It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Agenda: Eat insects to save the world from catastrophic climate change

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
In many places around the world people have been eating bugs for thousands of years. To us it sounds yuck because that is what we were taught. They are a good source of protein, and for those who are into 'survival' it's not a bad idea to know which one you can eat, how to prepare, etc... just as for edible plants and flowers.

(it 'bugs' me when I watch post-apocalyptic-survival- shows on tv and everyone is half starving while there are edible, vitamin rich 'weeds' right at their feet!)

a while back my daughter brought home insect protein bars, just to taste them. Honestly, when you don't know what it is, there is nothing about it that taste like bug... nuts maybe... they are really not that bad

it's what you are used to...

there is a reason why they put it in a bar or shape vegan food like meat..

if the vegans really wanted vegan food they'd not be eating imitation meat products..

i've know people who were vegan for years, looking at the 1980s and then one day chicken a grill or over an open fire a d they're tearing it apart with their teeth, my older sister was one such person proving we cant escape our humanity in the same way the modern lot have to have imitation meat to not eat real meat..

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FishsticksAndKetchup

The old cigarette advertisements would claim that smoking was healthy and an expectorant that brought up phlegm.

One aspect of this bug thing is diseases and parasites that are borne by bugs. I've bought a lot of farm grown crickets and the biggest cricket farm sells sick crickets with half that are dead and decaying. You can put them in a clean cage, give them food and water and they will still be dead in about two weeks. I found one company that sells healthy crickets and every cricket is alive when I get them. I can keep them alive for over a month.

Wild field crickets and other insects could be carrying even more diseases and parasites than the farm grown ones. But cricket might be pretty good to eat and June Bug larva seems nice and juicy too, but how long until someone gets the bright idea to serve dung beetles that will eat human excrement? You wait and see, the FDA will approve this in a heartbeat if some human-consumption insect farms begin working with municipal sewage companies. They will eventually make us eat our own feces one way or the other, I'd put money on that one.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

there is a reason why they put it in a bar or shape vegan food like meat..

if the vegans really wanted vegan food they'd not be eating imitation meat products..

i've know people who were vegan for years, looking at the 1980s and then one day chicken a grill or over an open fire a d they're tearing it apart with their teeth, my older sister was one such person proving we cant escape our humanity in the same way the modern lot have to have imitation meat to not eat real meat..

I think that's bs.

we almost stopped completely eating red meat about two years ago when my husband had to go on a diet urgently. So first we only ate white meat (poultry) and lots of fish (which was really just about changing habits) and once in a while a little piece of pork. After a while some of us started to dislike red meat (it actually tastes like 'dead animal to me). When I walk past a restaurant and smell the grill it really smells great! But once I taste it I'm done eating unless the taste is disguised with lots of herbs. With the right herbs and lot's of garlic you can make anything taste great (even bugs if you had to). Now I eat white meat maybe once a week and then just a tiny little bit. Sometimes fish, otherwise protein rich foods, lot's of mushrooms... not tofu or vegan things, they suck

I'm not for the idea of forcing the whole world to eat bugs though, but I don't agree that we as humans can't fight our nature to eat meat.

btw, I'm pretty sure that most people won't like red meat much longer once they start eating it without spices and without baking it in fats. Just the meat, only the meat, doesn't taste all that great

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

You mean in places where there is malnutrition and people consume less than 1,000 calories a day?

we have plenty of other food to provide us with a healthy diet

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

Strange Agenda: Eat insects to save the world from catastrophic climate change

This is MK ultra for the masses These narratives are done to create psychological responses on mass and it will work.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

" Could " reduce climate change? Could means they have no idea if it would reduce climate change... probably a Vegan or Vegetarian came up with this idea.

They'll probably introduce them slowly into our food anyway... Mcdonalds burger with a beetle thrown in

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Kids being brainwashed? They already are, they are told to eat meat without knowing how its produced, they are marketted for candy, fast food, and other junk food constantly.

Let's face it, earth has a massive human population that is increasing. Either we design more brutal factory farming that tortures animals, or we find new avenues.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I said, "If it's healthy". Some bugs are pretty nutritious. Although, I am not sure what negatives there may be. Is there a study that shows eating bugs is unhealthy?

Not sure how its demented thinking to consider eating bugs. Maybe try conversing instead of knee-jerk reactions. No one is taking away your meat anytime soon, so no need to freak out...

