It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Agenda: Eat insects to save the world from catastrophic climate change

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Cute responses on how people are planning to avoid this scenario.

This future is like death and taxes, unavoidable.

I'm expecting some major farm fires/explosions, coupled with some new strains of diseases in the near future that's going to limit edible meat.

$500 for a hamburger for the rich.

People talk big when everything is normal. But when the screws tighten and you're starving, you'll eat the bugs too.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Some rich fat bastard in a suit says lower your thermostat, while he turns up the heat, he tells you to ride your bike to work, while he flies his private jet, he tells you to eat bugs while he eats paté foi gras, he tells you there are too many of you, and you should be reduced, while he enjoys “his” world, so he creates fictive dangers, viruses and wars.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 02:00 AM
link   

edit on 6/27/23 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CloneFarm1000
Cute responses on how people are planning to avoid this scenario.

This future is like death and taxes, unavoidable.

I'm expecting some major farm fires/explosions, coupled with some new strains of diseases in the near future that's going to limit edible meat.

$500 for a hamburger for the rich.

People talk big when everything is normal. But when the screws tighten and you're starving, you'll eat the bugs too.

I can't see any problem with the supply of meat and fish. There is plenty for everyone.

Whet I see is just scaremongering by some woke scientists but that's what they always do.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: AlienBorg

Calling something 'woke nonsense', even in bold, doesn't make the original argument invalid, it just shows you got nothing to counter it but feelz.

There are a lot of countries and peeps where insects are ordinary part of the diet, it's really not horrible or anything. And I can raise like 3 ish burgers in one drawer, it just does take a lot less ressources and space.

Aside from the unresolved issues our modern meat has, which is antibiotics, adrenalin from the stress of transport and killing plants, a life without dignity for the animal...

It's not like anybody tries to get rid off meat completely, but nobody really needs it, especially in the quantities it is eaten in the Western world where it's actually a health risk at this point.

But I mean you probably read the first two words of my post, got triggered and will go on a purely feelz rampage now as 'answer' to this, because there's just not a single logical or reasonable argument to defend your position...

Yes it does!

There is no problem in the supply of meat or fish. Plenty to feed the planet and we don't have to eat meat and fish everyday. I personally don't.

Woke nonsense by woke scientists but it isn't the first time. Same people trying to bring Armageddon with the climate change catastrophy.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I'll get this out of way. I'm identifying as a Muslim from here on out. It's so haram to eat such filthy creatures as insects. Going to read up on the Quran and get me a rug. Alcohol and Bacon are just the sacrifice I will have to make to keep eating all the clean animals. Them Islamophobes can just shut up about my Kobe beef.

It's your right to identify as you wish and nobody can stop you. Good choice btw

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Eating insects is something some cultures do. Perhaps encouraging those cultures to continue doing so, rather than ripping up their forests to make way for sterile grassland for cattle, or pesticide enriched soya farming. That would be a start.

Another thing we could do, as part of eating meat, is to persuade countries with poor animal welfare standards (ahem, yes that includes the US) to improve.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
a reply to: ancientlight

They're going to make it illegal to sell meat because one article correctly points out that people in the east have been enjoying a fried grasshopper snack for centuries? Got anything to back that assertion up with, chicken little?

Er yeah, if you follow what's going on in the world you'd know that in Ireland and Holland they want to cull (kill) tens of thousands of cows, based on a made up narrative and people/Farmers right now are fighting this.
Food processing plants are going up in flames at a higher rate than in previous years.

Someone did the maths and shown that cows make virtually no difference to the so called climate change. Which is a stupid name anyway as of course our climate changes regularly and always has.

Then you have Klaus Schwab's own book telling you their plans.
Children are brainwashed in believing all this quite deliberate nonsense, opposing scientists are being silenced. I'm not in a position to post links to all of this, but it's all available and easy to find.

It always amazes me when people can't see what's around the corner.
They either lack a lot of info, are super gullible or are too young to see ahead.

Why do you trust politicians so much, but not people who actually have your best interest at heart?

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: Turquosie

I don't see how suggesting differn't avenues to address hunger and resources is "woke nonsense". If insects are healthy for us, why not give it a go? Furthermore, if one wants to address the many issues of mass produces livestock, why not consider eating much more veggies? Plenty of protein there as well..

Seriously ? That is some Demented Thinking on your Part . The Human Digestive System was Not Meant to Process Insects , that is a Bold Face Untruth . Deny Ignorance ! ..........

Study says humans can digest bugs, assuming they want to
Link

First of all, it should be and stay a choice what somebody wants to eat or not!

I personally am not against eating insects but that´s mainly because i am highly curious and adventurous and tried this decades ago as a child. And guess what, i am still alive, had no problems to digest grilled grasshoppers and fresh ants. All of my friends who did the same had no problems. All the millions of tourists which go to the Bangkok market and eat insects had and have no problems. The rest of the world outside of the oh so advanced, the so called western regions like Europe, USA, Canada, Australia for example, are all still alive and don´t puke all night and day because of eating insects.

