It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Man Records Video Of UFO Over Tampa

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
So why don't they just stop the car and have a proper steady shot of this thing?
They also should have gone and investigated where this thing might have crashed...or appeared to crash(?).

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
After some research and calling the guy who made the video, I can confirm that the news station has it wrong in saying that they were going South and looking West, they were going North and looking East towards Tampa. There happens to be a small airport (Peter O Knight Airport) directly in the direction where it went down. Debunked.

More info here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-2-2008 by Grey Basket]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm fairly convinced that it's man made like a few other have suggested on here. If you watch the larger video on the second post you can clearly see 2 seperate trails of flames or sparks at around the 1:22 - 1:26 part of the video. It does look like they are emitting from wings of a plane.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This is at the beginning. Obvious huge spark trail. Probably an aircraft with spark-creating pyrotech attachments or something (for airshows?) If it is, in this shot you are looking at the aircraft from the side.

After that, the plane turns, which shows that these "sparkers", if you will, are in fact on both wings/wingtips. You can sort of make out the airplane in the center also.

The plane does a loop...

And turns again...

one explanation.
In this last one you can also see what I think is an aircraft fuselage and wings. I sort of outlined to show what I mean.

-ChriS

[edit on 16-2-2008 by BlasteR]

[edit on 16-2-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Hello everyone, use google maps or google earth to verify the location!
maps.google.com...

275 does not go anywhere near a body of water of signifigance in Hillsborough County until it hits Tampa Bay. Three bridges cross Tampa Bay, and I-275 is in the middle of them. The only view would have been open water and another bridge in the distance on both sides of it.

This had to be taken on sr 60 crossing into pinellas county at clearwater. Just on the other side of that land, if the view is indeed SR 60, is Lockheed Martin in Oldsmar, fl. That is just west of Tampa. considering it was daytime outside there had to be people from the AMC theatres only a stones throw down the road from LM.

Should I go ask questions?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The 2008 Gasparilla Kid's Parade was postponed from January 19th to the 20th.

Scheduled at 6:15 pm?

Gasparilla Air Invasion, Part Two : NIGHT FLIGHT

As has been posted, the lights are consistent with pyrotechnics on an aerobatic plane.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
gah..

b
[edit on 16-2-2008 by Bspiracy]

[edit on 16-2-2008 by Bspiracy]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I am going with a acrobatic plane. This is a non intentional hoax I think.
There is some nice work going on in here. Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Just two things I wonder about..

- The people in the car are too quiet until that "its gonna crash" utterance

- The ads in the video advertise jobs in "film" and "studio"

- There should have been a lot more talk of this in the locality

But, interesting whatever it might turn out to be.

regs, TMFAP

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
High strangeness. What was the location where this object seemed to come down?

At first I would swear that this was a re-entry of space junk, but when it made the turn and slightly corkscrewed I lost any possibility of identifying it.

If it was a burning plane auguring in, it was a bad landing. Or a stunt plane with sky writing gear and a bad pilot.

ZG

[edit on 2/16/2008 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Me, I'd go with the plane theory.

But theres something else that gives this away, and no ones picked up on it yet, so I'll run it by you and see what you think

Wouldn't you have stopped the car to take the video?

Because I know that if it was me, I would have. Theres no way in hell I would keep driving if I saw that in the sky, and I'm fairly sure that anyone else who saw it would have stopped too.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
*sigh*

I don't know why I bother sometimes...

I thought the motto here was "deny ignorance", and yet someone's idea that it looks like a "roller-coaster" gets starred/recognition whilst a few posters here that have hit the nail on the head get ignored !???

This place is becoming a joke...

To those of you who have got a clue, I applaud you, and hope you manage to get through to those that don't.

I will not be posting on ATS any more. I'll miss speaking to some of you good people, but I've had enough of wasting my time here. Goodbye.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I agree with C.H.U.D's first posting here, there was a similar occurence already and it turned out to be paragliders with fireworks.
Even if in this case the paraglider could be ruled out because of incapacity to perform these motions, an Ultralight motorized delta glider or the like would be capable of performing these manouvers.
It sure is spectacular and intruiging but I rate the chances for it to be of earthly origin and what C.H.U.D hinted to around 90%

apc

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
CHUD, youuuu'llll beeeee baaaaaaaaack...

