff we all enjoy doing...

Is it time to panic? Hell no... Is it time to take some minor precautionary steps? Why not? Could it do more harm or possibly help in a small way? Thats up for you the individual to decide... If your in a large population center I would take a few more precautions than if you lived in the sticks... If there are confirmed cases within a few hundred miles of you, definatly take a few extra precautions because whom is it going to hurt if nothing pans out from all of this, except make you look like a slightly paranoid fool... Then again it could save your life if its a repeat of 1918... We won't know for a few more days/week the true potential of this variant.

At least there is something interesting on the news wires now, rather than Obama's first 100 days report card and the same ole hum drum....

~ LeAto

WHO 25Apr09 Press Brief
terrance.who.int...

*edited with addition of WHO 25Apr09 Swine Flu Press Brief *

[edit on 26-4-2009 by LeAto]

[edit on 26-4-2009 by LeAto]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Meh Trolls

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LeAto

Originally posted by LeAto

Meh Trolls

i second that notion and pity him for his obvious delusions of grandeur.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
A Dr emailing the bbc (see here) says 3 to 4 have been dying DAILY in his hospital for about 3 weeks. That's just one hospital - Mexico has over 2, 300 hospitals according to this article
I reckon the death toll is likely to be seriously above what's being reported.

[edit on 26/4/09 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
My creds: (which I cannot even believe that I am posting on here) Micro major/ chem minor/ gen sci minor/ molecular biology focus. Work at battelle memorial inst. focus on biodefense research.

I am not fear mongering, no waiving flags here... people in the US are far under informed about a lot of biological threats, weaponry related or non. This is the first time 75% of the US has heard of a pandemic, let alone know what to do to prepare. And thats what everyone should be doing right now, planning, preparing and taking precautionary measures, just. in. case.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4th-Density
THE ONLY DEFENSES TO THIS VIRUS ARE THE FOLLOWING

#1 - COLLOIDAL SILVER

#2 - MMS Miracle Mineral (chlorine dioxide)

Chlorine Dioxide gas molecule is able to tear apart the walls of viruses without doing collateral damage to normal living cells.

Projec Camelot | Jim Humble
MiracleMineral.org
JimHumble.biz

There are much info on MMS out there. Just as the Colloidal Silver it also kills all known pathogens, without harming the body. It's cheap to purchase and easy to use. Watch the interview with Jim Humble on Project Camelot (link above), and you will get a basic idea about it's history, use and effect.

Swine Flue goodbye.......

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I do agree that this is naturally occuring...(excuse the repeat of what you already know, just explaining for others) How two strains from different parts of the world have mixed well, we do live in a global society... Mexican Pig Farmer A goes to eastern asia on a business trip and contracts the asian variant of h1n1 from an Asian Pig Farmer A... Returns home and contracts the mexican variant of h1n1. An antigenic shift occurs combining segments from both the Asian Variant and the Mexican Variant and *POOF* a new variant of the h1n1 that we see today...
*Disclaimer* I am not saying that is how this has happened but it is a real world possibility *Disclaimer*

Though I do not have the extensive bio-med credentials as retroviralsounds I do have relativally extensive (normal 91W training combined with volunteer based military training and disaster response training) military training in biological response and containment procedures along with methodologies of treatment and supportive care in the case of such an event.

*Bump*

Originally posted by retroviralsounds
planning, preparing and taking precautionary measures, just. in. case.

*Bump*

~ LeAto

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Originally posted by irishchic
reply to post by retroviralsounds

Again I thank you and others whose calm voices of reason are truly helping some of us with our own decisions and choices.

It's damn hard being a thinking human these days!

[edit on 26-4-2009 by irishchic]

The problem is that most of you are non thinking Human beings.

You're all so wrapped up in the excitement that "this might be the big one" that you can't see that you're getting swept up in the hype.

