It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

secret door in the side of a mountain, we peeked inside

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Perhaps I missed this on the video (watched it three times), but was the lock older-looking, or newer?

Looks to me like an old storage site for something, as others have said.

Was there a path worn to it? Tire ruts? Any signs at all of recent activity?

If possible you should go back during daylight and recon all around that hill or mountain. I can't get an idea how large it is, but perhaps the "main entrance" is located elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
BG?

TLD?

Any chance you guys could translate?

I got the impression there were petroglyphs on the walls.

I wonder if it could be a historically valuable site pertaining to past peoples and state or federal forestry agencies installed a door and locked it away from the public at large.

As a small fwiw, N/E of Fillmore, California is a Chumash burial site and some petroglyphs in shallow depressions in the cliff above the river.

We hiked in for the day and found them.
Interesting.

What was really interesting was his new Forestry map did not show the petroglyph locations.

My about five years older Forestry map did show the petroglyph location.

For a while there Forestry was taking many things of interest off their maps.
Probably for good reason, I can't believe the damage vandals have done to places that should be at the least, sacrosanct.

We find petroglyphs here in the Arizona desert fairly often.

Some in particular near a popular hike in/Jeep in tourist location, but most folks are so busy looking at the big attraction that they miss the smaller ones.

Surprising too where you'll find them.
I found a few petroglyphs scratched onto large boulders not over 3' tall, off in the brush and about 1/4 mile from a popular ridge line campground high in the mountains.
Appeared that there was no traffic through that particular area and the main path was perhaps 40 yards away.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by therainmaker
Perhaps I missed this on the video (watched it three times), but was the lock older-looking, or newer?

Looks to me like an old storage site for something, as others have said.

Was there a path worn to it? Tire ruts? Any signs at all of recent activity?

If possible you should go back during daylight and recon all around that hill or mountain. I can't get an idea how large it is, but perhaps the "main entrance" is located elsewhere.

The lock was older looking but not super old looking. The hinges had some rust on them so I assume no one has been inside for quite some time..but they did not look overly rusted over.

this is located just off the road itself which runs along the river. You can see from my coordinates or the map i linked to. Yes there were tire ruts . The door had graphetti (spelled wrong) on it. Perhaps the main entrance is somewhere else! Couldnt tell unless someone where to take a peak inside!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
So let me get this straight, you find a secret door carved into a mountain with all kinds of crazy stuff inside and a mediocre ATS thread with some horrible footage is all you have?

I'm gonna have to call on NO MORE field investigations from anyone period....UNLESS I'M THERE!! No one on this site can hold a camera, take notes, or ignore fear and the law to get results.....I CAN.

I'm goin to Gilliland Ranch this weekend....I plan on bringing back a couple of aliens...dead or alive...

Ring the bell, school's in session.
Let me show you how it's done......

Liquid

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
"Did you notice any solid red flags "
no, only what looked like a drapped flag with a red star on it. It was not standing on a pole from what i could tell.

I'm sorry but I'm going to call this B/S. Based on the above quote, no one else saw this but in the open thread it was a red flag with a white star, now it's a red star.

Which one is it?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If you had a flashlight, camera with a light prolly on it, and ur friends prolly had flashlights as well why is the video not better lit up? You had a camera and thats all u got? Not really believing it.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
OP, would you mind posting the exact coordinates publicly for us? Just so we can get something of a second opinion on this topic.
I am QUITE sure that some of our other members would not mind checking out the site for themselves.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

I watched your vid. I am familiar with this area, I think.

If this is anywhere within 100 miles of the so called abandoned "Green River Missile Range" you would be wise to steer clear. Very Clear of this area. Although I do not believe the place you have discovered holds any imediate danger to you,, that area"G.R.M.R.", I've been informed is ridden with underground structure that would be considered to be senitive at best.
This could all be speculative, but why chance it? If you are still curious I suggest join the AirForce, keep your nose clean and work toward a job in area's of Space Command, Security or Skunk Works Liason. These jobs may eventualy answer some of your questions.
Just remmember our government will protect its secerets with your life, and your life is worth more than that, much much more.
BE CAREFULL!!!

[edit on 19-9-2008 by hopeandpeace]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
To the OP,

You didnt find anything secret in Moab.
There have been literally hundreds of thousands of people roaming around there for years, on motorcycle bicycles 4wds and even hiking.

What bothers me is how you are willing to break in tpo someplace simply because you dont know what it is.
It belongs to somebody, there are lots of private parcels surrounded by public land.

WHY NOT JUST ASK A LOCAL, rather than commit felony BE.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by punkinworks]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonrat

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
no drug talk please,

[edit on 19-9-2008 by asala]
you must be posting on the wrong thread because noone said anything about drugs.......................

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

I hope you're not all talk, and I look forward to what you report on return.
Just don't forget your camera, oh and make sure you charge the batteries.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I believe this member and he stated that he has a full time job and needed to go back to work like most of us so perhaps he will go back and give us another report and the other guy said he was going to see for himself therefore we will have even more reason NOT to discredit so lets try and give this member the benefit of the doubt and if doesnt provide more solid facts then we know what to think

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

That looked like some live, multi-cellular, organic blob (being)!
It would be interesting to know how far back in the cavern it extended!?
Perhaps, it's able to suck nourishment out of the surrounding walls, floor, and ceiling to sustain itself. It certainly was creepy looking!
If you go back, I'd take one or two people with me, just to be on the safe side!
And maybe take a rifle---you don't have to use it! And, a torch for light---but it also makes for a nice weapon---should you need it! Leave one person outside just in case you or you and a friend don't make it back out---then, the person outside can get help! GOOD LUCK.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Aw, gee, you found my secret Meth lab...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
So there is a hole the size of a half dollar in the door, A door that is probably an inch thick made of steel and you were able to poke a flashlight through the hole and record footage with a camera ?

I call BS....

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dar Kuma

Umm... no offense meant, but did you even watch the video? Or actually read what he said? I'll not explain it to you.. I believe in further education and positive teaching methods.. I'll let you go back, read it again.. and then maybe you will wish to retract your statement. lol

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
omg!!!!

that is so creepy!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It kind of sounds like one of the abandoned mines or caves that are often used in the desert to safely store old data. that would explain the drums and lack of security.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It's odd that there was no fencing or signs. If it was a military site one would expect one or both. If it was a storage site I can't imagine why it would have the flag and 'lights' on the wall. Why would anyone take that kind of time? Clearly either the OP or some other locals need to go back during the daytime and map this sucker out.

Here's a suggestion on getting some images of the interior: Get a lantern battery, a length of 2-conductor wire and a flashlight bulb. Solder or securely connect the wires to the bulb so you can fish it into the hole and drop it inside. Connect it to the battery. Now the interior is lit and you haven't blocked the hole. You can now put your camera against the hole and take pictures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join