It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Agenda: Eat insects to save the world from catastrophic climate change

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

ever heard of mad cow disease? your double cheeseburger is plenty capable of harbouring all sorts of lethal microbes

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

originally posted by: Turquosie

I don't see how suggesting differn't avenues to address hunger and resources is "woke nonsense". If insects are healthy for us, why not give it a go? Furthermore, if one wants to address the many issues of mass produces livestock, why not consider eating much more veggies? Plenty of protein there as well..

Or do as they did in wartime and promote the home raising of rabbits for meat. Along with cavies, quail, pigeons, chickens etc. Small animals are great as many can eat scraps or compost as a big part of their diet in a pinch.

that'd be promoting the wrong answer.. and listening carefully you can hear the progressive ideologues as they all have one answer from the same thinking/

we saw something similar in the 1920s/30s in uk the doctors would smash the cast iron cookware to try and force the poor to eat veggies as they hated them eating meat.

people point to hitler as a veggie but reality is it was a prevalent progressive at the time like euthanise the poor, the vulnerable and sick., it was a desperate need to force compliance as liberalism came to its last gasp.. the thing is if neither hitler or stalin had created camps the liberals where already thinking of them years beforehand to remove the wrong types and save the human race..

the people today are no different, they also lack the ability to see the world outside the liberal worldview so your suggestion which is what'lll actually happen will be rejected out of hand.

edit on 28-6-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

ever heard of mad cow disease? your double cheeseburger is plenty capable of harbouring all sorts of lethal microbes

wouldn't that be a warning of what happens when you adopt mad science and the risks of ultra processed foods..

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   

The USDA inspects meat during processing and recalls anything that gets through. No such system has been proposed for food insects. No one has even studied the possibility of disease and parasites in farm raised insects that I have heard of. Wild game animals have plenty of diseases and parasites, my favorite parasites being ticks.

You need to use common sense with food safety, but anything produced on a huge corporate farm can be tainted and diseased in much larger numbers than on a family farm or the few game animals you took during hunting season. Roadkill is a bad idea. Found dead in the woods, bad idea. Nice healthy deer you take hunting season, good to go. Bessy the cow given personal attention on a family farm, good to go.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

given that the factor farmers, meat or insects are out to max profits it'll all be ultra processed and risks repeating the mad science that led to CJD..

i'd believe the green lobby if it was pushing for healthy food rather than ever more ever intensive ultra processed factory farming..

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Rarely an issue in our days. Mostly seems to have been exaggerated by the media. If it was an issue then we would have seen hundreds or even thousands of people dropping dead from the disease but we don't.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Not for me, no shade on cultures that do eat them, but it's not for me.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Nothing strange about it as nations on Earth have been eating insects for centuries - maybe even since human/reptilian foraging began.

In recent years, there has been a revived interest in entomophagy. Honey-pot ants, mealworms, and crickets appeal to the Australian audience. People here are willing to experience new things, not that eating insects is a novelty. Australian people have been consuming bugs as food for centuries now. Examples of dishes include roasted cockroaches and honey-flavored ants.

www.insectgourmet.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Nothing strange about it as nations on Earth have been eating insects for centuries - maybe even since human/reptilian foraging began.

In recent years, there has been a revived interest in entomophagy. Honey-pot ants, mealworms, and crickets appeal to the Australian audience. People here are willing to experience new things, not that eating insects is a novelty. Australian people have been consuming bugs as food for centuries now. Examples of dishes include roasted cockroaches and honey-flavored ants.

www.insectgourmet.com...

Not the nation I am coming from. I don't think the westerners are used to insects.

Btw when was the last time you had insects? Here in the west we prefer our good double cheeseburger please. We don't have an appetite for insects and worms.

Btw, providing a link isn't going to change reality....
edit on 28-6-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

www.insectgourmet.com...

Not the nation I am coming from. I don't think the westerners are used to insects.

Btw when was the last time you had insects? Here in the west we prefer our good double cheeseburger please. We don't have an appetite for insects and worms.

The link I provided are other nations' reality.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

www.insectgourmet.com...

It doesn't change the fact here in the US and in most other countries people don't eat insects.

When was the last time you had insects? For breakfast, lunch, dinner. I very much doubt anyone on these threads had tried insects.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   

www.insectgourmet.com...

It doesn't change the fact here in the US and in most other countries people don't eat insects.

When was the last time you had insects? For breakfast, lunch, dinner. I very much doubt anyone on these threads had tried insects.

Well top restaurants in the US are going in that direction. Here's another link for US reality.

wikitravel.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

www.insectgourmet.com...

Well top restaurants in the US are going in that direction. Here's another link for US reality.

wikitravel.org...

They may have it. But how many people eating them?

Did you have any?

I doubt most of us will go to a top restaurant to eat insects. Most people wouldn't be able to afford them even if they wanted to try.
edit on 28-6-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   

www.insectgourmet.com...

wikitravel.org...

Did you have any?

I doubt most of us will go to a top restaurant to eat insects. Most people wouldn't be able to afford them even if they wanted to try.

Sometimes I think the 'strange agenda' is in keeping everything just the way it is when it is harming the environment and torturing animals before we kill them.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   

www.insectgourmet.com...

wikitravel.org...

Did you have any?

Sometimes I think the 'strange agenda' is in keeping everything just the way it is when it is harming the environment and torturing animals before we kill them.

I suppose you never had insects just as probably all of us here.

There is a difference between what a top restaurant may offer in its menu and what we eat. Top restaurants offering lobster which is delicious but very expensive and most people can't afford it. But possibly they can get one at their local fish market. Still expensive.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   

www.insectgourmet.com...

wikitravel.org...

Did you have any?

Did you forget humans are omnivores? No evidence is there we need to change our eating habits to save the world. It's just another woke idea.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   

www.insectgourmet.com...

wikitravel.org...

Did you have any?

There is a difference between what a top restaurant may offer in its menu and what we eat. Top restaurants offering lobster which is delicious but very expensive and most people can't afford it. But possibly they can get one at their local fish market. Still expensive.

I tried chocolate covered ants and a taste of a cricket meal a very long time ago. Back then the chefs were not imaginative but today's chefs have many tricks up their sleeves to incorporate the protein in such a way as if you weren't told you were eating insects, you would never know.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   

www.insectgourmet.com...

wikitravel.org...

Did you have any?

Did you forget humans are omnivores? No evidence is there we need to change our eating habits to save the world. It's just another woke idea.

All we need is B12 and insects are rich in that, so there is your omnivore component.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   

www.insectgourmet.com...

wikitravel.org...

Did you have any?

I tried chocolate covered ants and a taste of a cricket meal a very long time ago. Back then the chefs were not imaginative but today's chefs have many tricks up their sleeves to incorporate the protein in such a way as if you weren't told you were eating insects, you would never know.

Hmmm....

So you will be going to a top restaurant quite often to have insects? Suppose you can afford the price.
Do you think anyone will follow you?

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   

www.insectgourmet.com...

wikitravel.org...

Did you have any?

Hmmm....

So you will be going to a top restaurant quite often to have insects? Suppose you can afford the price.
Do you think anyone will follow you?

Hmm...

I don't go to restaurants much because the food is subpar compared to my home cooking. Who knows? Never say never.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join