We are omnivores, we are able to eat almost everything edible on earth, that´s one reason for the success of the human race (if we can call the behavior of the human race a success at all). Huge parts of the world eat insects on a daily routine and have no problems digesting them. From own experience and the experience of millions or even billions of earthlings who ate and eat insects i would say it´s BS that we can´t digest insects. Maybe a campaign started by those who fear losses in their businesses if people in the western regions would also start to eat insects. It´s like with the cannabis legalization, you wouldn´t believe what the alcohol and tobacco lobby did and does to prevent a cannabis legalization here in Germany because they know that people who smoke weed often don´t drink alcohol and smoke any tobacco anymore.

That´s one thing. The other thing is, if such "suggestions" come from a fascist organisation like the WEF, then we know it´s not about "saving the climate"(what a silly hubris and cheap lie to have an excuse for the negative side effects of the Great Reset anyway) but about turning our former more or less free nations in GDR/China/NK-like dictatorships where the bigwigs have everything but the peasants almost nothing. If they tell me that i have to eat bugs and no meat anymore to "save the climate" then believe me, i will become the greatest meat eater of them all and i will never ever eat an insect again!

Except i am starving, people even eat people then, ask the rugby team that crashed in the andes. I bet these guys would have preferred to eat bugs before eating their fellow team members.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 06:06 AM
link   
This is really the most stupid of reasons. Really think about it. It's just comes down to logistics. Take a beef cow, how many people does that feed. Now try to imagine how many insects would be needed to do the same job, then multiply that up into the billions that need feeding.
Oh yes, some people in the world do eat insects, BUT, BUT, it's to supplement their diet or as snacks.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   
In many places around the world people have been eating bugs for thousands of years. To us it sounds yuck because that is what we were taught. They are a good source of protein, and for those who are into 'survival' it's not a bad idea to know which one you can eat, how to prepare, etc... just as for edible plants and flowers.

(it 'bugs' me when I watch post-apocalyptic-survival- shows on tv and everyone is half starving while there are edible, vitamin rich 'weeds' right at their feet!)

a while back my daughter brought home insect protein bars, just to taste them. Honestly, when you don't know what it is, there is nothing about it that taste like bug... nuts maybe... they are really not that bad

it's what you are used to...
edit on 27-6-2023 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: yuppa

Lovely. You've outed yourself as canibal. And expressed your antisocial personality.

Thank you for that.

I think you’ll find there are more people than you expect feel the same.
I will also be dining on my neighbors and their pets before I eat bugs.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Termites, cockroaches and some beetles produce the greenhouse gas methane. So they better not put them on the menu.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
This is really the most stupid of reasons. Really think about it. It's just comes down to logistics. Take a beef cow, how many people does that feed. Now try to imagine how many insects would be needed to do the same job, then multiply that up into the billions that need feeding.
Oh yes, some people in the world do eat insects, BUT, BUT, it's to supplement their diet or as snacks.

We will have to be chasing whatever insect exists all day every day. Haha what kind of woke nonsense they try to push.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Termites, cockroaches and some beetles produce the greenhouse gas methane. So they better not put them on the menu.

Even if they didn't (I am not quite sure how much they produce) then I am ok with beef and chicken or fish and seafood.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CloneFarm1000

your response relies on people being to dim to think for or feed themselves.. the thing is while we can say countries like the usa are armed everyone is armed with their wits and human ingenuity.

as i see it europe led technologically because being cold/hungry is a driver to get to a space of bring warm and having plenty to eat.. if that means stealing it from everyone else then that is what'll happen..

the lot we have in charge are clueless corrupt incompetents relying to much on academic theory, pushing europe to be cold/hungry is not going to give the liberal establishment a perfect breed of serfs, it'll create the opposite outcome it'll create barbarians inside their city rather than at the city gates..

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
In many places around the world people have been eating bugs for thousands of years. To us it sounds yuck because that is what we were taught. They are a good source of protein, and for those who are into 'survival' it's not a bad idea to know which one you can eat, how to prepare, etc... just as for edible plants and flowers.

(it 'bugs' me when I watch post-apocalyptic-survival- shows on tv and everyone is half starving while there are edible, vitamin rich 'weeds' right at their feet!)

a while back my daughter brought home insect protein bars, just to taste them. Honestly, when you don't know what it is, there is nothing about it that taste like bug... nuts maybe... they are really not that bad

it's what you are used to...

You mean in places where there is malnutrition and people consume less than 1,000 calories a day?

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I'll get this out of way. I'm identifying as a Muslim from here on out. It's so haram to eat such filthy creatures as insects. Going to read up on the Quran and get me a rug. Alcohol and Bacon are just the sacrifice I will have to make to keep eating all the clean animals. Them Islamophobes can just shut up about my Kobe beef.

Yes, another reason to claim Islam as my religion. They are starting to push back against the LGBT etc. movement in Dearborn and Hamtramck here in Michigan, plus they are ultra-conservative and our liberal governess is OK with Muslims (for the moment that is). I can be a closet Christian like so many in the Middle East, Christ will forgive me if I worship in a prayer closet (as the Bible recommends). Martyrs are honored in both religions as well, so I will have that if they catch up with me.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I feel the mainstream blames everything on climate change the same way doctors blame everything on smoking?

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
a reply to: ancientlight

They're going to make it illegal to sell meat because one article correctly points out that people in the east have been enjoying a fried grasshopper snack for centuries? Got anything to back that assertion up with, chicken little?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join