It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First US troops killed in Mideast since start of Gaza war

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This Reuters article summarizes the response from across the US political spectrum along with 2 global responses to this point. As you would guess in an election year this event is being politicized already.

Reaction to drone strike on US troops in Jordan

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I've checked several sources and while it says the soldiers were Army I'm not seeing any details on the exact unit .

I'd take a wild guess and say it was elements of the 75th Ranger Regiment , but then again it could be any unit . But I know that Army SF and the 75th are constantly deploying .

Could be the 82nd AB possibly.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: JinMI

I was told Trump would lead us into world war 3 by the guy whos seeing multiple conflicts erupt globally.

Not to mention that you yourself are significantly partisan....

Trum is a danger to democracy.
-The left

Biden is a danger to humanity.
-Everyone else

You should go keyboard warrior with people that say things like that or keyboard warrior here as it doesn't make a difference to me. It also doesn't change what the facts have shown me, neither Biden nor Trump should lead this country.

Still this thread is about an attack where 3 soldiers were killed and dozes were hurt I would ask if we could stay on topic but that ship sailed long ago.

I am on topic.

This is Bidens fault.

You are...and it is.
Apparently, attributing responsibility to Biden...where it belongs...makes one partisan.
The OP only appears to laud "neutral" comments.

Oh my Lord, if Trump was president, this would be 24/7

And everyone would say exactly what they said here because it’s about consistency and honesty, not bias.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

heard earlier on the idjet box that it's a spec ops base called Tower 22. did some search and reuters that it only has 350 Air Force and Army personal there.

not much othere info so far.

Little is publicly known about the base. But it includes logistics support and there are 350 U.S. Army and Air Force troops at the base.
Tower 22 is near Al Tanf garrison, which is located across the border in Syria, and which houses a small number of U.S. troops. Tanf had been key in the fight against Islamic State and has assumed a role as part of a U.S. strategy to contain Iran's military build-up in eastern Syria.
What is Tower 22, site of the attack on US troops in Jordan?

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
This Reuters article summarizes the response from across the US political spectrum along with 2 global responses to this point. As you would guess in an election year this event is being politicized already.

Reaction to drone strike on US troops in Jordan

www.reuters.com...

Afghanistan was politicized in 2021. Biden phucked that up like everything else he's in charge of.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

heard earlier on the idjet box that it's a spec ops base called Tower 22. did some search and reuters that it only has 350 Air Force and Army personal there. not much othere info so far.

Well from that bit of information .

We are looking at Army Special forces and all the support elements , With Air force CCT's and PJ's . Logistics support is short hand for Intelligence personnel . The 75th has been operating in and out of Syria since 2010 or earlier.

Who ever hit this base knew it was a vital spot .
edit on 28-1-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

heard earlier on the idjet box that it's a spec ops base called Tower 22. did some search and reuters that it only has 350 Air Force and Army personal there.

not much othere info so far.

Little is publicly known about the base. But it includes logistics support and there are 350 U.S. Army and Air Force troops at the base.
Tower 22 is near Al Tanf garrison, which is located across the border in Syria, and which houses a small number of U.S. troops. Tanf had been key in the fight against Islamic State and has assumed a role as part of a U.S. strategy to contain Iran's military build-up in eastern Syria.
What is Tower 22, site of the attack on US troops in Jordan?

An interesting PDF on page 2 that may be up your alley of curiosity....

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

it is interesting, i knew that the U.S. has had fairly decent relations with Jordan for a very long time, and that they let us set up up bases during the war on isism and continuing in syria now. didn't know they got that much equipment from us though.

Jordan seems to be the only arab country in that area that has any sense.

here's another article on Tower 22, even has a picture of the base before the attack.

Tower 22, which had not been targeted in previous strikes by Iran-backed militias, is located approximately 12 miles south of the al-Tanf garrison in southeastern Syria, where U.S. troops have maintained a presence to train partner forces as part of the campaign against the Islamic State.

