It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WEF Public Must Consume Human Waste to Fight Climate Change

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck yeah a bunch of kids got ecoli years in California from school turned out the cafeteria had bought a bunch of strawberries that had been grown in Mexico and fertilized with poop from people.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

One problem with supposed decisions like this is the differences between countries, as there's not only a huge difference between rich and poor countries, even richer countries have very different situations, like drug use, for example.

That's why things like this cannot be considered a global solution to a problem, as not only the problem is not the same in the whole world (in many countries eating meat has always been a luxury) but also the solution has to be applied in different ways, otherwise it will not work as expected.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonah1970

E. coli exists in all warm blood animals, no need for human excrements to catch E. coli.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 06:15 AM
link   
One thing: US astronauts aboard the ISS have been drinking recycled air moisture and urine for several years.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Indeed, one size fits all is usually because nobody wants to do that hard and expensive work of proving things make sense. A lot of the entire green agenda is one size fits all type advocacy instead of rational decisions based on individual assessments of the needs versus the resources.

It's a shame that resources have been squandered on war and enriching the already rich instead of advancing the study of these things in earnest years ago. Everybody was too busy siphoning off money to bother planning.

Now they say it's our fault and are trying to avoid the hard work of proving any of their nonsense works for me or my community. I am supposed to literally and figuratively eat crap and die, and that's like their whole plan across the board.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Satan's minion are alive and well

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Can I call it or can I call it? I just mentioned this in a post I made earlier this week, except I said they'd have dung beetles consume human feces and then have us eat the beetles. That the bug farmers would get together with the municipal waste plants with the FDA's approval in order to make us eat our own feces. Well, I was right once again, why doesn't anyone listen? Why didn't I make that bet? I could use the money.

But cricket might be pretty good to eat and June Bug larva seems nice and juicy too, but how long until someone gets the bright idea to serve dung beetles that will eat human excrement? You wait and see, the FDA will approve this in a heartbeat if some human-consumption insect farms begin working with municipal sewage companies. They will eventually make us eat our own feces one way or the other, I'd put money on that one.

The World Economic Forum (WEF) is urging governments around the globe to begin recycling “human waste” for public consumption to fight “climate change.” The plan involves diverting human feces and urine captured from sewage back into the food supply.

The effort is being promoted to tackle “global warming” by reducing the alleged “carbon emissions” from food production. The WEF, which is pressuring mainstream media outlets to begin pushing the narrative, is attempting to convince the public that eating our own feces and drinking our own urine is an essential part of fighting climate change.

Link to Article

Is everyone OK with this then? Has everyone had enough and is finally ready to fight this crap (literally) tooth and nail?

So where is the link to the WEF saying anything? All I see here is some rando on the internet telling us what the WEF wants..

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Great responses to the thread, I thank you all for your participation. It reminds me of the good old days here at ATS.

I'd like to offer a disclaimer. I understand and accept that manure is nature's fertilizer, but man will take shortcuts when imitating natural processes. We want the simplest, fastest, and cheapest solutions we can come up with and if money can be made in the process, we consider this the best way to go.

Traditionally, animal manure is used on the farm for food production. Horse, cow, pig, and my favorite chicken manure are the natural fertilizers of choice. However, the corporate farming method of using manure, like pig manure, is to make a slurry fresh from the animals and spray it out on large farm fields. Whereas the traditional small independent family farmer would pile it in an area designated for manure that wouldn't leak or spill out into a pond or seep into a drinking water well. These manure piles will have bedding straw, hay, and dirt mixed in and are more like organic mulch piles. This will then be broken down over time due to weather (sun and rain mostly), insects, and microbes to be well on its way to becoming soil before it gets used as fertilizer.

These traditional methods when combined with free-ranging animals create a closed system that recycles the resources on the farm and is considered "sustainable farming". Otherwise, with corporate farming methods, you are overloading the system with material from outside the farm, something that is wasteful that creates a strong, long-lasting stench along with creating the greenhouse gas methane. If this manure were to be processed into usable methane along the way, then that greenhouse gas will be reduced and put to good use on the farm.

Now, traditional methods aside, it is quite true that human feces contains unnatural chemistry with things like heavy metals and endocrine disruptors that are hard and expensive to remove. Perhaps the traditional methods can over time break these compounds down to safe levels, but humans are too impatient and unwilling to add the additional expenses of doing so. The corporate farms would rather spay everything with fresh poop than do any processing at all. I'm sure they'd be just fine having the honey wagon dump their tanks of fresh human waste directly on the farm fields.

