It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Children sing The Friendship Song 2023 - It's not Friendly but it is Telling

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FullHeathen
a reply to: Xtrozero

I was comparing the sensitivities of those who loved a classic Israeli song, with how it was re-written as a sort of parody.

Just imagine if someone re-wrote a classic American song like:

Like Weird Al..

I would like to know more of the context it is in. We both know there are extremists on all sides that do crazy crap as to what we would call it. When their numbers are small they are more annoying than anything else, when they are mass in size then we have a real problem.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreCoyoteAngels

not really I spoke my mind, and there is a reason why I put question marks...

like that, the words could come out of your mouth, but instead you choose to feel attacked. Why?

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: marg6043

Really, this is news but the darn horrendous propaganda of hamas is not?

Of course it is, propaganda is propaganda, the disturbing thing to me is, it's on par in it's creepy belligerence...

It's creepier.

There were singing the song with such a lack of emotion - like killing an entire race of people is the same as plowing fields.

It's a sign the children (and the adults who taught them the song) have dehumanized people.

I worry about cute little children calming singing about genocide more than I worry about someone shouting aggressively.

And I see the same attitude with posts here and on twitter. Comments like "so what - it's war", "they started it", "FA & FO".

Same attitude as sociopaths - it's the calm, calculating indifference that's dangerous.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Insurrectile

It would make a difference if Hamas edited the captions.... wouldnt it?

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2v2

Ever watch kids singing the following:

and the rockets red glare, their bombs bursting in air, gave proof to the night, that our flag was still there....

Looked the same to me.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: gortex

The video might be real, is the translation real though?

www.jewishpress.com...

Background:

The late poet Haim Gouri’s song “Ha’Re’ut” (Friendship) was written one year following the outbreak of Israel’s 1948 War of Liberation and commemorates the fallen soldiers. Gouri, who fought in the Palmach and wrote many of Israel’s beloved songs, mostly from a left-wing Zionist point of view, used stirring phrases, such as “Friendship sanctified with blood” to express his longing for the 6,000 Israelis who sacrificed their lives to create the Jewish State.

Already a year, and we almost didn’t notice / How the time has passed in our fields / Already a year, and few of us remain / So many are no longer among us.

On Sunday, they posted an updated version of Gouri’s masterpiece, sung by children ages 6 to 12, all of whom have been evacuated from the Gaza envelope settlements. The new song was produced by the Rosenbaum Communications group, with new lyrics by Ofer Rosenbaum and Shulamit Stolero. The title was replaced by “We Are the Children of the Victory Generation.”

On the Gaza beach the autumn night is descending.
Planes are bombing, ruin follows ruin.
See the IDF crossing the borderline
To annihilate the Swastika carriers.
In one more year
There won’t be anything left there,
And we’ll return safely to our home.
In one more year
We’ll eliminate them all and go back to plowing our fields.

And we’ll remember all of them
With their handsome visage and forelocks,
Because friendship such as this will never
Permit our hearts to forget.
Love sanctified with blood
will once more bloom among us.

Now there are no more words
And our soul continues to scream,
For our soul is not only yearning,
For our soul is also fighting today.
One nation,
The eternal nation will never end.
And we’ll keep guarding our home,
We won’t be quiet and we’ll show the world
How today we destroy our enemies.

And we’ll remember all of them
With their handsome visage and forelocks,
Because friendship such as this will never
Permit our hearts to forget.
Love sanctified with blood
will once more bloom among us.

Don't think Israel cares what the world thinks of the way they fight wars...
edit on 22-11-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   

No, it's totally different. The star spangled banner is about the British bombing our Fort - the bombs were from the other side.

It's not the same as singing about killing everyone.
And it wasn't during a time when the "other side's" children were being killed.

Again, the fact you can't differentiate the meaning and think about it during the context of the current events, shows you do not think Palestinians are human.

edit on 22-11-2023 by Daughter2v2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Read these lyrics.

"In one more year
There won’t be anything left there,
And we’ll return safely to our home.
In one more year
We’ll eliminate them all and go back to plowing our fields."

