It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The big red wave that did not happen!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 05:38 AM
link   
There seem to be only two main issues this ticket; abortion and the economy.

Most young people are liberal; as they age and see the results of liberal politics in action (and on their paycheck/takes) their views become more conservative.

If the path this administration has us on continues, abortion won't be an issue much longer; nobody will be able to afford one.

It'll all pan out, though; for every baby aborted ten illegal immigrants will be welcomed to keep us on the 'right' path to liberal utopia.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Did that guy in Pennsylvania win? Not Oz, the other guy?

Unfortunate yes, the cognitively disabled person won, such an embarrassment...

Can you see how third parties screw up elections?

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: CyberBuddha

I believe it would have happened if they would have left the abortion issue alone.

Funny how that happen….. why would you pick that fight before a midterm. Or why was that fight staged before a midterm.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

Just going to throw this out there.
I do believe he has a few less personalities than most Republicans.
Damn I do love some salty tears in the morning.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Presidents usually have their party lose seats in the midterm. Especially in their first term (Obama lost 63 and Trump lost 40). While there's still a lot of races to call, the fact that the Dems' bleeding is down to a slight trickle is a major victory for them and for Biden.

On top of that, as I said previously, the pollsters have been wrong all night because they failed to account for the youth vote. So there's no telling how some of these closer races will go. I mean, who had Boebert trailing with only a few thousand more votes to count?

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CyberBuddha
The big red tsunami didn’t happen. The voters confirmed that the quality of candidates matters. The extremists and election-deniers on the right significantly underperformed while the moderates did fairly well.

I personally think it’s a good sign. The echo chamber of ATS clearly does not represent what’s actually going on in this country.

On 11/8/‘22 reason and moderation prevailed while Trump cultists took a bath.

I disagree; I think yesterday's elections tell us we are now in full blown tribalisum. Real issues facing local areas don't mater any more. People are voting for the poltical tribe they best identify with from a national level no mater what is happening to them locally.

Unfortunately for the Republicans their tribe is smaller and to widely dispersed to mount an effective challenge to the bigger Democrat trib that is more densely populated. Also due to this fact Democrats hold an advantage with big money doners and cooperation from big corporations.

To back up this opion one only need to look at the New York Governor race. It is not so much the fact that the Democrat won the race; new york after all is a blue state. But she won handily in an election that was expected to be much closer.

The Democrat winner in New York solely ran on the abortion issue. It was the only real topic she was willing to talk about as shown in her debt preference and TV adds. When she thought she was on the verge of losing she brought in all the big guns and their big message was abortion as well.

All the polls leading up to the election showed that the New York people where much more concerned about the economy and crime; with abortion being in the distant thrid or fourth place. Which makes sense since since losing abortion rights in new york is a non issue.

However now it seems that "abortion" drove many more New York’s to the election than the previous polls for months suggested?

The issue is .... abortion was not in any way shape or form on the ballot in new york last night. The issue of abortion in new york is settled law and there would be absolutely no way a Republican governor could change it even if he desperately wanted to (which he stated many times he did not want to).

And yet the non issue of abortion drove more people to the poles last night than the economy and crime which New York is facing challenges on?

People are no longer voting on issues that impact them; they are voting for their tribesmen. This is not a good sign for the country; its a harbinger that political life is going to get much more problematic and dangerous over the next few years.

It is also not a good sign for the Republican tribe; their size, less densely populated districts and lack of Wallstreet support makes them vulnerable.

And just to be clear I am a pro-abortion and this opion is not motivated by wins on abortion last night; those are good things in the places where it matters. Its just clear that it doesn't make sense that abortion would bring people to the polls in New York where it is a non issue in favor of abortion rights.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: WhatItIs

Technically the case goes back to 2018 but with Barrett Comey's appointment in 2020 Red States were eager to get their abortion cases in front of the Supreme Court. Arguments for Dobbs were heard in December 2021 and then SCOTUS had to make a decision before the session ended in June.

Republicans only have themselves to blame for this one.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   
This is clear examples of fixed elections

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

No tears here lol, Dems lost the House... bye bye Nanny, bye bye Trump trials... Hello Biden/DOJ/FBI investigations.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70
This is clear examples of fixed elections

Everyone's perspective is different, my news sources only ever led me to believe in a House win, I never expected a Senate take-over... the SCOTUS and the House are where the real power is.

edit on 9-11-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus
a reply to: Allaroundyou

No tears here lol, Dems lost the House... bye bye Nanny, bye bye Trump trials... Hello Biden/DOJ/FBI investigations.

Doubt it; Republican politicians don't have the stomach for such tactics. They don't like to be seen as the obstructionist party; which they will be branded all over big media at the slightest infraction. They did not win big enough to be bolder.

No the best Republicans have is their grassroots opposition. Big media however has been doing a good job branding them terrorists.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Senate was only ever a bonus, Republicans have the House now... and that's that

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I didn't dispite that Republicans have the house (and thats that).

I disputed the idea that they will use it to conduct Biden/DOJ/FBI investigations. Its much more likly they will simply stay quiet for the next to years hoping not to jeopardize their chances at winning the presidency.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: homerJ

Not a bit religious. I believe in capital punishment, just not for the innocent.

The abortion issue was seperate from the races in most states.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Presidents usually have their party lose seats in the midterm. Especially in their first term (Obama lost 63 and Trump lost 40). While there's still a lot of races to call, the fact that the Dems' bleeding is down to a slight trickle is a major victory for them and for Biden.

On top of that, as I said previously, the pollsters have been wrong all night because they failed to account for the youth vote. So there's no telling how some of these closer races will go. I mean, who had Boebert trailing with only a few thousand more votes to count?

Yes you have the MSM narrative down to the T, I commend you... you're not bleeding so badly lol.

But the Dems still lost the House.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Maybe not speak in wrong truths.
Kinda shot yourself in the foot didn't ya.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:33 AM
link   

You seem so sure on that when current projections only have them taking the House by a single seat. All it will take is one close race going to the Dems to spoil the Reps taking the House. Two and the Dems keep their majority.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ZNegotiator

Do you have evidence or sources for this cheating? It is it speculation? How are you so knowledgeable of the cheating?

This reminds me of people who say that Freemasons are a nefarious group when they've never even been and Entered Apprentice. I'd know because I was one of them until I joined them!

edit on 9-11-2022 by InwardDiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CyberBuddha
On 11/8/‘22 reason and moderation prevailed while Trump cultists took a bath.

I find it interesting that not only did the red wave only failed in the States with known serious problems with the integrity of their elections, combined with the fact that there actually was a massivered TSUNAMI in States that have or enacted major election integrity laws.

So, yeah, it looks like the cheaters cheated again.

And you celebrate the successful cheat.

Enjoy it while you can.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Maybe not speak in wrong truths.
Kinda shot yourself in the foot didn't ya.

Would have been nice but Senate is something I myself never expected...

It would be nice to have some fresh Democrat tears memes though if they lost that big, but you never know because that is still up in the air and GA is going into a run off Dec 6th.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join