It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

secret door in the side of a mountain, we peeked inside

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
While traveling to Moab to watch for UFOs around the Las Sal Mountain Range we found out of car wasnt going to drive up the rough 4wheel terrain necessary to reach our vantage point so we headed into town for some local information on hotspots. The locals at a gas station told me to go back out of town and once i crossed over the colorado river take an immediate right to a hidden road which runs parallel to the river. It was about 1am at night and we took this dirt road for less than a quarter of a mile and parked. Opposite of the river is a giant rocky ridge/mountain. While turning around to leave and driving back up the road we noticed a doorway camoflaged the same color as the mountain cut into the mountain side. This was a double 1/2 inch steel door that had a tamper proof lock on it, and very sturdy looking. Also it had what looked like ventilation ducts coming out above and below the door.

The story got even more interesting when we noticed that someone must have taken a plasma torch or somesort of cutter and cut a hole the size of a half dollar in the door so that we could peak inside.

We put a tiny flashlight and my eyeball to the hole and looked inside. What I saw was very confusing. It looked like drums or barrels of somesort of chemicals to my right side all stacked up. In the middle was what to me looked like white christmas lights all arranged on a wall in front of me in bizarre geometry shapes and patterns. It was like a white looking cord with what may or may not have been light bulbs every half foot. I'm not sure it was even light bulbs or what it was.. but it covered the entire wall (not ceiling) and kinda reminded me how a circuit board is laid out in the intricate patterns and pathways.

Finally on the left side was a completely red flag or at least red material... with a white star in it. I did some research and the only flag that is all red with a white star is the anti-facist flag or basically an older communist flag made around 1956.

With the doors close proximity to the town and to the colorado river, and the unique items within does anyone have any clues as to what all this could be? It also sounded like the room extended far beyond the single room we were able to see. Keep in mind it was VERY difficult to see the items we did and never did we have a clear view of the room due to the tiny hole we had to share with both the flashlight and an eyeball.

I will also upload a video I took of the door now to youtube and post here.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by hiii_98]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

picture taken in moab

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
no drug talk please,

[edit on 19-9-2008 by asala]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You put your EYEBALL in the HOLE?

SNIP

Awesome creepy story though. When you going back?

Mod Edit: removed unnecessary "blue" humor

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Crakeur]

Heh heh... sorry...

[edit on 9/19/08 by emsed1]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Anti-Japan movement 1943 - 1945

The anti-Japan movement fought under a red flag bearing a white star. The British blue ensign with peacock badge was also used in this period.

source: www.allstates-flag.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Sorry for being immature but.....

Thats the best post ive seen in a while made me laugh sooo much

got to be worth a star aswell

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
Awesome creepy story though. When you going back?

I wish someone local or visiting would rent a cutting torch and chop off that lock completely. The curiosity of what was inside was beyond intense. However of all the places i still want to visit, I unfortunately dont plan on this being anytime soon for me.

I was hoping someone had an idea of what this secret bunker was for, and I assume we have others across the US.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

It could be an old storage facility used for miscellaneous stuff. It sounded like some old decorations, and the drums could be empty. I also like looking through old quonset huts in the military. You won't find any flying saucer stuff, but you can find some very old obsolete military equipment in very good shape.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The red flag with a white star in the center is an Army 1-star General Officer flag. Sounds like you found some sort of storeroom.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Army Brigadier General 1 Star

www.flagguys.com...

images.google.com...

i wonder what the odd formation of lights (if they are lights) on the wall directly in front of us could possibly mean... also strange place to store things.. did sound like the place echo'd pretty deep into the mountain., but thats just speculation as to how far back it went as we could not see.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8
reply to post by emsed1

Thats the best post ive seen in a while made me laugh sooo much

got to be worth a star aswell

Thank you

It was probably not very appropriate, but funny.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Was it on private property? Were there any other doors or structures around?

Did you ever go back during the day?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Were the lights lit? It would be strange if there was electrical power going to the mountain. Also, were there any keep out signs etc? If not, I don't see any reason not to break in!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I remember a story about repairs being done on a bridge (I want to say the Brooklyn bridge, but I'm unsure), and a "secret compartment" was found, full of drums and wrapped packages, with an American flag. Turns out it was an emergency storage. Drums of water and packages of food stashed in this room during the war, probably to be rationed out if the Nazis invaded US soil.

I would imagine you may have found something similar

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
reply to post by hiii_98

Was it on private property? Were there any other doors or structures around?

Did you ever go back during the day?

there was no other doors or structures around... well just a bridge across the river (not directly across from the door).

This was on public land. No we never did go back during the day as we had to get back to our regular jobs.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Were the lights lit? It would be strange if there was electrical power going to the mountain. Also, were there any keep out signs etc? If not, I don't see any reason not to break in!

there were ZERO keep out signs or any signs whatsoever as to what the door lead to. The lights (if thats what they were) were not on and we saw no evidence of power inside the area. I really felt i could break in, not be seen and even possibly weld my damage back after exploring the area. But if it is military perhaps there are other things to watch out for inside besides just the locks and the double plated steel door. I did look relatively unused as the ventaliation holes (if thats what they were) were full of spiderwebs and rocks.

Super cool place and it gave you goosebumps looking inside. I also have the coordinates to anyone who would like to explore it further.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Awesome find brother..Did you notice any solid red flags and by that I mean it could be an ordnance flag. Before I was discharged from the Army I spent some time on a naval base in New Jersey that supplied ordnance to the fleet and when ships were in port to load, red flags were raised to let the base know what was going on..I know I read in the post about you seeing a red flag with a white star, a red flag with a white star is BG and makes perfect sense. My other theory is this and it may sound a little far fetched but could it be a back door to Cheyanne Mountain?..Probably not but you never know..

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
"Did you notice any solid red flags "
no, only what looked like a drapped flag with a red star on it. It was not standing on a pole from what i could tell.

whats interesting is that i've given the coordinates and its right there waiting for someone else to verify and investigate right now! Man i really wish that hole was bigger...it was definatly a strange curiosity and seemed as if someone where trying to hide it...but not very well. Also it must have cost alot to carve into a solid rock mountain like that . Whats interesting is that the room inside looked much larger than the door ...so perhaps the digging was done on the OTHERSIDE of the door? The rocks around the door looked very natural and undisturbed.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Moab, being the location of an uranium mine, has some low level radioactive storage sites. The biggest is by the main drag (I forget the number) near the Colorado River. It is fenced off. The fence has TLDs stuck on it to monitor the radiation.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If this garage door is in the middle of nowhere and there are no signs or fences, I'd go back with a blow torch and video camera. Could you see the room illuminated from within or only the outside light from the hole already there ?

I was thinking maybe an abandoned cold war era continuity of command bunker ? I'd have to see it myself. Is it right off the road, with no security perimeter, how did you stumble upon it ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join