It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

secret door in the side of a mountain, we peeked inside

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
its not very secret if its accessible from a public road and people with zero knowledge of the area can spot it @ 1am

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
My Friend had a similar experience and he got run over by the Batmobile So be Careful prowling around out there if you look up and see a bat shaped light in the sky get outta there.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
its not very secret if its accessible from a public road and people with zero knowledge of the area can spot it @ 1am

That what I'm saying

There have been so many people running around the area for years there is NO WAY ITS "SECRET".

Geez you were able to drive to it and the local told you how to get to,it

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
So let me get this straight, you find a secret door carved into a mountain with all kinds of crazy stuff inside and a mediocre ATS thread with some horrible footage is all you have?

I'm gonna have to call on NO MORE field investigations from anyone period....UNLESS I'M THERE!! No one on this site can hold a camera, take notes, or ignore fear and the law to get results.....I CAN.

Your an idiot period.

so am i supposed to have a super secret miniture spy camera as well as a robotic fly to fly into the hole and take pictures for you... oh also a miniture robotic flashlight to go into the hole to light up the place. I really cant stand ignorant people, especially ones that make comments before reading. We went there at 1am, all i had was a head light. Sorry i'm not hear for your entertainment nor am I paid to take flawless pictures for you. I am only able to use what i have on hand at that time and to share the events here on ATS. Your comments are laughable

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I'm going to call this B/S. Based on the above quote, no one else saw this but in the open thread it was a red flag with a white star, now it's a red star.

Which one is it?

sorry a red flag with a WHITE star. Again *sorry for the confusion. Sometimes I think ahead of myself.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
OP, would you mind posting the exact coordinates publicly for us? Just so we can get something of a second opinion on this topic.
I am QUITE sure that some of our other members would not mind checking out the site for themselves.

coordinates are "roughly"

38.605205,-109.572895

google maps

[edit on 20-9-2008 by hiii_98]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

If this is anywhere within 100 miles of the so called abandoned "Green River Missile Range" you would be wise to steer clear. Very Clear of this area. Although I do not believe the place you have discovered holds any imediate danger to you,, that area"G.R.M.R.", I've been informed is ridden with underground structure that would be considered to be senitive at best.
This could all be speculative, but why chance it? If you are still curious I suggest join the AirForce, keep your nose clean and work toward a job in area's of Space Command, Security or Skunk Works Liason. These jobs may eventualy answer some of your questions.

yes and once i've finished discussing this topic i will move onto the green river complex which i also spent quite some time at. Moab is roughly 50 miles from the complex. There are ALOT of underground tunnels around thompson springs and green river. Some of the active places around thompson do hold immediate danger to me, while others like Moab and green river are relatively abandoned. But I will move onto my Green River Complex discussion next week. Also why would i join the air force to learn all the secrets? NSA, CIA, and especially Naval Intelligence and Space Command is where its at regarding ET, airforce guys are clueless.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dar Kuma
So there is a hole the size of a half dollar in the door, A door that is probably an inch thick made of steel and you were able to poke a flashlight through the hole and record footage with a camera ?

I call BS....

another genius post... omg who said i poked a camera into the hole? That would have been impossible, and i never stated that. The video is simply of the outside of the door taken late at night. I've also stated the door had several plates of steel. Please read the forum before posting.

You know guys nice tries to discredit me, anyone on here who has seen my posts in the past knows I strive for reporting the truth and chasing the unknown wherever that may lead. I'm also not afraid to take a risk or bend the rules to sedate my curiosity, but regardlessly I strive to be honest and unbiased in my reporting.

Furthermore I left the coordinates to the location so ANYONE on here is more than welcome to verify my story. This is not just some odd-ball story, but an actual physical site, open to the public, that anyone with enough fortitude as myself can get off their computer and drive/fly out to visit at anytime.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Here's a suggestion on getting some images of the interior: Get a lantern battery, a length of 2-conductor wire and a flashlight bulb. Solder or securely connect the wires to the bulb so you can fish it into the hole and drop it inside. Connect it to the battery. Now the interior is lit and you haven't blocked the hole. You can now put your camera against the hole and take pictures.

excellent suggestion!! Sadly I live in Wisconsin and usually investigate the Northern part of Utah. I "may" be returning within a few weeks with a film crew if I can work something out with Joshua Warren, but I doubt we will head to Moab.