The small installation, which Jordan does not publicly disclose, includes U.S. engineering, aviation, logistics and security troops. An estimated 3,000 U.S. troops are typically stationed in Jordan.
Three US troops killed, dozens injured in drone attack in Jordan

edit on 28-1-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 08:09 PM
link   

We are looking at Army Special forces and all the support elements , With Air force CCT's and PJ's . Logistics support is short hand for Intelligence personnel . The 75th has been operating in and out of Syria since 2010 or earlier. Who ever hit this base knew it was a vital spot .

yep someones been watching the base.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Topcraft

originally posted by: Sanitarium79
Imagine invading almost every oil rich country on the other side of the planet, just to build military bases and steal their recources and wealth for decades and then whining when some of the intruders get killed.

In private life, when you for example hike or camp in bear teritory and a bear kills you, who is to blame - the bear or you for beeing there in the first place?

We’ve stolen oil and resources from these countries? can you show where this happened? We fight for stability in the region, not resources. Can you show your sources for this opinion? Or are you just making it up. We have more oil in the US than they do, why would we need to steal from them? Please explain.

Because your country wants to use the Middle East oil first so they can guarantee it is sold in USD and then when everywhere else is outta oil sell your own at whatever price you like. Or keep it for yourselves and the world can eat a d!ck.

Could be paranoia because the USD is floated on oil and not backed by anything else but global dependence 🤷🏽‍♂️

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

I heard it said a long time ago that if the US didn't buy Saudi oil they'd sell it to China. Plus of course what you have said, that is, use up everyone else's resources before touching their own.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Why does the media call the war on Hamas, "The Gaza War"?

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Is DISGUSTING a strong enough word?

As Iran-backed militias attack Americans, Biden tries to save Tehran terrorists.
Continued here: nypost.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Reza Pahlavi, Crown Prince of Iran is asking help the people of Iran in their fight for liberation from the Islamic regime, and put an end to war and conflict.

Reza Pahlavi X

He`s been quite vocal and clear earlyer also, saying that the Islamic regime of Iran is anti-life , and that Iranians hate it.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 04:34 AM
link   

edit on 1/29/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 04:45 AM
link   

edit on 1/29/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I think I can explain what's going on in this thread and in general with the mind set here. Joe Biden is President, and his weak response to the recent attacks is what brought this current attack on. Death of US service members was inevitable and more will come, if we don't make a decisive move directly on Iran. Joe Biden (sorry to keep bringing him up, but he's the guy in charge right now) must deal directly with Iran to stop this from escalating more. That comes from listening to military advisors giving their opinions. It could be wrong, but the current direction of appeasement is not working.

I don't know how pointing out the ineffective policies of the current admin can not be construed as a partisan attack, but it's justifiable in my opinion. At this moment in time, it appears Trump will be the republican choice, and Biden will be the democrats choice until he isn't. We can wish for Morgan Freeman to be the guy, but that's just not reality. At this moment in time, many feel that Trump is the right man to turn this current ship around. He won't be around after his 4 years, so if he does well again, his VP will likely be the choice in 2028. And Gavin Newsom is looking like the choice for the left ATM. It's probably best to look forward to the 2028 election if you are vehemently against Trump. Unless something drastic happens, he will be POTUS next year. Even if it makes people sad.
edit on 29-1-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

your post reminds me of another weak president.although he was a good man, he was weak in his dealings with iran.

it also reminds me of a saying that came out back then.

nuke their ass, and take the gas.

maybe this time nukes aren't the best weapons we have for the job but the sentiment still applies. iran will never stop, their kinda like jesse jackson is my name agitation is my game. until all the iatola assahola wanna be are dead and gone.

edit on 29-1-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   
double

edit on 29-1-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Biden isn't making any decisions about this situation.

This is the consequences of the permanent bureaucracy and advisors/Cabinet.

The decisions are being made Blinkin, Susan Rice, the Iranian spies placed in the State and Defense Depts., etc..

They hate America, they are not looking out for our interests, and they are absolutely unconcerned about the deaths of our troops.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join