It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biotechnology Company Provided Advance Warning of Mexican H1N1 "Swine Flu" Virus Outbreak

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

IF this was engineered, the question you have to ask yourself is who stands to gain the most?

The easy answer is the American Government who has been rather keen on taking away our freedom lately.

Why Mexico? What better way to make it look like it did not come from the US, but it is still guaranteed to get to the US.

That being said.... this shall be interesting. While I have the microbiologist posts that it is highly unlikely to man made and I am inclined to believe him, I find there are far to many 'coincidences' with this emerging situation given the current situation.

It is awful convenient for an accelerated and outright public movement for global police state by the NWO.

Man-made or not, an interesting disaster to throw into the mix amongst the War on Drugs, War on Terror, Global Warming, Economic Meltdown, Nuclear Proliferation, and now a global disease pandemic.

This is becoming a fascist's police state wet dream...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK

Some of the posts on ATS I think are from lunatics and are entertaining; some are from political partisan idiots regurgitating worthless political spin. But this swine flu outbreak is indeed scary and it's going to get worse. We need to know everything we can about this strain. I think this genuinely has the potential to be a world wide catastrophe by next winter, and I'm one who normally scoffs at such ideas. Not this time.

Good way of summarizing what you read in these environs. Very close to my assessment.

I've been through the SARS scare here in Canada, and many thought it was going to go out of control. Without more information it's hard to gauge the full extent of this one.

I expect poorer countries and regions with warmer temperatures and lower standards of hygiene will be hit hardest. But I'm only speculating.

Mike

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
Normal flu takes three days to show symptoms and you are contagious after a day exposure. So this one they are saying you can get sick after 24 hours of being exposed? Sounds like you are contagious rite away. Very scary.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by amatrine]

No, a scary virus is the one where you get sick but show no signs of being infected for several days, that way it can spread more. If we are lucky this virus is stupid and either kills it host or make the host very ill quickly after infection, say24-48hrs. That way the virus can be contained.

(If i understand your post correct that is). Regards.

[edit on 2009/4/27 by reugen]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't necessary discredit this strain as something thats not scary. The incubation period can still last up to 7 days before the onset of symptoms.

All it really takes is on day as a carrier to infect hundreds of people close to you, that is the scare here.

Couple that figure in with todays modern transportation (much faster, thus the virus spreads faster) and modern city centers and we have ourselves the highest probablity of another plauge ever.

If this turns into a full blown pandemic... mark my words, it will be worse than the 1918 outbreak. That's why there is so much fear in regards to this strain.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Scary stuff. I've been thinking a lot about how all these drug companies stand to make a lot of money out of this. Something sure doesn't smell right. I wouldn't put it above some humans to be involved in some sort of evil money-power conspiracy. There are too many coincidences everywhere. It's not just one or two, their all over the place! GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), Europe's big drug titan has been losing profits recently (a lot of competition making generics) and just last week bought U.S family-owned company, Stiefel Labs, thereby acquiring the corporations debts (but whats a few million, when we talk in billions these days). No problem for GSK, though, they happen to be one of the only producers of zanimivir, a neuraminidase inhibitor used to treat the influenza virus types A & B. It is marketed and sold under the name Relenza, which I'm sure is a name, along with Tamiflu, that everyone is now well acquainted with. Since news of this supposed pandemic, shares for GSK have been selling like hotcakes! Its a sick, sick world we live in. My wife and I are actually down with something right now (hopefully, not serious), and spent the weekend holed up at home, just trying to ignore all this hoopla and stay positive. It's a hard thing to do these days. We've been watching plenty of movies and listening to a lot of music. We'll everyone stay safe.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
what's the big biotech firm that viralsounds works for? I don't want to sound paranoid but all those posts seem a little like scare tactics to me. I was scared that's for sure. Not really. I believe this swine flu crisis is just another distraction to keep us occupied while the new world order sneaks its way into our lives. 20 million people in mexico and so far 170 dead. Woah, don't bees kill more people than that? When this world crisis goes away a new one will come to take its place. you just wait. I live in Australia and apparently our government has stock piles of the antidote (hamiflu??), that's convenient, I wonder what's in that drug? Mecury? fluoride?
Turn the TV off, wake up, remember who you are, claim your freedom back and say no to the NWO. We have the power, we just choose to ignore it and go back to sleep.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
An ATS virologist has weighed in and pretty much demonstrated this virus is not man-made. A difficult thing to bio-engineer for starters. And they wouldn't need to. Nature is a great designer of killer viruses. If they wanted to off people it would be easier to introduce a bad one into the system in food, water, etc.

