It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First US troops killed in Mideast since start of Gaza war

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
We have dead and injured soldiers, and all we get from the White House is "words".

What realistic and measured response should have taken place in the less then 24 hours since the attack?

It would be interesting to see what the average response time, from a military perspective was, over the past 5 Presidents.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:06 PM
link   

edit on 28-1-2024 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

We have dead and injured soldiers, and all we get from the White House is "words".

What realistic and measured response should have taken place in the less then 24 hours since the attack?

It would be interesting to see what the average response time, from a military perspective was, over the past 5 Presidents.

I don't know if you have ever served, but there are contingency plans that could have taken place 5 minutes after the attack.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

If you say so though it is interesting how you left out the next section where I mentioned TGP and how at the time they weren't covering it. Clearly, this indicates how partisan I am.

"TGP has no mention of this event or the reply from the POTUS that could be simply due to the fact that news is still coming to light over this event and for some reason they are taking longer."

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   

If you say so though it is interesting how you left out the next section where I mentioned TGP and how at the time they weren't covering it. Clearly, this indicates how partisan I am.

"TGP has no mention of this event or the reply from the POTUS that could be simply due to the fact that news is still coming to light over this event and for some reason they are taking longer."

Glad you read my post.
Unfortunately, I posted it before I saw DTOM's warning...and since deleted it.

My opinion of your OP and the partisanship it reflects, still holds true.
edit on 28-1-2024 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Thanks for the DM.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I don't know if you have ever served, but there are contingency plans that could have taken place 5 minutes after the attack.

Do you happen to know what any of those contingency plans are or were so I can research them understanding as much as possible from a civilian perpsective?

In doing some initial research a recent event from a past POTUS would be the rocket attack that occurred in Iraq in 2020. The attack occurred on March 11 and on March 12 the POTUS authorized the military to respond.

en.wikipedia.org...

Timing wise the response played out in this manner with the POTUS giving the military approval to act first then 2 response scenarios played out.

President Donald Trump has authorized the U.S. military to respond to Wednesday's rocket attack in Iraq that killed two American troops and a British service member, the Pentagon said on Thursday, blaming Iran-backed militia.

www.reuters.com...

RESPONSE 1 (within 24 hours)
"On 11 March, three warplanes targeted the area near the Syrian town of Al-Bukamal and Iraq's Al-Anbar province, which resulted in only material damage, with no casualties"

RESPONSE 2 (3 days later)
"On 13 March after midnight, the U.S. launched air raids against Kata'ib Hezbollah facilities in Karbala, and other militia groups under the Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF) in Babylon.[2] The raids killed three Iraqi soldiers, two policemen and one civilian. 11 Iraqi soldiers were wounded as well as five PMF fighters.[10]"

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2024pAmerica/Chicago3106-06:00PM by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Do you happen to know what any of those contingency plans are or were so I can research them understanding as much as possible from a civilian perpsective?

Any military contingency response plans would be highly classified.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

No, I am not a Defense Secretary nor am I the president.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I was told Trump would lead us into world war 3 by the guy whos seeing multiple conflicts erupt globally.

Not to mention that you yourself are significantly partisan....

You should create a thread complaining about whoever said that then because it sure as hell isn't me.

The only thing I am partisan to is giving the facts from both Left and Right sources when possible.

If you want to think I support either party more than the other, have at it. If you want to think I feel Biden is better than Trump or Trump is better than Biden, good on you. I'll still shake your hand and be the first to celebrate with you when someone who doesn't have a last name of Trump or Biden is elected President.

Don't make the OP if you can't take the heat .

Several post in a row you are complaining about the reply's in the very OP you started .

2. OP Ends with me saying I had no issue with the initial response of the POTUS but only time would tell if his words were honest.

That is the only part that I responded to because that statement alone shows the absolute naivety of your mind .

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:38 PM
link   

So we can't really validate statements like what prompted my question.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:38 PM
link   

A look inside Joe Biden's garage might turn them up.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Now you're just being obtuse.
Do you need me to explain to you what that means?

link   

Fine.

We'll just have to call the Chinese then.

link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: JinMI

I was told Trump would lead us into world war 3 by the guy whos seeing multiple conflicts erupt globally.

Not to mention that you yourself are significantly partisan....

You should create a thread complaining about whoever said that then because it sure as hell isn't me.

The only thing I am partisan to is giving the facts from both Left and Right sources when possible.

If you want to think I support either party more than the other, have at it. If you want to think I feel Biden is better than Trump or Trump is better than Biden, good on you. I'll still shake your hand and be the first to celebrate with you when someone who doesn't have a last name of Trump or Biden is elected President.

Don't make the OP if you can't take the heat .

Several post in a row you are complaining about the reply's in the very OP you started .

2. OP Ends with me saying I had no issue with the initial response of the POTUS but only time would tell if his words were honest.

That is the only part that I responded to because that statement alone shows the absolute naivety of your mind .

For someone who cant take the heat I've done a good job running away right. I mean its not like I sent a PM to one of the posters here giving the 12 threads i replied to in the MP so we can see which one shows how partisan I am.

Oh no, a rando on a "Conspiracy" site thinks my mind is naive.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Narcissism is not a very becoming Trait mate.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Now you're just being obtuse.
Do you need me to explain to you what that means?

You can explain that if you want but it is not necessary since I had to learn what classified means as a part of my career.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Narcissism is not a very becoming Trait mate.

LOL right on.

Getting back on topic as this thread ahs devolved into nothing relevant to the OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join