Two hips and a horray for whoever thought of wingtip pyrotechnics! Fits well.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Hello everyone, use google maps or google earth to verify the location!
maps.google.com...

275 does not go anywhere near a body of water of signifigance in Hillsborough County until it hits Tampa Bay. Three bridges cross Tampa Bay, and I-275 is in the middle of them. The only view would have been open water and another bridge in the distance on both sides of it.

This had to be taken on sr 60 crossing into pinellas county at clearwater. Just on the other side of that land, if the view is indeed SR 60, is Lockheed Martin in Oldsmar, fl. That is just west of Tampa. considering it was daytime outside there had to be people from the AMC theatres only a stones throw down the road from LM.

Should I go ask questions?

I already established exactly where he was filming and where the object was just a couple posts up, look at it. They were driving on 275 North from St. Pete and just coming into Tampa where you see the trees. There is a small airport exactly East of where they were looking and where the object went down.

I called the guy who took the video myself to confirm this with him.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hi there,

Very interesting indeed.

It kind of remind me this :
video.google.fr...

If it's a plane, it has to be authorized to fly over the area, specially doing maneuvers at this altitude. Am I wrong ?

Peace,
Europa aka Buckwild

[edit on 16-2-2008 by Europa733]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolPower
This isn't debris or anything falling from space. Just take my word as I have a degree in Astronomy. The trajectory is way too bizarre for this.

It's not a rocket. Rocket's are "straight shooters", following parabolic curves, using gravity more than propulsion on the decent. And if this was an out of control rocket it would be much more random with pieces flying off and it would definitely nose dive within seconds. Not to mention, three pieces are flying in formation in this video.

It's not a helicopter with flares attached to it. The degree of movement is too complex for a helicopter. The degree of movement is too complex for a plane too, if that's what your thinking.

It follows an interesting sinusoidal (up/down) pattern with a lot of intermixing of the three objects and rotating. Nothing I've ever seen behaves like this.

This is either computer generated (which I'm no expert on) or a UFO.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by SolPower]

I have to disagree. To my eyes, whatever was there was on fire and falling... and in trouble. Debris from a meteor, or some aircraft, or re-entry of a missile or rocket. As the object burned, it's surface debrided offering changing surfaces to wind resistance and altering it's path. The final upswing could also be due to this process.

If they had 3:28 of footage, why didn't they show it all? And re: "The Movement" They sign off with the statement "Roll with us or get rolled over" and I am both amused and offended. A far cry from the Woodstock Nation's "Love One Another" credo of the 60's. (please excuse my off topic remark)

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

Looking suspicious - but who's going to confirm the facts? Someone asked if they should start asking questions - It would seem that someone should if the purpose here is to establish credibility or the lack therof.

I'm leaning toward the aircraft theory - but still wonder:

1) Has anyone asked the airport in question if there was an aircraft with pyrotechnics taking off/landing around that time? Wouldn't they HAVE to know that?
2) What are the details of this Gasparilla fireworks/red baron display? That would case in point debunk this whole thing.
3) Why does the news story on WFTV state that MacDill said "Not on our radar at all" - if this WAS a plane wouldn't they know/have it on their radar?
4) Can this be truly debunked without seeing the whole video?

The rest of the video is supposed to be filmed after stopping the car...

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Europa733

Everyone asks questions and proposes answers - but who has the facts?

I totally agree with Europaa733 - so who is going to confirm this airshow/airport issue and put this to rest?

Then of course they may post the rest of the video and this will start all over again...

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Wow. This thread is still going?

Explained by Black Sheep.
Hal9000's linked video of the explanation here.
BlasteR's stills and comparison here.
And finally, the link to the event that happened at that time that had a night aerobatics plane in the air.
Sorry if I missed anyone.

I believe finding proof that every poster reads every post in a thread is even more rare than finding proof of an actual alien spacecraft

[edit on 2/16/2008 by eaglewingz]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join