The Mexico numbers are certain to be much higher. A poor country with a small percentage of the population having access to proper medical facilities and diagnosis. Many will have died in villages and the cause of death will be attributed to pneumonia or something.

So far no real indication this is going to become widespread like the pandemic in 1918-19. But who knows.

Mike

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
::Cough:: COUGH...man, sorry to everyone that might be in here...I haven't been feeling to well since I had those tacos in Mexico

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I work for battelle, and no, we do not have ANYTHING to do with the vaccines for this, nor anything to do with antiviral drugs that may be used here. We do higher level research than that.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Everytime I try to keep rational and quell the thoughts that this was man-made, another detail starts churning in my thoughts. Why are only Mexicans dieing? Does anyone have a single report of a non-Mexican dieing from this? One died in Texs, so maybe it is not healthcare.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Obama said the federal government is "prepared to do whatever is necessary to control the impact of this virus." He noted his request for $1.5 billion in emergency funding to ensure adequate supplies of vaccines.
Source: Swine Flu Spreads in 10 US states...

Hmmm does profits for the company/ies getting a chunck of $1.5 billion sound like a good reason to hype the flu or to 'release' the flu?

Do you think the FEMA camps are part of the final solution to "control the impact of this virus"?

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.....

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
Everytime I try to keep rational and quell the thoughts that this was man-made, another detail starts churning in my thoughts. Why are only Mexicans dieing? Does anyone have a single report of a non-Mexican dieing from this? One died in Texs, so maybe it is not healthcare.

My first guess would be, really poor healthcare, like most developing countries its citizens face an underdimensioned infrastructure uncapable of handling events like this. My second thought was eugenics, since all races on earth differ somewhat and since we now have mapped the whole human genome they somehow managed to design a virus that attacks a specific race.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I live in Michigan and two cases were just confirmed where I live.

I try to not to give in to the whole "were all going to die" scenerio.

But its still a very scary thing.

Especially when everyone I live with is acting like its no big deal.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined

Especially when everyone I live with is acting like its no big deal.

95% of people i know think this is nothing. some people are still like what is 'swine flu'?

all you can do is wash your hands regularly and the WHO just said things like hugging your friends needs to stop.

assume everyone has this if you want to try and stay away from getting it.

best of luck to you all!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So much to answer.

The most "succesful" virus is chicken pox as it multiplies, very conrtagous but does not kill its host.

I am interested about this virus being an RNA virus. These (like HIV) tend to change far more quickly but are usually pretty weak outside the body i.e. they are destroyed more quickly.

Although we cabnnot take these cases lightly, I am reminded of my wise adaughters words running up to the news coverage - "It's been a few days without any news worthy stuff" (in the UK at least).

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by retroviralsounds

I'm reading what you wrote (your first post in this thread) and I'm confused when you say it was discovered in remote areas and not in places like L.A and NY. It has been in NY and L.A. for at least a week or so. NY has the most infected people in the US.

You said:

"Your saying to yourself, its 7 cases in texas and mexico... I live in NY, its never going to spread this far that fast. WRONG. So very wrong. With today's modern transportation, coupled with incubation times of the swine flu. It already probably is in NY, and LA, and europe."

Also, the virus is widely thought to have originated from Mexico City, Mexico. That's not a remote place.

So far everyone in the US has recovered, most didn't even have to go to the hospital. A 2 year old kid did die in Texas monday, but he was from Mexico and he had a medical precondition.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Electro38]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

yawn....your crying wolf man but hey you were almost spot on...it is going to be hyped for a while and be O SO SLOWLY spreading **THROUGHOUT THE SUMMER*** (which makes us see this virus is not a big deal) THEN WINTER COMES --- then mandatory vaccinations will start with not many people sick that you know of and after vaccinations THE DEATH STARTS ON A MASSIVE SCALE. DO NOT TAKE VACCINE ... VACCINE = DEATH

[edit on 1-5-2009 by daersoulkeeper]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by daersoulkeeper

Originally posted by daersoulkeeper

yawn....your crying wolf man

how can you say this?

