It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 22nd Anniversary of the 9-11 Attacks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

A Moment of Silence for all those who perished on that Day.....

May they all Rest in Peace.

911memorial.org...

The National September 11 Memorial & Museum leads the nation, and the world, in marking the anniversary of the day that changed our lives forever.

The 22nd anniversary commemoration ceremony will take place on the Memorial plaza and focus on an in-person reading of the names by family members. Throughout the ceremony, we will observe six moments of silence, acknowledging when each of the World Trade Center towers was struck and fell and the times of the attack on the Pentagon and the crash of Flight 93.

www.911memorial.org...

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Still seems surreal. I was deployed when it happened. We were visiting another base belonging to another nation, the lt.col. was in a meeting with their CO over logistics when some guys came in and said, "Americans, Americans, come watch TV!"

We went to their mess hall and watched, in disbelief, as the second plane hit. We all thought we were watching some movie. We pulled the colonel out of the meeting and headed back to base immediately for a multi week lockdown.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Disbelief on that day, for sure.
One of the days in my life that I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing.

And thank you for your service.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I was building a million dollar motor home for a Saudi Arabian prince when it happened. More that one joke was passed around the shop about painting a target on top of the bus...lol

9-11 is one of those historic events that everyone remembers where they were like Kennedy, challenger etc.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It is still so vivid in my mind, yet still feels so surreal.

May all the lost Souls be at peace.

edit on 11/9/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   
We went to the memorial in Shanksville. It was very moving. In the memorial building there was a wall with phones that you could pick up and listen to the recordings of the people who had been on the plane, and who had left messages for loved ones as they knew the plane was going down. I couldn't bring myself to listen to any of them. I cried just looking at the phones knowing the voices were there.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Mahogany

Disbelief on that day, for sure.
One of the days in my life that I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing.

And thank you for your service.

I also remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. I worked at a mail fulfillment company just outside of Boston and I was working on an area college mailing, listening to talk radio when it was announced about the 1st plane. Then someone put on the tv in the break room and the second plane hit. I remember feeling overwhelming sadness for those poor souls in the buildings and on the planes. I remember what the news show I was watching while getting ready for work that morning was discussing too. It was all about Chandra Levy and Gary Condit.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I found ATS on 9/11....

I literally probably wouldn't even be on this website if it weren't for this day 22 years ago. I specifically remember ATS being the first to say it was Osama Bin Laden, before any news stations reported it.

Never forget that day and never stop asking questions!

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Working as a comms rsch(espionage) it was my day shift in my first year after my qualification course we had a radio on I didn't knew what the WTC was or what the hell was happening so I went to another section and notified them that this was on going. Shortly after the whole station lit up people was looking for targets etc I was in the middle of it and luckyly I found one and that task was still on going when I left the station. I can't tell of what we were actually doing, but # went from a normal regular day to bat # crazy I kinda liked the action myself.

While I'm sceptical about what happened in 911 I give my moment of respect for the people that died that day.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If there are timelines this is where my generation split from its assigned path, no doubt affecting millions of lives differently than if the event was absent.

All the conspiracies from 9/11 are what turned me from a lurker to a member, have read more about jet fuel and melting temps than I ever thought I would.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I had finished my graveyard shift at the steel mill, and was chatting with people on Yahoo voicechat, when someone informed us what was happening. We all flipped on the news too. I had go to bed later and expected that the fires would be put out when I awoke. To my amazment the towers were gone when I got up.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Still makes me cry. Still makes me angry for its self righteous minded slaughter... of people that knew they were running into death.

Nothing humanizes that day like a documentary focusing on the FDNY response. It's seems more traumatizing then war, because death is expected in war. Burns are expected with firefighting, death a granted possibility.

The graphic, disturbing, and real stories of that day turn every documentary I watch into a humanizing tear fest.

Still not any less impactful 22 years later.
edit on 11-9-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I was a bastard kid, i rolled into class in my 11th grade year stoned and late as all hell. I came in during my 3rd period math class and saw the room was dark and the tv was on. I came in and saw the 2nd plane crash. It wasn’t long after that I joind the USMC dep program and left for the marines 2 weeks after graduating. Ill never forget.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   

9/11 Brought me back into military service.

It sure changed the career arc of my life and those of my wife and children.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

I remember you rolling in here, wheels on fire, hell bent for action. Glad we could keep your attention for a bit brother.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Anyone who needs a refresher.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I was at my wife's cousin's law office doing some IT work. We watched it on a little 12" TV with an antenna. I was worried about my parents in Cleveland, as both of them were downtown that day, and usually weren't. My military service was over, but that was a surreal day. I remember the day after being so eerily quiet with no planes, almost no cars, and everyone quietly in shock. the temperature was pleasant and the sky was Carolina blue.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   

My son and I didn't have cable, hardly ever watched TV.
His ex girlfriend called from two states away.
TV reception was crap.
Went down to a sandwich shop about 2 miles away with a TV.
Saw the first tower collapse.

There were about 30 people there watching.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 07:03 PM
link   
On my way to work, the second plane had just hit and most people pulled over on the expressway and we just sat there a while.

The boss of our company was on the American flight at Logan scheduled to go to LA. He got a call that said his meeting was postponed, so he walked off before the plane left the gate. Incredible.

Talk about some mixed emotions...

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

That was an interesting passenger list. He missed the same flight as Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy) and Mark Walberg. A "small world" group of people missed that flight. Too many to not immediately think of some type of grace.
edit on 11-9-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join