A local cow manure-to-fertilizer plant here about has a jingle, "Healthy plants come from healthy soil, healthy soil comes from Dairy Doo." My shameless plug for a local business

edit on 2-7-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

Can I call it or can I call it? I just mentioned this in a post I made earlier this week, except I said they'd have dung beetles consume human feces and then have us eat the beetles. That the bug farmers would get together with the municipal waste plants with the FDA's approval in order to make us eat our own feces. Well, I was right once again, why doesn't anyone listen? Why didn't I make that bet? I could use the money.

But cricket might be pretty good to eat and June Bug larva seems nice and juicy too, but how long until someone gets the bright idea to serve dung beetles that will eat human excrement? You wait and see, the FDA will approve this in a heartbeat if some human-consumption insect farms begin working with municipal sewage companies. They will eventually make us eat our own feces one way or the other, I'd put money on that one.

The World Economic Forum (WEF) is urging governments around the globe to begin recycling “human waste” for public consumption to fight “climate change.” The plan involves diverting human feces and urine captured from sewage back into the food supply.

The effort is being promoted to tackle “global warming” by reducing the alleged “carbon emissions” from food production. The WEF, which is pressuring mainstream media outlets to begin pushing the narrative, is attempting to convince the public that eating our own feces and drinking our own urine is an essential part of fighting climate change.

Link to Article

Is everyone OK with this then? Has everyone had enough and is finally ready to fight this crap (literally) tooth and nail?

So where is the link to the WEF saying anything? All I see here is some rando on the internet telling us what the WEF wants..

You have ignored the two previous posts I have made addressing this very issue. I will not retype that just because you're too lazy to read the less than three pages of this thread. Why don't you try and find it as I did and come back here and say what I have already posted twice?

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Is is it just me or has ATS become a dumping ground for articles of interest without source information to give a reference to the members here at ATS for further investigation and analysis?

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Years ago I used to work with the vulnerable population of developmentally challenged young adults who also had severe mental health challenges. A very humbling experience.

Unfortunately, one individual I worked with had a behavior of removing feces from themselves and eating it. This was a challenging behavior to work with, among many others, trying to dissuade them from doing so, while also promoting being clean and healthy. It generally seemed to be an uphill battle.

Little did I know at the time that they were so ahead of the curve.

Seriously though. To have this behavior of consuming one's feces and urine promoted on...well, any scale, let alone a global scale is, once again, TPTB literally promoting poor mental and bodily health. There is a reason we excrete the waste from our bodies.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: spaceflyr
Is is it just me or has ATS become a dumping ground for articles of interest without source information to give a reference to the members here at ATS for further investigation and analysis?

That seems to be the case and I will admit that I have jumped the gun with this one and that is part of the problem. Having come to this conclusion earlier, I put up the thread without being sure it had a verified source for their claims. My bad and I will be more vigilant in the future and at the very least warn the reader of the dubious information upon the first post.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Concerning the safety of human feces as fertilizer from a link I got from Infolurker's post on another forum . . .

Sewage sludge is created by all of the human waste flushed down the toilet and sinks -- which includes all the pharmaceutical residues the men, women, and children in the city using the sewage system use -- and all the material corporations flush down the drain, which can include industrial materials, solvents, medical waste, and other chemicals. The water is removed from the sludge, and it is heated to kill certain bacteria, but the heating of the sewage sludge does not remove metals, flame retardants (which California recently listed as a carcinogen, or cancer-causing agent), and other chemicals that remain in the sewage sludge when food crops are grown in it.
In addition to flame retardants and metals, sewage sludge has been shown to contain toxic substances and other contaminants such as endocrine disruptors, pharmaceutical residues, phthalates, industrial solvents, resistant pathogens, and perfluorinated compounds. Some of these contaminants can "bioaccumulate" in plants grown in sludge-contaminated soil and remain as residue on vegetables in contact with the soil. These plants are then eaten by children and adults.

Link to Article

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is what common wastewater treatment plants do in Portugal.

You can see that at the end they mention that:

After this treatment phase, the sludge can be safely used as fertilizer in agriculture or used in the fuel sector.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

If this manure were to be processed into usable methane along the way, then that greenhouse gas will be reduced and put to good use on the farm.