Originally posted by daersoulkeeper
THEN WINTER COMES --- then mandatory vaccinations will start with not many people sick that you know of and after vaccinations THE DEATH STARTS ON A MASSIVE SCALE. DO NOT TAKE VACCINE ... VACCINE = DEATH

[edit on 1-5-2009 by daersoulkeeper]

then say this?

maybe its just me but i found that humorous.

do you have any proof to back up your cry of wolf?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Listen guys. This is the big one. As a micro/ molecular biologist for one of the largest biotech firms in the world, I feel pretty confident in sending a warning to anyone who will listen.
. . .
Remember or ever heard of the Spanish flu that killed nearly half a million americans in 1918? It was the last large epidemic of the swine flu.

That statement already casts doubt on the veracity of your claimed qualifications. It has been known for years that the 1918 virus was avian influenza, not swine flu.
researchers show that an avian strain caused the 1918 pandemic;

Swine flu is far WORSE than bird flu as it can be passed person to person by the respiratory pathway.

When avian influenza combines with human influenza type A, as happened in 1918, it can be easily transmitted through air.
The ability of the 1918 pandemic virus to transmit through the air by means of respiratory droplets is of particular interest, because efficient transmission by means of this route is a critical property of pandemic influenza strains.

I have heard through the grapevine that this mutated strain will be falling into the Flu B category for the first time in the Swine Flu history. What does this mean for you and I, were all #ed. Thats exactly what it means.

No, this is another type A virus. - As you would know if you had the sort of knowledge you are claiming.
Swine Influenza A (H1N1) Infection in Two Children --- Southern California, March--April 2009

Thus your unscientific insistence that "were all #ed" (sic), is laughable.

You have shown that you have no idea what you are talking about.
Therefore, I can only assume you are trying to frighten people for your own amusement.

Millions of us are about to die. Millions.
. . .
This is it. This will be the great crash. Famine, War, Plauge, Anarchy, Chaos. This is really it.

Are you enjoying yourself yet?

I am a microbiology/ molecular biologist, my job, day in and day out for the majority of 6 years has been to study virus genomes and quasispecies. Especially ones that are relevant to global health concerns and bio-threat agents.

You don't know that the "Spanish Flu" was a bird flu, you don't know that some bird flus can be caught by breathing the droplets in, and you don't know that the latest virus is a type A.

I doubt you're qualified to empty the garbage at a biotech firm.

Normally I let outlandish claims pass. But when a poster works this hard to spread false alarm the truth needs to be told.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by retroviralsounds
Trust me on this people, it is almost certainly, without a doubt, not a bio-threat event. At all. We have an agency for this, NBFAC, and since they haven't come forward and pinned it as a bio-threat event (which they would immediately, because its more funding and project work for them if it is) then it most likely is not.

RNA alone, not even RNA viruses, is so difficult to manipulate, and what you guys are talking about doing with this RNA is ASTRONOMICAL relative to the field. Very, very few places are capable of performing such manipulations, and I have to say they are all USA located. I highly doubt, even if we did manipulate it, we would plan a release for Mexico, our neighboring country.

An engineering project such as this, would take years and an unbelievable amount of serial passages through cell cultures, animals etc. We surely would have found out about something like that now, or at least I would know about it given my position, and I can tell you 100% we have no flu manipulation programs. Just one pandemic preparedness program, because we are so far over due for a wide spread biological event. Thats it people, stop trying to point fingers and place blame, the biological terrorist here is mother earth.

You are perhaps not aware of just how quickly, after digging up and retrieving tissue from the frozen corpses of people who died of it, and sequencing the virus, the 1918 Spanish flu was reverse engineered and tested on animals.

Not only that, but it has been played around with and and made even more deadly.

Manipulating RNA viruses is child's play now - to a qualified virologist with a good lab.

This article itself also explains about RNA virus replicons, and host factors of RNA viri. Furthermore, it describes historical backgrounds of RNA virus engineering, and discusses progress from RNA virus engineering to basic and applied sciences.

We describe a new reverse-genetics system that allows one to efficiently generate influenza A viruses entirely from cloned cDNAs.

The reconstruction of the 1918 virus by the synthesis of all eight subunits and the generation of infectious virus are described on p. 77 of this issue,* and the sequences of the final three gene segments of the virus are described in a concurrent Nature paper

engineered viruses were made more potent by the addition of a single gene. The work is evidence that a slight genetic tweak is all that is required to transform mild strains of the flu virus into forms far more pathogenic and, possibly, more transmissible.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join