It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 to 45 degrees it flips

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well it looks like we are at the forty-degree mark, and the tracking has sped up. According to past cooled lava data, it either flips or tracks back. According to Gene from the Mavstar observatory, we are now in the danger zone. A major earth anomaly is occuring and nothing seems to be documenting this fact in the mainstream

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
Well it looks like we are at the forty-degree mark, and the tracking has sped up. According to past cooled lava data, it either flips or tracks back. According to Gene from the Mavstar observatory, we are now in the danger zone. A major earth anomaly is occuring and nothing seems to be documenting this fact in the mainstream

Same guy, 8 years ago. Big nothingburger then, big nothingburger now.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yes, but we are here now.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   

, we are now in the danger zone. A major earth anomaly is occuring and nothing seems to be documenting this fact in the mainstream

Yeah, OK. Sure. So God save the Queen.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:09 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

Yes, but we are here now.

And... crickets?

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:34 PM
link   
IM NO GEOLOGIST but I have heard of this causing massive quakes and tidal waves if it happens.

I can not agree that these are plausible concepts, but I am wondering of someone can enlighten me.

If the "magnetic" poles flip, I assume this is due a change in the rotation of the earths core, or some other core related event, since that is what creates our magnetosphere.
How does that cause the earth to suddenly stop spinning? which is I believe is where the theory of the tidal waves and earth quakes comes in. So the whole world, spinning at 1k mph, just suddenly puts the brakes on, no slowdown or reduction of speed, just "stop"?

But wouldn't north still be north? or are they theorizing a complete change in our axis/tilt related to the solar plane
I tend to be more concerned with the loss of atmosphere and increased solar radiation from a weakened magnetosphere

I just don't see how this theory pans out but again, I'm no geologist

Edit : how does this sit with people who believe in flat earth?
edit on 17pm30700000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

Man is a social animal, we work together to make things better, that is logically the correct thing to do if we all want a better life. Modern man has arguably been around a lot longer than the length of recorded history. So what went wrong? why haven't we recorded history going ba back many hundreds of thousands of years? We are not special. The fact is if there is a major earth change it would tend to wipe the history. I can see that as a real possibility. Plus it is reasonable to assume that the longer a society exists the more complex it will get, this complexity would also be a built-in fragility with more essential parts that can go wrong. Ok what went wrong, ... answer is we can never know because it is wiped. But there are plenty of reasonable assumptions. This sounds plausible it suggests that Lake Titicaca just cranked up. www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-6-2023 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Mag netic Pole Changes and Flips

Everyone please read.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Would NASA get any funding if they mentioned that a Carrington event which has a regularity about them, would fry most of the satellites and Lord knows what else on the surface and in near-Earth orbit?? in fact some of the feeds from the space station these days show obvious signs that they are a performance in conditions of earth gravity., why is that it wouldn't be because the radiation levels are a bit too high for comfort?
The truth is nobody has a clue what will happen in a flip, not even NASA.

itby]edit on 17-6-2023 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2023 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I can definitely ascribe to the idea of radical changes taking place, some over time while others are more sudden, but i dont think a change in magnetic poles would cause such geographic catastrophies, though as you point out, no one really knows, were all just guessing.

While i am familiar with this theory about the sudden rise of the region surrounding the eastern coast of South America, i am more likely to think it was related to natural tectonic movements given the areas known geography
I am more likely to ascribe to a vast flooding event coming from north of the himilayas. Any map clearly shows evidence of a massive deluge which spewed from its eastern and western flanks. Carrying with it massive amounts of sediment which now make up what we know as mainland china and the indochina peninsula to the east, as well as across the Arabian peninsula to the west, into the Mediterranean and north africa.
as illustrated by my crude art below

But i dont think either event was caused by changes in the magnetic poles

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

all a magnetic pole shift will do is cause

animals that use magnetic fields to navigate will go south instead of north, east instead of west, down stream instead of up stream.
gps will direct you to a bad part of town, into a bay, off a bridge, and always be recalculating.
toilets will flow counter clockwise instead of clockwise deppending on the design of your bowl.
you'll need a sunblock with a spf of 50,000.
there will be no great white north, instead you'll have to take off to the great white south eh!

now a axis shift greater that a few degrees that's something else i'm talking about the artic being on the equator, that would be pretty much everybody's and everything's ass except cockaroaches. them little bastards are said are going to out live everything. science also says there is evidence that this has happen before.

science says that there have been 171 reversals in the past 70 million years, the last one was 780,000 years ago, and we're overdue for one now. they also say that they can be temporary, and that a temporary one happened 41,000 years ago and only lasted 1000 years. and that when one starts, it take 1000 to 10,000 years to complete and start rebuild strength.

one thing that bugs me about what they say, if they happen as much as the say, wouldn't all of them be temporary?
in my mind permanent means forever, not changing and temporary is only a limited period of time; not permanent.

edit on 17-6-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: datguy
IM NO GEOLOGIST but I have heard of this causing massive quakes and tidal waves if it happens.

I can not agree that these are plausible concepts, but I am wondering of someone can enlighten me.

