It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biotechnology Company Provided Advance Warning of Mexican H1N1 "Swine Flu" Virus Outbreak

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LeAto

I must disagree. When a shift occurs, two or more strains have combined. When a drift occurs, no strains have combined.

I don't have time to get a reference now, I have other things to do. I will post one later.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

bump to the wiki sources
en.wikipedia.org...
Do not trust them, they tend to be incomplete... In the very first lines it states "Antigenic shift is the process by which at least two different strains of a virus, (or different viruses)" That is only part of what an antigenic shift is... A single strain can under go a shift without interacting with any other strains... Though in the case of whats going on outside of our doors it is a shift between two strains of h1n1.. Partial truths lead to much confusion...

~ LeAto

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Just taken this from BBC news site:

A male British Airways cabin crew member is undergoing precautionary tests in a London hospital after falling ill with "flu-like" symptoms on a flight from Mexico City.

Full story here:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 18731542

if this gets over seas the game has changed.
i wonder if anyone else on the flight has been feeling ill.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
www.cdc.gov...

short but interesting... 12 cases of swine flu reported from '05 - Feb09...

reply to post by elitegamer23

Bump to that, though its looking grim... Just need to wait another week before we really start to know the severity of this event... Pray it stays epidemic not doesn't turn pandemic...

~ LeAto

*edited for reply*

[edit on 25-4-2009 by LeAto]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by 18731542

if this gets over seas the game has changed.

Oh really? I thought the NWO goal was complete control. By only having the US and mexico infected, they may only eventually declare martial law and control those countries.

But if it were to go over seas, then they would eventually have control of EVERYTHING. Which is the goal of the NWO.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Reports tonight on news indicate that 8 students at prep school in Queens
NYC have come down with flu symptoms....

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Will this be the final killer of humanity spreading everywhere?.. Or is this just another hyped news on the mainstream?... I'm very scared that this could spread like a wildfire all over the world.

How could anyone know about this in advance, was it engineered?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I believe this is a bio-weapon and I wonder if TPTB decided on a swine flu because that is what they think of us. As swine.

Cases of this are cropping up everywhere now, I can't begin to imagine what the full term of this will be.

What I am more suspicious of is that this is a precursor event to follow a potential chain of population reducing bioweapons.

I think we are in WW III, and that there are stages of it... economical warfare is being rages, biological warfare and finally full confrontation nuclear warfare to ensue.

Such a pessimist, I know.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
oh yeah, LeAto. I think it might be technically pandemic, it went overseas already.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aesun
However, I am greatly looking forward to saying "I told you so," when the swine flu turns out to be just another blip on the radar.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

That being said, I really hope you're able to say "I told you so".

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Bump to the reputable source citation. Though we will bicker back and forth about the meaning its how it goes... Yes a shift is a combining of strains.... But... An antigenic shift can also be a rearrangement within a single strain without being exposed to another strain(be it similar or not, citation provided in previous posts)...
*stops trolling this point*

We've gotten off point here and my questions have been answered a few posts ago...

~ LeAto

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Let me point out two things and then I will shut up, too.

1) A shift requires replacement. A replacement comes from another strain.

2) A drift requires a mutation. A mutation happens to a single strain.

edit to add:
I would call a rearrangement within a single strain a mutation and from that I would call it a drift.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BRQuick

Originally posted by BRQuick

Originally posted by Aesun
However, I am greatly looking forward to saying "I told you so," when the swine flu turns out to be just another blip on the radar.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

That being said, I really hope you're able to say "I told you so".

exactly that is how we all feel im pretty sure. we are not bored we are inquisitive.

Originally posted by coolterm
Will this be the final killer of humanity spreading everywhere?.. Or is this just another hyped news on the mainstream?... I'm very scared that this could spread like a wildfire all over the world.

even if this isnt a killer pandemic it just goes to show you how fast something like this could spread. mankind really would have no hope of stopping it from spreading in this day and age.

Originally posted by coolterm

How could anyone know about this in advance, was it engineered?

www.replikins.com...