I really hopes someone takes a day off and checks this site out, the prior suggestion would definatly help illuminate the interior while providing enough space to put the camera on the hole. I would be very excited to see or hear back from anyone whom went.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The Utah/Nevada area has many "dug into a mountain" facilities, all mil or USG.....

The coordinates (use GE or Google maps with satellite) below shows what appears to be a dummy Russian airfield.....BUT, upon closer examination, we find a maintained runway AND a massive opening into a mountain....

40°25'48.11"N 113°17'25.64"W

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
WOW nice find! Right in the middle of Wendover Range. Very cool thanks for the coordinates.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
another genius post... omg who said i poked a camera into the hole? That would have been impossible, and i never stated that. The video is simply of the outside of the door taken late at night. I've also stated the door had several plates of steel. Please read the forum before posting.

Oh right, Sorry, you shuold've been a bit more clear of what you did in your original post, You didn't say you took footage externally.

It makes sense now....

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
So let me get this straight, you find a secret door carved into a mountain with all kinds of crazy stuff inside and a mediocre ATS thread with some horrible footage is all you have?

I'm gonna have to call on NO MORE field investigations from anyone period....UNLESS I'M THERE!! No one on this site can hold a camera, take notes, or ignore fear and the law to get results.....I CAN.

Your an idiot period.

so am i supposed to have a super secret miniture spy camera as well as a robotic fly to fly into the hole and take pictures for you... Your comments are laughable

Chill, dude. Maybe I'm getting all Canadian here, but I'm gonna suggest that our pal LiquidSmoke was just expressing a serious amount of enthusiasm for your discovery, but maybe it came across the wrong way. I'm thinkin' that he, at least, buys your story and wants to investigate further, which is a damn site better than those armchair explorers that choose to call shenanigans on your thread without leaving their keyboards. This bears following up, and if LiquidSmoke can do it...cut him loose and have him report back.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dar Kuma
So there is a hole the size of a half dollar in the door, A door that is probably an inch thick made of steel and you were able to poke a flashlight through the hole and record footage with a camera ?

I call BS....

Surefire makes some real small flashlights these days, I say as before lets have him or anybody else in that area get more footage to verify his claim.. I was kinda hoping it was a back way in Cheyanne Mountain but Im really reaching now arent I?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I happen to have a cabin 5 miles from here so ventured to the coordinates and it's definitely there. I took a portable arc welder with me and did a number on the doors. I saw no signs of any kind and frankly this is my backyard and I want to know what the Hell is in there and if it is a danger to my family. Once in the room it was as described by the OP. I proceeded around a corner then 50ft down a narrow corridor. At this point was using gen4 night vision goggles. There was a horrible stench in the air, I'd have to say a cross between burnt popcorn and burn flesh (yes, x-firefighter.. don't ask). I could see clearly with the goggles and I swear to the Lord God 3 creatures shot past me which resembled the Chupacabra. It happened in a flash so will not speculate on that further. I got the fright of my life but from what I could see they were the frightened ones. I pressed on and reached a dead end, another steel door this one much more robust. I backtracked to the main entrance to 1) regroup and collect my thoughts, 2) phone my buddy Jim for some help. Jim arrived 30mins later and although hesitant I convinced him to follow me in. We got to the dead end, no sign of the creatures I saw earlier (of course I did not tell Jim about this). We went to work on the door, it took us about 3hrs to wreck our way in and what followed next was simply beyond words but I'll try. The door led to a grated walkway. We immediately could sense we were in a vast cavernous space and then there it was in the distance. I started hyperventilating shortly after seeing it and Jim was whispering loudly for me to say something, he was freaked and about to bail. I handed him the googles and got a "sweet jesus #!" out of him which is rare for Jim to curse or take the Lord's name in vain. Then a spotlight from nowhere hit us. It blinded Jim because of the goggles, this beam was intense and the beam must have been a mile long reaching across the vast cavern, we could feel our skin starting to sunburn almost instantly. We heard what sounded like a helicopter but not quite as loud and proceeded to haul ass out of there in a state of panic and shock, it was almost hard to move but something, raw fear shot us forward. Once in the Jeep we drove like a bat out of hell for 2hrs in complete silence before stopping for gas. I pinged a few trees on the way out too. What we saw has shaken us to our core. It was a craft that must have been half a mile in diameter, it is nothing of this Earth. In a panic I dropped my camera losing the images, we also left the arc welder behind. I am posting this from the road at a Motel6. We have no idea what to do and fear for our lives. Surely they will find out who we are. What do we do!!!!????