If the "magnetic" poles flip, I assume this is due a change in the rotation of the earths core, or some other core related event, since that is what creates our magnetosphere.
How does that cause the earth to suddenly stop spinning? which is I believe is where the theory of the tidal waves and earth quakes comes in. So the whole world, spinning at 1k mph, just suddenly puts the brakes on, no slowdown or reduction of speed, just "stop"?

But wouldn't north still be north? or are they theorizing a complete change in our axis/tilt related to the solar plane
I tend to be more concerned with the loss of atmosphere and increased solar radiation from a weakened magnetosphere

I just don't see how this theory pans out but again, I'm no geologist

Edit : how does this sit with people who believe in flat earth?

North and south are human semantic concepts, so other than whatever short term effects, such as wrecking GPS, a polar shift doesn’t change the fundamental system of the planet.

We would just call the new north “North” and the new south “South.”

We could have named the poles A and B, which illustrates the point.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   
SPAM

edit on 1/27/2024 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Mining of certain ore bodies could contribute to this. Diamond pipes and certain Jasper ore is geomagnetive. Some types of Iron mines but not all can contribute to geomagnetive changes too. Mining out dipole areas can be an issue.

The earth will correct itself by having volcanic activity and earthquakes that release certain minerals into the crust. Even building high cities are geomagnetic contributors like tearing down mountains for the ores are.

There could be some things we are doing that can accelerate this, even depleating groundwater can cause some issues. It is a combination of different factors that could be contributing to the lessening of the magnetic field. Yes, the flips do occur naturally, but we can alter the timeframe somewhat by human actions.

Is this guys concerns founded? I think there may be something to what he is saying, but this is not really my field of study, I did some research on it a few years back before they started fracking, and fracking can also cause a change in ground currents which might effect this too, but I would say that the fracking just effects local weather the most, moving the path of tornados and storms to a different path. That would bring some tornadoes into areas where they did not hit before, populated areas that were built where tornadoes did not occur before.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Nothing exists in isolation, This might be the symptom of something else occurring, A few weeks back it was reported that the molten core of the Earth had stopped turning, It is known that if the magnetic shield loses strength, more gamma rays get through to the upper atmosphere and create more cloud seeding and thus more rain. Another thing that has happened over the past couple of years is that the tropical and arctic jet streams have merged. To my mind that might be the state of the jet streams during a full-blown ice age, and another thing that during full glaciation when the ice caps are down to the latitude of London with kilometers of thick ice sheets, this is the normal for this planet.If the ice isn't distributed evenly during the build-up of the ice caps, then that amount of uneven mass might be all that is required for the lithosphere to move the imbalance to the equator where it will melt, seems to be a self-righting system from the get-go. So we are overdue for full glaciation, and overdue for a reversal, it all might be linked to getting back to normal.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 11:47 PM
link   

thanks for trying to downplay the doom-and-gloom. if I could, however, point out that it might not even be as bad as you're allowing for.

animals that use magnetic fields to navigate will go south instead of north, east instead of west, down stream instead of up stream.
gps will direct you to a bad part of town, into a bay, off a bridge, and always be recalculating.
toilets will flow counter clockwise instead of clockwise deppending on the design of your bowl.

"animals that use magnetic fields ... go south instead of north" : yes maybe, probably, but maybe not. They don't have a swinging compass needle in their heads, they have magnetite crystals embedded in their neurons, or some such. AFAIK, they may only be reacting to alignment of magnetic field lines, they might not be reacting to polarity.

"downstream instead of upstream" : no, have to disagree with this one. The primary mechanism for distinguishing up/down-stream has to be either gravity or the direction of waterflow. I don't believe this one will change due to magnetic fields.

"gps..." : GPS won't be affected by magnetic field polarity. If the field strength drops to near zero for an extended period of time, then the Van Allen Radiation Belts [VARB] go away... meaning high energy particles can get through. If we have no VARB protection AND the sun decides to send a solar storm or flare or coronal-mass-ejection in our direction, then GPS will be toast. It won't send you to a bad part of town, it will just be a toasted brick.

"toilets... counterclockwise..." : this effect is totally due to the coriolis effect, which is (physical) Mechanics. This has nothing to do with ElectroMagnetism, so your toilet water will continue to rotate in the same direction as before.

"need sunblock... 50,000" : this one is a real (maybe) concern. AFAIK, nobody knows how long the reversal takes (days? weeks? months? years? 100 years?). Life is still here from all the past reversals, so it can't be too long that we are left without the VARB (Van Allen Radiation Belt) protection. But if it is 1-10 years, that may still work out to millions of extra cases of Skin Cancer. If everyone promises to keep their gonads in the shade however, the species may still survive.

------------------

Regarding the original post:
that 40-45° is some critical point is just a made up number. I haven't seen anyone give a physically-plausible explanation as to why that is some critical point. At some point between pointing north and south, it might have to point to all the degrees between +90° and -90°. Alarmism about the numerological / mystical properties of 45° needs a better explanation.

