It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brave Russians say NO to 'vote Vlad'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Ummm...see...no democracy to be found in not so great Briton...you can't even vote for your heads of state...

If we decide we don't like the PM we have the option not to vote for their party , if there was no Democracy in the UK we wouldn't have left the EU when we voted to do so , I and many others voted Conservative when Johnson was leader because he promised to deliver Brexit which he did , I and many others won't vote Conservative in this Election because I / we don't like the direction this Conservative leader is taking .... that is my / our Democratic choice.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Sadly, you have no clue about our political system, but keep on lecturing us about it.

You might want to look up how our Parliament works first, though.

Also, how you spell "Britain"?

Ummm...do the persons in your political parties...still wear those gad awful wigs...when they flock together in a gaggle...to throw insults at one another...?

Hmmm...?

And your right...I can't seem to muster any desire to understand how the deep corruption in the British vassal state...manages to function...

Which is really just fine with me...

It's equally fine that you don't understand how the dysfunctional...equally corrupt Daddy.gov here in the not so united states functions either...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   

"Ummm...do the persons in your political parties...still wear those gad awful wigs..."

No. Do you?

As for throwing insults at each other, yes they do. So do yours.

It's called "politics".

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Ummm...see...no democracy to be found in not so great Briton...you can't even vote for your heads of state...

If we decide we don't like the PM we have the option not to vote for their party , if there was no Democracy in the UK we wouldn't have left the EU when we voted to do so , I and many others voted Conservative when Johnson was leader because he promised to deliver Brexit which he did , I and many others won't vote Conservative in this Election because I / we don't like the direction this Conservative leader is taking .... that is my / our Democratic choice.

I voted the same and wanted out of Europes Bureaucracy, my democratic choice was heard like many others and we left, it's just a shame Boris was such a twit.
If our democacy was so corrupt, then we'd still be stuck in that quagmire that's European politics, and just like the 2 anti-war politicians in Russian certain options would have been removed from our ballot.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Ummm...do the persons in your political parties...still wear those gad awful wigs

I think you'll find thats the high courts system and not the political system.

And your right...I can't seem to muster any desire to understand how the deep corruption in the British vassal state...manages to function...

Then why post about it, or is it just to back up your conformation bias?
Are going to answer a question about the actual thread to stay on topic (seems like the same question gets asked of you in every thread)

do members really think that the west has got it as bad as Russian where the Kremlin banned two politicians from the ballot who sought to run on an antiwar agenda

A possible opinion on the 2 anti-war candidates being removed?

edit on 15-3-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

"I can't imagine living in a country where one party would try to prevent another party's candidate from running, BAMN! "

Neither can I.

Mind you, Putin actually manages to do it.

Without bothering with lengthy Court cases...

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Ummm...do the persons in your political parties...still wear those gad awful wigs

I think you'll find thats the high courts system and not the political system.

Ummm...thank you...I guess I've just seen too many movies where they were wearing them in the parliament...

Although...most of the movies I've watched from/about your country...were either reenactments or fiction from the last or previous centuries...

No doubt none too historically accurate...

NOW...that's conversing...we should have more of that in the future...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Have you seen U571?!!!!

LOL!

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Ummm...thank you...I guess I've just seen too many movies where they were wearing them in the parliament...

You could be thinking of the official opening of parliament by the monarchy.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

How many of them did you actually get to cast a vote for...?

We don't vote for Prime Ministers we vote for candidates of political parties in our constituencies , the party with the most elected members of Parliament forms the government and the leader of that party becomes the PM.

Oh don't confuse him he thinks Putin is a democratic leader. Apparently him and Fidel Castro are the true democracies and everything else is an illusion. I think he meant delusion

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Mostly "peaceful" though if I remember correctly. Sarc

It really seems as if some people (cough cough Soros) and his ilk are trying their best to start another color revolution.

These kind of actions may only further solidify a Putin victory much like the actions taken against Trump may lead to his second term.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WannabeeAuCourant

Putins victory is a certainty.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WannabeeAuCourant

These kind of actions may only further solidify a Putin victory

I think that was decided before a single vote was cast...

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Newsflash!

Putin is behind in the exit polls and looks to be heading for defeat!

I'm kidding.....

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   
These back and forth "Ummm" responses are really annoying. It's immature, IMO, so let's grow up a little bit, yes?

On topic however, it seems to me to be par for the course as it pertains to intelligence agency "regime change" tactics and operations.

Of course Putin isn't popular with some Russians. There's, admittedly, an entire country butted up against Russia that is wholly controlled by western intelligence agencies.

They can launch all kinds of disruptive operations to interfere and destabilize Russia's "elections".

Here in the west, I'm sure all kinds of "destabilization" agents have oozed in amongst the illegal hordes.

Instead of worrying about Russia, perhaps folks should start getting prepared for our own "fireworks". I predict we're in for a helluva ride leading up to November. I hope everyone is enjoying the calm before the storm.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

You don't think anyone is actually counting votes, do you?

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Kurokage

You don't think anyone is actually counting votes, do you?

Yeah, its going along the lines of...

10 for me and none for you....25 for me and none for you...to hell with this, Putin has won!

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

There is no one that believes Putin will not win. I think what amazed most of us is these people are willing to protest knowing they are going to jail and even risking their lives as Putin purges people that are a threat or embarrass him. So what level of disgust must be hiding among the people.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

There is no one that believes Putin will not win. I think what amazed most of us is these people are willing to protest knowing they are going to jail and even risking their lives as Putin purges people that are a threat or embarrass him. So what level of disgust must be hiding among the people.

You make a good point.
What amount of hatred must be hiding below the surface amongst the average Russian populus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join