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I am a old underground miner.
and I know to stay away from old mines till I know the story on them.
there could be explosive or toxic material in these drums.
Those drums could be full of toxic radioactive material

This is what i found by entering into google "moab utah mines" and checking it to the coordanents you gave. 38.605205,-109.572895

That is part of the old Atlas Mine and Mill.
Why would you want to glow in the dark.
Do you want a Darwin award in you name.
The area is part of a toxic Superfund site.

38.60224931199438, -109.59239959716797
this is the coordanents of the old atlas uranium mill and the toxic Superfund site.
terraserver-usa.com...
www.wise-uranium.org...
you were about 500 feet away and on the old mine property.
The Mi Vida Mine is famous for sitting in the largest high-grade uranium ore body ever discovered in the United States. Its success made an overnight millionaire out of unemployed prospector Charlie Steen in 1952, unleashed a massive "uranium boom" on the Colorado Plateau, and turned tiny Moab, UT into "the uranium capital of the world." The mine closed in the 1980s, but not for lack of high-grade uranium ore, which can still be found on the abandoned property. The problem was simply that by that time, demand no longer existed for domestic uranium.

Old mines can still contain explosives and other toxics like the drum in this tunnel most likely contain uranium cleaned up from the mill site or mine and stored till it can be shipped to a proper radioactive storage site when the one in nevada is finely opened.
It is being stored underground till shipped because it is to dangerous to store above ground.

Learn how to USE the Internet it can be your friend.

Stupidity can be deadly.

I am a OLD underground miner because i am not stupid.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I apologize for being so stupid as to investigate a locked metal door seated in the side of a mountain on public land... and to share this curosity with the ATS members... wow my stupidity.

you seem to be alittle offended that i posted this location and almost emotional over it. Interesting response....

btw the majority of the barrels i saw where made of plastic while others were just small plastic bins. It could have housed anything, there was zero indication this was toxic waste or nuclear waste, actually i did NOT get that impression at all. I know of such facilities AROUND MOAB but this location was not one of them. Just because you posted coordinates does not mean this is the same location you are reffering to so please do not mislead the viewers. Yes moab most certainly does host a plethora of underground uranium storage facilities, I am already familiar with many of their locations that i HAVE NOT POSTED yet, this however is not one of them... this location is storing something, albeit I'm not sure what.

*i saw no labels or radioactive symbols on any of the barrels or bins. I saw no warning signs anywhere around the door.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by hiii_98]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It's illegal to store radioactive material --- even low level radioactive waste --- in anything but purpose designed barrels with international radioactivity symbols. Highly, highly unlikely you were near anything radioactive.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I just returned from an Area 51 trip, including Tooele Army Depot, Deseret Chemical Depot, Dugway, Area 51, Basecamp, etc. I will post some pictures here soon.

Anyways, back on topic. I found this picture of the area - can you point out on this pic the approximate spot for this "door"?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FosterVS
I just returned from an Area 51 trip, including Tooele Army Depot, Deseret Chemical Depot, Dugway, Area 51, Basecamp, etc. I will post some pictures here soon.

Base Camp is the only place I routinely get visits from security. I think if you had the time, it would be a good place to stake out. It can be viewed from the Warm Springs repeater site as well as the old AT&T repeater site below the Warm Springs facility.

Base Camp

I photographed the infamous 41901 civilian C-130 the day of the "final four" F117as returning to Tonopah. If George Knapp decided to follow me after the event he would have got some good footage of security hassling me.

Warm Springs repeater N 38.191981 W116.417692
AT&T site N 38.185276 W116.407937

The AT&T site is abandoned, so you won't have to deal with visitors, unlike the higher elevation Warm Springs site. However, it doesn't have much of a view other than Base Camp. The Warm Springs site can see the Nellis Range airspace plus a distant view of the Tonopah Test Range. There are advantages to viewing the airspace from this direction, especially if you have just about any generation of night vision. The weapons school aircraft generally uses their strobe for safety. If they fly blacked out, some of the aircraft use IR strobes. You can spot aircraft over the range from this location and not confuse them with commercial air traffic. When you view the range from the ET Highway, civilian strobes look the same as the military aircraft.

Google Earth shows two routes to the AT&T facility, but does not reflect the condition of the road. Going east from the AT&T site, the road deteriorates rapidly. It is more of an ATV trail than a Jeep trail, well unless you like to beat the crap out of your SUV. It is best to use the road starting at
N 38.172542 W116.410724

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join