------------------

I seem to recall that both Edgar Cayce and that Blind Bulgarian Gramma (Baba Varna?) predictioned a "Pole Shift" around the early 2000's. Cayce even went so far as to draw the new coastline maps showing what got flooded. Is it just me, or has anyone else draw the connection between the BRICS+ nations calling for a "MultiPolar World" to replace the "UniPolar World" (USA/Western Hegemony). THAT pole shift is demonstrably happening now, although the end of that story is as yet unclear.

It's like Cayce was playing the "telephone game" with the future (or wherever he got his predictions from), and they said "Pole Shift" to him, and he assumed it meant literally the North & South Poles... but maybe they were just talking about the poles of economic alignment in international affairs...

well, that's my 2-cents, before I have to convert them into yuan.

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: tnxoxodka

thanks for trying to downplay the doom-and-gloom. if I could, however, point out that it might not even be as bad as you're allowing for.

"animals that use magnetic fields ... go south instead of north" : yes maybe, probably, but maybe not. They don't have a swinging compass needle in their heads, they have magnetite crystals embedded in their neurons, or some such. AFAIK, they may only be reacting to alignment of magnetic field lines, they might not be reacting to polarity.

"downstream instead of upstream" : no, have to disagree with this one. The primary mechanism for distinguishing up/down-stream has to be either gravity or the direction of waterflow. I don't believe this one will change due to magnetic fields.

"gps..." : GPS won't be affected by magnetic field polarity. If the field strength drops to near zero for an extended period of time, then the Van Allen Radiation Belts [VARB] go away... meaning high energy particles can get through. If we have no VARB protection AND the sun decides to send a solar storm or flare or coronal-mass-ejection in our direction, then GPS will be toast. It won't send you to a bad part of town, it will just be a toasted brick.

"toilets... counterclockwise..." : this effect is totally due to the coriolis effect, which is (physical) Mechanics. This has nothing to do with ElectroMagnetism, so your toilet water will continue to rotate in the same direction as before.

"need sunblock... 50,000" : this one is a real (maybe) concern. AFAIK, nobody knows how long the reversal takes (days? weeks? months? years? 100 years?). Life is still here from all the past reversals, so it can't be too long that we are left without the VARB (Van Allen Radiation Belt) protection. But if it is 1-10 years, that may still work out to millions of extra cases of Skin Cancer. If everyone promises to keep their gonads in the shade however, the species may still survive.

------------------

Regarding the original post:
that 40-45° is some critical point is just a made up number. I haven't seen anyone give a physically-plausible explanation as to why that is some critical point. At some point between pointing north and south, it might have to point to all the degrees between +90° and -90°. Alarmism about the numerological / mystical properties of 45° needs a better explanation.

------------------

I seem to recall that both Edgar Cayce and that Blind Bulgarian Gramma (Baba Varna?) predictioned a "Pole Shift" around the early 2000's. Cayce even went so far as to draw the new coastline maps showing what got flooded. Is it just me, or has anyone else draw the connection between the BRICS+ nations calling for a "MultiPolar World" to replace the "UniPolar World" (USA/Western Hegemony). THAT pole shift is demonstrably happening now, although the end of that story is as yet unclear.

It's like Cayce was playing the "telephone game" with the future (or wherever he got his predictions from), and they said "Pole Shift" to him, and he assumed it meant literally the North & South Poles... but maybe they were just talking about the poles of economic alignment in international affairs...

well, that's my 2-cents, before I have to convert them into yuan.

They get the 40 - 45 degrees from the intermediate axis theory afaik, not the future but from the past...

Not new information at all but good luck proving anything PlanetSide.

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 05:32 AM
link   

edit on 18-6-2023 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Man is a social animal, we work together to make things better, that is logically the correct thing to do if we all want a better life.

Being a social animal also makes Man more likely to accept lies from people they do not understand, and the liars use that advantage for their own gain.

Modern man has arguably been around a lot longer than the length of recorded history. So what went wrong? why haven't we recorded history going ba back many hundreds of thousands of years?

Because there wasn't a written language.

We are not special. The fact is if there is a major earth change it would tend to wipe the history.

No. Unless that change would kill all humans, even without a written language stories of those events would pass orally through generations.

I can see that as a real possibility.

I do not.

Plus it is reasonable to assume that the longer a society exists the more complex it will get, this complexity would also be a built-in fragility with more essential parts that can go wrong. Ok what went wrong, ... answer is we can never know because it is wiped.

Again, that would only happen if all humans were killed or if only ignorant people survived.
There are many people that know how to make a simple furnace to make iron and copper pieces (assuming they could not recover those from what was left from before the "end events") and from there to make, for example, a simple generator.

In the same way, for those who know how to do it, after being able to create iron pieces it would be relatively easy to make steam engines or even internal combustion engines.

One thing about digital computers is that they can be made from any thing that has two possible states, so simple digital calculators or even computers can be created without the need for complex electronics.

But there are plenty of reasonable assumptions. This sounds plausible it suggests that Lake Titicaca just cranked up. www.youtube.com...

The whole West side of South America is on a subduction zone, that's what created the Andes.
(PS: I didn't watch the video, it's too long for my taste)

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

, we are now in the danger zone. A major earth anomaly is occuring and nothing seems to be documenting this fact in the mainstream

Yeah, OK. Sure. So God save the Queen.

And the Queen was not saved.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join