Replikins, Ltd. develops and markets novel forecasting tools and synthetic vaccines to fight virulent rapidly replicating diseases including bird flu, malaria, and HIV. The company's predictive products and vaccines in development are based upon the company's discovery of Replikins, a new group of peptides related to the rapid replication function in viral and other diseases. The company has designed unique products to predict the emergence of virulent strains of particular diseases (FluForecast™) and is designing synthetic vaccines specifically tailored to combat a given strain and against shared properties of several strains (Syntope™ vaccines). The company is partnering with governments and the private sector in providing predictive tools and vaccines in furtherance of the public health initiative to prevent and combat epidemics

www.news-medical.net...

The FluForecast software program, developed by Replikins Ltd. to give advanced warning of influenza outbreaks, measures quantitatively the concentration of a new class of virus peptides, called Replikins, shown to be related to rapid replication and epidemics

[edit on 25-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Pandemic ~
A widespread epidemic affecting a large part of the population
(New Heritage Dictionary 2007)

The question is what represents a large portion of the population to those whom can officially decree it a pandemic(cdc/who/health ministries) 2% 10% even higher?

~ LeAto

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Norwegian health governments has declared that the Tamiflu and Relenza infuenza medizines are working on the Swine Flu, and that they have enough supplies to cope with the outbreak, so don't worry.......

Newslink Dagbladet (norwegian)

How do they know it's effective against this strain of Swine Flu????????

They allways have a solution before the problem is introduced...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeAto
reply to post by mikerussellus

An antigenic shift is a reassortment or exchange of genomic segments... Hence the word going around that its a combination of two seperate a-h1n1 strains from different continents... While an Antigenic Drift are changes in hemagglutinn and neuraminidase proteins... Changing H1N1 possibly to H2N1 or the similar... I am unsure if that is actually how a drift is correlated to a representation... Does it change the H and N marker identifications... Through the replikin research talks about shifts within peptide and protein structures so would it be catagorized as a drift or shift? I do not know... Anyone that can cite with reference beyond wiki or twitter?

reply to post by retroviralsounds

No I am refering to antigenic drift/shift and not a genetic drift/shift... Very similar concepts though... Antigenic's refers to changes within RNA bases while genetic(in this context) refers to DNA. Though you are very much correct it is H1N1... Think of it this way... You have a Novel it goes its individual story's name, and that novel is part of a larger series of books(harry potter? the h1n1 series) variations on the same theme.. Maybe a bad analogy probably but I think your all intelligent to understand the basic concept...

~ LeAto

*Edited for Second Reply Comment*

Trust me you do not have to explain it to me, I had 5 years of college of people teaching it to me. I didn't really think about your question that way, as a molecular biologist and not much of an immunologist, so I took it in a genetics context, that is all. Anyway, I understood you to a point and the end results are the same. Its definitely a shift. Drift is small mutations over time. Thus there would be a gradual build up of infections, instead of with a shift where you just have a blow up of infections.

The reason why there is so much being made of this, because it really is the perfect storm. Pandemics usually start in overcrowded, under developed areas.

I wish you all would stop with the bio-warefare jumbo. I can nearly guarantee you its not a bio-threat event.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I wish you all would stop with the bio-warefare jumbo. I can nearly guarantee you its not a bio-threat event.

Well what is it then? If it aint a Bio-Threat what could it be? How do you think it mite have came about?

Its in New Zealand now!

Tsom87

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by retroviralsounds

here is ome interesting stuff.

Czech newspapers are questioning if the shocking discovery of vaccines contaminated with the deadly avian flu virus which were distributed to 18 countries by the American company Baxter were part of a conspiracy to provoke a pandemic.

The claim holds weight because, according to the very laboratory protocols that are routine for vaccine makers, mixing a live virus biological weapon with vaccine material by accident is virtually impossible.

“The company that released contaminated flu virus material from a plant in Austria confirmed Friday that the experimental product contained live H5N1 avian flu viruses,” reports the Canadian Press.

Baxter flu vaccines contaminated with H5N1 - otherwise known as the human form of avian flu, one of the most deadly biological weapons on earth with a 60% kill rate - were received by labs in the Czech Republic, Germany, and Slovenia.

Initially, Baxter attempted to stonewall questions by invoking “trade secrets” and refused to reveal how the vaccines were contaminated with H5N1. After increased pressure they then claimed that pure H5N1 batches were sent by accident. This was seemingly an attempt to quickly change the story and hide the fact that the accidental contamination of a vaccine with a deadly biological agent like avian flu is virtually impossible and the only way it could have happened was by wilful gross criminal negligence.

www.prisonplanet.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join