It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Man Records Video Of UFO Over Tampa

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Granted, such a clip does get the hosting website alot more hits than it normally would.

Granted, there was definite promo before we got to see the clip - now we all know what movement tv is all about.

And granted, pretty much everything can be done with CGI these days.

BUT, i think this is real.

How many normal members of society EVER look up?

No-one does. People never think to look up, all too wrapped up in their own world.

The fact that there was a highway next to a lake like that means that everyone driving down that highway should seen it - but we cant assume that.

Not making the news is NOT a reason to say its a fake either.

I'm not sure whether we talking ET here or Earth-bound secret technology test, but either way i think these guys have posted exactly what they saw.

Great video - lets hope they hit ATS and have a chat with us.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

How do we know it crashed? At the end it looks like it was going back up.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Im not sure what that was, but i seriously doubt CGI. I think this is almost truely unexplainable when we think of our conventional explanations of what this might be. Not a meteor, not a sky diver, not swamp gas, Its something that shouldnt be there but is. Ill watch this one closely to see what the concensous turns out to be....

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Timewavezer0

Ok - I've been following this for a little while, and have done a LOT of research on the web. I have registered only on this site so that I can get the opinion of the contributors on this thread.

I have found little to no reference to corroborative stories for that night, in that area, except for this: www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
(sorry I don't know how to make fancy links)

That is a YouTube video from a cell phone, from someone who not only saw an event around that time, but also saw a NEWS story headlining on the local ABC Affiliate - from research on the TV station's website, the reporter appears to be Walt Maciborski. (He also did a story a while ago about some new alien attraction to be opening in the area.)

The interesting thing noted in the YouTube poster's comments, is that the news story completely disappeared from the tv station’s website, and no-one can find any mention of the story anywhere. Supposedly the reporter interviewed someone from MacDill AFB as well.

So my questions are:
Do you think this lady (and responders to her video) is/are referring to the same event as this movement tv??
Why would there be a leading news story that disappears almost immediately after it airs?

I'm skeptical unless there are other witnesses, otherwise it looks like a way to get some free publicity and a few $$$ - although the video shows promise in that the next 3 minutes are supposed to be clearer and even more wild - and the in and out of focus lends credibility to a witnessed event vs. cgi...

Looking forward to follow up comments from this group.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Why not release all of the footage at once? Why so much advertising before getting to the good stuff? This makes me think that perhaps they're not as interested in the truth as they claim to be.

I can respect the fact that they want to make a buck off their video, if it IS a real sighting. However, if it's something faked, intended for pure promotion, they ought to come clean, and fast.

The video is pretty amazing, though. I wonder what it is.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
i would say it almost moves like a roller coaster. the up and down movements and the cool loopdy loop. at one point as it appears to slightly descend the fireball seems to get thicker and stretch. pretty neat stuff and i don't know what to make of it.

p.s. whats with all this talk about "gangsta talk"? who cares? are you watching the content or listening to the chatter?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Terrestrial rather than ET IMHO... and I think an IFO.

A very similar vid was posted a few months back, as someone mentioned earlier in this thread, and that was debunked as a powered-hang-glider or RC helicopter with fireworks/flares tied to it.

Google Video Link

In case the above link does not work:
video.google.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolPower

It's not a helicopter with flares attached to it. The degree of movement is too complex for a helicopter. The degree of movement is too complex for a plane too, if that's what your thinking.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by SolPower]

Are you sure about that?

I think a RC heli with some simple fireworks attached to the skids and flying over the water would look exactly like the video......

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Back when I was a kid my family and I were on vacation and we were driving through Texas late at night, my dad woke me and my brother up to show us this giant fireball slowy traveling through the sky with a tail that looked exactly like that. We assumed it was a meteor, which I still believe to this day. It did not move like this. It just went from east to west. The object in this video is very strange.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lotiki

That's wicked crazy!

But you couldn't perform those kind of maneuvers in a full size chopper.

