It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the real Stargate-SG1

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Anyone going to reply???

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
Sorry, but I have to remain highly skepical on this topic.

Why would the governmet allow for a movie, and six seasons of a TV series (one of the best) to show on Sci-Fi, that's a little risky.

Tassadar

I have wondered that about X-Files and Taken by Speilberg.
The actors in all these TV roles sometimes give a look to the tv audience that is very TELLING, at least to me.
There is truth all over the TV now, but the average viewer does not know it is documentary.disclosure disquised as sci-fi.
IHMO only.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
is it just me or are we getting off track again? the philidelphia experiment was investigating invisibility-not wormhole travel? i would like to hear more on the real gates in existence if possible.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Yes more on gates! Anyone know anything??? Well heres some stuff:

Stargate the device
Wormholes
DHD
Stargate Command
Cheyenne mountain
Air force space command

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Having the series could be used as a dis-information tactic if there is something to hide.
It is highly effective, whenever anyone mentions something that even vaguely resembles any concepts used in that or any TV show, the majority of people immediately dismiss it with 'Oh yeah that was in Stargate, idiot' - kind of thing.
The 'Wormhole X-Treme' episode was pretty good becasue it tackled it from that angle.
It's a bit like when I was trying to explain something to someone the other day and mentioned Quantum theory, to which they started poking fun and going on about 'Quantum Leap' - so whether it is delibrate or not, it does dumb a lot of people down one way or another.

Something else interesting, is that British hacker who was being extradited to America (did it happen?) - I listened to his interview and in that he mentioned he had come across manifests for 'Non-Terran' bases and crew manifests for ships which do not appear to exist. However he may be lying obviously.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I don't think he's lying. The Americans are making a HUGE deal out of it!

Here's a nice Stargate

[edit on 5/10/05 by Atomix]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
In 10 years, Stargate will look as dated as "The Jetsons" cartoon series.

Its almost been 10 years already and STILL not looking dated...OMG its on in 2 hours! Yay!

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Oops I also for got to post on worldblend's comment,

well erm its like tuning the radio, when its tuned the machines will let me know when I have the destination wanted with a definate time frame intact.

but what other solution could you share that could have the ability to program a an exact destination point from the point of origin?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Lol all you said about disinformation causing dismissal etc, well its actually happening.

We're discussing the building of wormhole "gates". Gates is just the best word.

It turns out that a ring shaped device in theory is the most practical, well, i will let you read this thread. (It starts off a little confusing, but then come the revelations. LOL just read on.)

Construction of a "Stargate-like" device.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I was just pleased that they had Glastonbury featured in the first 2 episodes of the new series (though not on location sadly) as I live about 1/2 hour from there!

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
Maybe to desensitise people to it so it won't be impossible for them to comprehend,not everything is such a deep dark conspiracy you know.

Or maybe they wanted to give Lewis Farrakon something else to look for hovering over the north pole..........bet that's why nobody else can see that mother ship, it's hidden by the stargate.....

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
LOL but for us, less knowlegable people, who is lewis farrakon?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think if you look at the major religions (Jewish, Christian and Islam) they all have the same start, the first 8 books of the old testament are the same for all three. they all mention creation, one god, angels, gods army. its not that far fetched to say that we came here from another planet (in fact its a scientific theory). The stargate programme although fiction could easily be true, it doesnt take a great stretch of the imagination to believe it, jeezo we beleive alot more on blind faith !!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Its not hard to believe at all.

Think about this:

(fact)2020 we will launch a new telescope, more powerful than anything ever seen, and it will be able to detect planets, there composition, whether they have life on them.

(fiction) when we find life, it is probable there will be a global race to produce a technology that will enable us to sustain two way travel to that planet, without spending 6000 years in cryofreeze, most likely with a gajjillion dolar reward. Along comes stargate technology (In say......2150).

Teams are sent to explore the planet.Once there we see that there is life on that planet with the intelligence similar to that of say, a neanderthal.

Somewhere down the line, after years of non-contact stealth observations of the planets inhabitants, some daft president will likely give permission to interfere with the planets natural evolution, in order to "allow the species to reach its full potential".

So, we interact with them, govern and teach them, and a culture is born. Then, they become intelligent enough to say "hey, we're intelligent enough to discover the universe ourselves so byebye" or they simply uprise against us. Thus a creation mythology is born, twisted and lost partly, down generations, and, thousands/millions of years from now, those extra terrestrials will be having the same conversation were having right now.

So its entirely possible. Another possibility is that HUMANS live somewhere else in the galaxy, and seeded earth.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Or that we from Earth seeded other planets. Anyway the minimum time until Earth is destroyed by natural means: 25 years

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Be more specific!

40 - 100 that the icecaps melt completely.

50 - 200 years possibly until the next world war.

The comet of doom is actually not on course with earth. But there could be asteroids that we cant detect until theyre very near us.

Circa 25 years until solar flares can increase to dangerous levels....

sigh.......

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I love the StarGate show. I wish we did have a stargate. But no, the technology and the mathematics are beyond us right now. Give us another 100-200 years and ask me again.

Sorry sciencegirl, there is no stargate.... I wish there was....

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well the show is funded by the Air Force and in cooperation with US Space Command...makes you think!

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Well the show is funded by the Air Force and in cooperation with US Space Command...makes you think!

does it? not really to be honest

read the book "stargate conspiracy"

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZPE StarPilot
I love the StarGate show. I wish we did have a stargate. But no, the technology and the mathematics are beyond us right now. Give us another 100-200 years and ask me again.

Sorry sciencegirl, there is no stargate.... I wish there was....

Well Zats exist!

www.ufo-investigations.com...

Oh, maybe not.. sometimes the old ways are best.....

Atomix..

I don't think it's funded by them to be honest, I believe it is endorsed however and they help a lot with production. Some may argue that is just to portray the Air Force in an accurate way and the way they would operate in that sort of situation.

I think if anything like that exists and is in our possession, then it would be acquired or 'discovered' technology either given to us, stolen or simple dug up somewhere.

I'd love to believe that it exists in some way, but there isn't really any prrof yet

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join