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   

No one is preventing you from getting a cheeseburger. I honestly don't understand the fear mongering by simply considering eating bugs or even eating a high-veggie diet. The meat industry is massive and has plenty of lobbyists. Not sure why there is this notion that meat is going to be illegal or something.

We should be considering other options that reduce factory farming. I don't see the harm in that.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie

I don't see how suggesting differn't avenues to address hunger and resources is "woke nonsense". If insects are healthy for us, why not give it a go? Furthermore, if one wants to address the many issues of mass produces livestock, why not consider eating much more veggies? Plenty of protein there as well..

how long have you been eating bugs? Because if you aren't eating bugs, you are talking out your ass.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If people want to go all Renfield and eat bugs, I say go for it.

When people start mandating it?

That's when I get to exercise my rights.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I haven't tried bugs, and note sure I will. Just discussing if its healthy and viable. I don't see the harm in that. I'm fine with eating a vegan lifestyle so i dont have any need to eat bugs. However, if there was some mass shortage in tofu, beans and rice, id probably eat crickets over livestock. Assuming eggs weren't an option.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

I have a freezer full of beef. You can have my share of bugs.

Ever wonder why a Vegan feels the need to tell everyone that they are a vegan?

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If people want to go all Renfield and eat bugs, I say go for it.

When people start mandating it?

That's when I get to exercise my rights.

It looks another round of woke mandates!
First we had the vaccines that saved the world!
Now the insects that will save the world from hunger!

You see how it goes?!

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

I haven't tried bugs, and note sure I will. Just discussing if its healthy and viable. I don't see the harm in that. I'm fine with eating a vegan lifestyle so i dont have any need to eat bugs. However, if there was some mass shortage in tofu, beans and rice, id probably eat crickets over livestock. Assuming eggs weren't an option.

Please try to get a portion with fried eggs-potatoes and a 🍺

Hohoho

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: yuppa

Lovely. You've outed yourself as canibal. And expressed your antisocial personality.
Thank you for that.

I did not do such a thing. A Cannibal craves human meat. I dont. Plenty of animals to eat and hunt. I was being a smart arse incase the sarcasm flew over your head.
Still the fact remains that The most surefire way to get offed is by taking meat away from meat eaters. Tree hugging fools who believe they know whats good for everyone are the reason we are in such a situation.

You want to eat bugs? more power to you,but dont force your crap on everyone else. The people pushing this will be surprised when they try to force this on people and find out what it feels like to be fertilizer.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

The natural fats from a steak are great without adding salt or pepper. Ate plenty of unspiced meat that was cooked.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I don't see how suggesting differn't avenues to address hunger and resources is "woke nonsense". If insects are healthy for us, why not give it a go? Furthermore, if one wants to address the many issues of mass produces livestock, why not consider eating much more veggies? Plenty of protein there as well..

Or do as they did in wartime and promote the home raising of rabbits for meat. Along with cavies, quail, pigeons, chickens etc. Small animals are great as many can eat scraps or compost as a big part of their diet in a pinch.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Sentient life are those things you call insects if you go outside and see a plant it is one of them without soil... it was going to soil to root as some kind of plant when coming out of the ground it is reverse genocide of bug spray in their consciousness if one uses weed killer they name you that and their joke is ha ha you just got smoked

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
a reply to: FishsticksAndKetchup

The old cigarette advertisements would claim that smoking was healthy and an expectorant that brought up phlegm.

One aspect of this bug thing is diseases and parasites that are borne by bugs. I've bought a lot of farm grown crickets and the biggest cricket farm sells sick crickets with half that are dead and decaying. You can put them in a clean cage, give them food and water and they will still be dead in about two weeks. I found one company that sells healthy crickets and every cricket is alive when I get them. I can keep them alive for over a month.

Wild field crickets and other insects could be carrying even more diseases and parasites than the farm grown ones. But cricket might be pretty good to eat and June Bug larva seems nice and juicy too, but how long until someone gets the bright idea to serve dung beetles that will eat human excrement? You wait and see, the FDA will approve this in a heartbeat if some human-consumption insect farms begin working with municipal sewage companies. They will eventually make us eat our own feces one way or the other, I'd put money on that one.

Very good point!
How actually you cook and eat these insects? What about the parasites and others microbes they may carry on them?

Still prefer my double cheeseburger with plenty of pickles, ketchup & mustard.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join