The sad thing is that most of you read like you're secretly enjoying this, like it'll be a big adventure if people start dropping like flies.

non-thinking human beings?, i have been quietly reading this site, as well as others most of this morning.
on the contrary, i believe MOST of the U.S. population are taking a cautionary, but not to the point of panic view of this.
the info i have seen and heard has been vague on details, but very paranoid in general.
sometimes quiet preparation is all that is required.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
There's a journalist on twitter making tweets live from the CDC briefing as I write.

I asked him if there's been any confirmed cases of people who have NOT been to Mexico getting it from someone who has been as he said YES

His latest tweet said that the thinking is there haven't been any fatalities "here" wherever here is...(USA I guess) because at the moment the numbers of those infected are low

read his twitter updates here

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
"The CDC says it fears there will be more swine flu cases in the US and says fatalities in the US are to be expected."

From Twitter...it sort of overstates the obvious,right? They are usually fatalities from most flu-outbreaks though so it's not saying anything "new."

At least because "they" say it it will be less of a shock to those those still probably don't take it all so seriously.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I tend to be very untrusting of government and am so sure they know more than they are saying. After reading the emails from Mexico posted in one of the previous posts, it is obvious this is bigger than reported.

For the US to have a press conference on a Sunday afternoon with DHS Secretary speaking is no joke! For a virus that has only 20 confirmed cases and not one death in the US, this would seem overkill. There is more going on here than meets the eye!

It would seem that preventing panic is more important than telling the truth of the situation. Typical government response. I am very worried about this as my daughter works with the public, I live in the city and the borders are a joke. I can only imagine how many people are fleeing Mexico right now hopping the weak portions of the Southern border. Very scary stuff indeed.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
CDC says there are no screenings at US airports because of swine flu
9 minutes ago from TweetDeck

twitter updates

It seems reckless not to be doing screenings !

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
I tend to be very untrusting of government and am so sure they know more than they are saying. After reading the emails from Mexico posted in one of the previous posts, it is obvious this is bigger than reported.

For the US to have a press conference on a Sunday afternoon with DHS Secretary speaking is no joke! For a virus that has only 20 confirmed cases and not one death in the US, this would seem overkill. There is more going on here than meets the eye!

It would seem that preventing panic is more important than telling the truth of the situation. Typical government response. I am very worried about this as my daughter works with the public, I live in the city and the borders are a joke. I can only imagine how many people are fleeing Mexico right now hopping the weak portions of the Southern border. Very scary stuff indeed.

it's unpleasant but no reason to panic because it won't help anyone. i'm sure they had press conferences about the original bird flu, the SARS and other such potentially serious situations.

"Typical government response" what else do you want them to do? if they were completely silent about it then every conspiracy fanatic would say "aha the govt wants to exterminate us". now that they are talking and taking it seriously at the highest level it's not enough either. some people can never be satisfied

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
New York Governor Paterson will hold an unscheduled news conference on swine flu at 5.30 p.m. EDT

From Twitter...guessing he'll reassure everything they have enough Tamiflu which by all accounts isn't going to help much.

At least he's not out golfing?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Originally posted by irishchic
New York Governor Paterson will hold an unscheduled news conference on swine flu at 5.30 p.m. EDT

i wonder if they are going to cancell any functions throughout the city tomorrow. this is going to start a panic across the country if too many more cases are announced.

they are already saying parents are scared to send their kids to school tomorrow in san diego.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
www.odh.ohio.gov...

The director has confirmed a case in a 9yo boy in NE Ohio(Lorain County/Cleveland area) Memo is available for download in the directors desk section.

~ LeAto

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by retroviralsounds
My creds: (which I cannot even believe that I am posting on here) Micro major/ chem minor/ gen sci minor/ molecular biology focus. Work at battelle memorial inst. focus on biodefense research.

I am not fear mongering, no waiving flags here... people in the US are far under informed about a lot of biological threats, weaponry related or non. This is the first time 75% of the US has heard of a pandemic, let alone know what to do to prepare. And thats what everyone should be doing right now, planning, preparing and taking precautionary measures, just. in. case.

No one with real credentials lists their college major, let alone minor.

This poster is some 16 year old kid who is simply enjoying the attention.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Aesun]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aesun

meh trolls

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join