It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brave Russians say NO to 'vote Vlad'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Cheers OP.

If you posted that in Russia, gulag or upper floor window for you!

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Are we pretending...that any western nations...are democracies...?

No need to pretend they are Democracies because they clearly are , just because your chosen candidate doesn't win or your belief system isn't followed doesn't prove otherwise.

There's a clear gulf between our freedoms in our Democracies and those in Dictatorships pretending to be Democracies.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

"Are we pretending Russia is a democracy?"

Sadly, yes.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

Are we pretending Russia is a democracy?

Ummm...

Seems to me that we have the US...and then all of it's European and those few others across the Pacific...vassal states...

I mean...do you really consider the EU...a democracy...?

YouSir

Compared to Russia? Absolutely.

Ummm...isn't pretending...fun...

Not...all...the world is a stage...unless your name is Zelensky...then you get to act like a president...when you're actually just a beggar dressed as a clown...

But I digress...You actually think your illusions are better than other illusions...?

Because that's all any of our societies are...illusions of freedom and democracy...masquerading as legitimacy...

YouSir
edit on 15-3-2024 by YouSir because: I...have...the powaa...

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Care to post something for once to back up your claims that all western democracies are as corrupt as Russia's?

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

No need to pretend they are Democracies because they clearly are , just because your chosen candidate doesn't win or your belief system isn't followed doesn't prove otherwise.

There's a clear gulf between our freedoms in our Democracies and those in Dictatorships pretending to be Democracies.

Ummm...Says the guy who has had...three...prime ministers...in one year...

How many of them did you actually get to cast a vote for...?

Fess up...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Care to post something for once to back up your claims that all western democracies are as corrupt as Russia's?

The west has drag shows and people confused about which restroom to use.

I think that’s been one of the biggest barometers for which countries have the best democracies for many.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Ummm...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa...

look here folks...the one person on the planet that thinks his government...isn't...corrupt...

You're the best...the absolute best...

I've got to hand it to you...the tenacity you employ...in defense of an obviously corrupt regime...posing as a democracy...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   

"But I digress...You actually think your illusions are better than other illusions...?"

I think that the UK is a damn sight more democratic than Russia.

Where we get to vote on leaving the EU and get to vote out our Govt. And we don't get the same leader in perpetuity.

Isn't that the difference?

And quite a big one? No?

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   

We don't vote for Prime Ministers we vote for candidates of political parties in our constituencies , the party with the most elected members of Parliament forms the government and the leader of that party becomes the PM.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   

At least they got the push.

Maybe, try to understand, we elect a party to govern, and the party that wins, decides who gets to lead it?

Better than "electing" a President for life who brutally represses any opposition.

Unless, you like that sort of thing?

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   

"I've got to hand it to you...the tenacity you employ...in defense of an obviously corrupt regime...posing as a democracy..."

Ummm...nope. no words necessary.

l

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Ummm...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa...

look here folks...the one person on the planet that thinks his government...isn't...corrupt...

You're the best...the absolute best...

I've got to hand it to you...the tenacity you employ...in defense of an obviously corrupt regime...posing as a democracy...

YouSir

What's that, 1 post before you jump to sarcasim??

You're the one coming down on the side of a dictator on here and trying to pretend Russia is a democracy.
We have an election this year actually and we have several parties we can vote for. Something you clearly don't seem to understand.
How many of those Russian people do you think are going to be whisked away for not being able to vote for a real oppositon party?
edit on 15-3-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I can't imagine living in a country where one party would try to prevent another party's candidate from running, BAMN!

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Seems to me that we have the US...and then all of it's European and those few others across the Pacific...vassal states...

That maybe your opinion but it's not fact my friend. Great Britain may not be perfect but it's by no means a vassel state and I imagine many European countries would say the same.
We had something called Brexit to leave a lot of the European Bureaucracy behind, something voted for, against what the then government wanted...
Russians and the people of stolen lands can only vandalised booths, as they have no one in oposition to vote for.

Ummm...your not so great Briton...is a US vassal...every time Uncle Sam says hop to it...you bend over backwards to comply with his commands...

And the same goes for the EU...and European states individually...

So get back in line...and stop with the illusory dreams of relevancy...reality is a much better place to live...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

We don't vote for Prime Ministers we vote for candidates of political parties in our constituencies , the party with the most elected members of Parliament forms the government and the leader of that party becomes the PM.

Ummm...see...no democracy to be found in not so great Briton...you can't even vote for your heads of state...

Sooooo...you were saying...?

YouSir

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Sadly, you have no clue about our political system, but keep on lecturing us about it.

You might want to look up how our Parliament works first, though.

Also, how you spell "Britain"?

edit on 15-3-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Ummm...I did state that..."you're the best"...

Twice...

Besides that...they're 5...(five)...candidates running for President in Russia...

AAAAAAnd...Those persons torching the voting booths and polling stations...can vote for whomever they choose...

Apparently they're just hoodlums...miscreants...and vandals...out looking for a job...in the gulag...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   

That maybe your opinion but it's not fact my friend. Great Britain may not be perfect but it's by no means a vassel state and I imagine many European countries would say the same.
We had something called Brexit to leave a lot of the European Bureaucracy behind, something voted for, against what the then government wanted...
Russians and the people of stolen lands can only vandalised booths, as they have no one in oposition to vote for.

Ummm...your not so great Briton...is a US vassal...every time Uncle Sam says hop to it...you bend over backwards to comply with his commands...

And the same goes for the EU...and European states individually...

So get back in line...and stop with the illusory dreams of relevancy...reality is a much better place to live...

YouSir

Care to post any kind conformation of your post other than your bias, go on just one link? It seems to me it's you who likes to disrupt threads by going off topic.
I don't remember the thread title being about Great Britain and it's political system?
You really do hold on to a lot of hate...

How about trying to talk about the subject of the thread? What do you think about 2 politicians being removed because of their anti-war stance?
Do you think they should've been allowed to remain on the ballot?

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Ah yes. Those five other candidates:

www.themoscowtimes.com...

"The outcome of the vote is all but certain, with Putin expected to easily win after stamping out the opposition and the Kremlin hand-picking his election opponents.

Anti-war presidential hopeful Boris Nadezhdin, who recently earned widespread attention with long lines of his supporters waiting to endorse his candidacy, was barred by the CEC over alleged errors in his endorsement papers. Another pro-peace hopeful, Yekaterina Duntsova, was barred late last year over apparent paperwork mistakes."

Honestly, this is getting laughable?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join