You'd shear the rotors, smoke the drive train and scramble the pilot.

The object(s) in the video were too far away, and traveling too fast to be an RC model, IMHO.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent Styx
This video is a bit too convincing for me to accept as real.

Dude, you have just made one of the most classic quotes I have ever read on ATS, and I have been around a while. up:

Had to give kinda kurious a star as he was the first to catch that.

Thanks for making my day.

This video is really strange. First you see two separate fireballs, which kind of looks like an airliner exhaust trail at sunset, but the change in direction is amazing. I doubt very much that this is alien in nature, but what ever it was would be a big hit on the 4th of July. Kind of looks like the dragon fireworks in the Lord of the Rings.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
OOooohh SNAP!

my first theory was ball-lightning or other strange phenomena but an RC helicopter with such manauverability definitly would be able to pull this off.

I guess no UFOs here.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Wow, definitely one of the most convincing videos I've seen. My first thought was that it was a meteor or something, but then I noticed it was 2 separate objects, then it did that loop thing..

I hope the person who shot this video comes here and gives us some more info about it, and maybe the raw footage.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The first thing I thought was:

Ha! I can't wait to say it's a typical meteorite! Just look at the fireball...

..But then it dipped down, and up, and down, and up, and turned around. There's no doubt this could have been down via CGI and there's no doubt the site is going to get more hits thus it could be a promotional trick. To me though, it doesn't seem like that's the case.

I'm going to hold back until the skeptical folks draw up some ideas as to possible IFO explanations.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I have been a long long time lurker. This post caught my eye because I was amazed the first time I saw something similar to this.

I am new so I learn to link later. I will point you to videos on google that show very similar activity to this video.

Goto Google and search for "Night Aerobatics" and go to the second result titled "YouTube - Night Pyro biplane airshow" Play the video. That is one example of similar visuals.

Then scroll down in the window on the right named "2005 NAS/JRB Willow Grove Air Fest - Manfred Radius" The opening of that video is the clincher for me.

My hypothesis is that a solo pilot was practicing over a safe area, the water and state parrk/preserve.

Also, I know we have several pilots on ATS. The the maneuver he is doing has a name. You roll the plane upside down and dive ( it looks like a half loop) you bottom out low. At the end of the video he pulls up.

Also the pyro is wingtip mounted. Knowing that you can see the plane roll.

Man that felt good. My fisrt post

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macrotus
Fake. If it was real, it would be all over the news. Which means it's a fake. Anyone with a decent amount of CGI know-how can do that.

FAKE.

Haha, is this a fake post? Are you serious? You actually base the veracity of UFO claims on whether or not they show up in the mainstream media?

Surely you must be joking. If not, your logic is severely flawed.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Great stuff!!! Use the provided full screen link in the OP, freeze the video at 1:07 and frame-by-frame it and it looks as though there are 2 exhausts coming from it. Could there have been 3rd that flamed out, thus causing the erratic maneuvers?
Also the exhaust flame is rectangular, I've never seen a rectangular exhaust on any jet that I've seen.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Black Sheep

That is pretty close. Good job Black Sheep.

I'll help you out. Here is the link. You be the judge.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
Isn't it some kind of missile? I didnt think UFOs emit flames, but then again what do I know?

watchZEITGEISTnow

Most likely not a missile. Missiles do not emit sparks out the back like a fireworks display. Missiles traveling at extremely high speeds are also not likely to change trajectory and do looptyloops with such a small area of sky. IMO, not a missile.

-ChriS

[edit on 15-2-2008 by BlasteR]

[edit on 16-2-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Think about this..

You are a music group trying to make it in to the top. Hollywood, a custom Bentley, hot chicks...

You accidentally get amazing footage of Barack Obama flipping off Hillary Clinton, or so it seems...

"Leak" clips out to the media...

GET LOTS OF ATTENTION!!! (aka show me the money)

Put a "full" version on your website with a 10 min promo...

Extra footage...

Extra promo lead-outs...

What do you have?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join