Some wastewater treatment plants in Portugal do that, they produce electricity by burning the gases that come from the treatment process.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Well, that's good if you're in Portugal and I'm sure if must be similar in any 1st world country, but that doesn't mean there aren't any farms that wouldn't use untreated human waste.

This happened in my own state . . .

Michigan consumers warned of produce contaminated with human waste By News Desk on October 4, 2022 The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) is advising consumers not to eat any Kuntry Gardens produce or products containing produce from Kuntry Gardens of Homer, MI, because it may be contaminated with raw, untreated human waste . . .

During a routine produce safety inspection, MDARD staff identified that Kuntry Gardens was using raw, untreated human waste on the fields where produce was grown for sale to local grocery stores and direct sale. The use of raw, untreated, human waste for growing commodities intended for human food is a violation of state and federal laws and regulations.
If not treated professionally, human waste and other body fluids can spread dangerous infectious diseases such as hepatitis A, Clostridium difficile, E. coli, rotavirus and norovirus.

Food Safety News

That is in addition to the chemicals and heavy metals we talked about earlier.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 07:04 PM
link   
When one visits other countries, it's usually "don't drink the water". Probably should drink the beer either.

Zoe Tidman
26 May 2022·1-min read
Singapore water agency is involved in a new beer made from recycled and treated sewage

Beer uses a lot of water. In fact, the drink is more than 90 per cent H2O.

So in a world facing an increasing threat of water shortages due to the climate crisis, Singapore has decided to do try something different to tackle the issue.

And it’s all to do with sewage.

Singapore’s water agency is rolling out a craft beer that is mostly made from wastewater.

The sewage is treated to become “ultra-clean” water, before it is used to create the tropical blonde ale.

So instead of using valuable water supplies, the 95 per cent water part of the beer is all recycled.

Singapore already treats sewage to create NEWater, which then gets pumped back into the system and is mainly used for industrial and air-conditioning purposes.

Its national water board says it does this to cushion water supply against dry weather.

During dry periods, the recycled sewage gets added to reservoirs, before the water there is treated and used as tap water.

NEWBrew - a craft beer which describes itself as having a “toasted, honey-like aftertaste” - is another way of keeping Singapore hydrated while protecting its water supplies.

sg.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   

...variations of that have been done for many centuries.

That's understating it. Agriculture has been doing this since the development of farming.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
This is what common wastewater treatment plants do in Portugal.

You can see that at the end they mention that:

After this treatment phase, the sludge can be safely used as fertilizer in agriculture or used in the fuel sector.

That's not evidence it's actually safe. That's something a website developer was told to put on a government site.

I was a regulator of wastewater treatment and disposal and was licensed to design these systems. I already mentioned I inspected sites where this was actually done. They're testing for nitrates, not human hormones or industrial waste. The guidelines for application of these materials are about a single nutrient and the broader rules also only account for a tiny range of what's found in human waste. Everything else is based on the false premise that prior studies were adequate. It not safe just because nothing has happened yet, that needs study to assert.

Most of the wastewater treatment parameters and the effluent contaminants used to determine those parameters were created before people were being prescribed hormones as a routine part of the healthcare. It was before people started consuming industrial waste products and myriad pesticides as part of their food supply. In some cases the data is from before I was born. It was a long time ago and many government standards and protocols are equally outdated. It's because they have been captured by corporate interests, the money to conduct studies is going toward programs that are themselves just siphons for the politically connected with token benefits to the public, and anybody asking questions is some manner of villain. Nobody wants to know how their cash cows are poisoning the population, so if the population doesn't ask nobody will.

Safety for the water it's being released into has nothing to do with safety for the finished product entering the food chain. If you ask an environmentalist if sewage treatment effluent should be put in waterways they'll tell you no. You ask if it should be placed in landfills they'll tell you too dangerous. Now, in 2023, they'll tell you the concentrated contaminants from that process are safe for human food production. It's an absurd parody of science to make these claims right now, but if they can prove it I'm totally on board.

This is largely a political issue, which is the intent now because it means nothing has to be proven or make sense to have zealous support. Those that are alt-left or alt-right will not view the data objectively and simply defend or dispute whatever is perceived to be the right or wrong sides respectively. If NGOs put their money into beneficial things instead of astroturfing social media, buying politicians, and funding civil unrest, we may not be in the situation we are.
edit on 7/2/23 by Ksihkehe because: Typos

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

"Soylent Brown! It's Poople! IT'S POOPLE!"

I can't stop laughing because I can hear Charlton Heston yelling that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join