This isn't anti-Israel propaganda. This is the direct words from Israel and what they are teaching to their children.

I believe what's going on in Gaza is genocide because Israel is explicitly saying it's genocide.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Do you think declaring someone as not believing Palestinians are human might be a personal attack against the ToS?

I think we should find out.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Well, Jews will have to kill 2 Billion Muslims to commit genocide.

Muslims will only have to kill 20 Million Jews. Muslims have a very strong head start in the genocide war.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Why should that matter? Hillter's perfect ideal only made up about 10% of the world but he still tried.

What he did was still genocide and it's still genocide in Gaza.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   

the United Nations Genocide Convention defined genocide as any of five "acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group". These five acts were: killing members of the group, causing them serious bodily or mental harm, imposing living conditions intended to destroy the group, preventing births, and forcibly transferring children out of the group. Victims are targeted because of their real or perceived membership of a group, not randomly.[1][2]

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I think you are right but the poem as a whole isnt nearly as troubling as the bit that the clip purports to be of. kind of like I guess if you focus on Rebellious Scots to quell in God save the King

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Im so tired of arguing definitions of words with people that keep changing them.

You win. Jews want to kill all the Muslims/Arabs/Persians in the world, not the other way around.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2v2

Why should that matter? Hillter's perfect ideal only made up about 10% of the world but he still tried.

his country was the most populous in Europe though so vastly different to the position Israelis are in

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2v2

Why aren't they attacking the West Bank?

If you're going to claim Palestinian Genocide, Israel is leaving 2.7 million completely alone, and letting them answer phone surveys about their support of Hamas and PIJ. And have the freedom to watch bias programming and hate Israel all they want.

It's a strange one-pronged offensive approach, where they "ethnically cleanse" less than half through bombing/internal displacement, and just settle in the other half instead of attacking it, even though support for jihadists is higher than in Gaza.

So if we establish it's not because they are Arab or Palestinian, why are they getting cleansed in Gaza? If we can rule out Arab/Palestine (because of the West Bank not being attacked), what ELSE makes Gaza different?

If they were ethnically cleansing Palestinians the West Bank ones wouldn't have Water/Power/Media or be left alone, so there has gotta be SOMETHING that is happening in Gaza that is different, that demands it be totally f*cking steamrolled...

Couldn't be Hamas' base of operations or anything like that...

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

The video might be real, is the translation real though?

It's been out a few days I've not see anything online disputing the translation , the lyrics are Genocidal and having 6-12 year olds sing them is questionable at best , there's vindictiveness in this.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

If you're going to claim Palestinian Genocide, Israel is leaving 2.7 million completely alone

Leaving them completely alone? Are you kidding me? The West Bank is completely under the control of Israel. The Palestinian people can't walk down certain streets, they can't have political meetings, they can't drive on certain roads.

Just because they are Palestinian.

About 100 Palestinians are killed in the West Bank each year by Israel.

This song is representative of the disconnect between reality and how war supporters phrase things. "Oh we are leaving them along in the West Bank" when the West Bank is under total control".

It's scary - a very bad sign.

It's a large prison camp.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   

While Palestinians are able to own property and engage in business activity, their rights are seriously undermined by Israeli movement and access restrictions and the expansion of Israeli Jewish settlements, which is encouraged by the Israeli government and private groups.

But they still are allowed to answer phone surveys and support jihadist groups at 75% or higher approval rates.

Those Israel settlements will keep growing to.

It's a capitalist Manifest destiny type of "ethnic cleansing" (also called forced relocation). Very American. They are getting bought out systematically through imminent domain and restricted to enter Israel settlements. They "took control" of the land in 1967, anyway. By rules of war, it's theirs to settle, they just didn't until more recently.

But Palestinians are still allowed to exist, mostly unkilled by Israel too.

And I support the lyrics of that song. I think Israeli should view Hamas controlled territory such as Gaza in that way. They have their "evil-doers" to sing about destroying now.

It's not Palestinian, anyway. It's like ISIS controlled territory. It seriously is Hamas-centric.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join