It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The big red wave that did not happen!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CyberBuddha

www.nbcnews.com...

Republicans’ first step was admitting they had an abortion problem. Now, GOP candidates are racing to limit self-inflicted damage — and trying to blunt Democrats’ edge on the issue — before November’s midterm elections. For some, that has meant walking back support for a total ban, embracing more limited restrictions on abortion and trying to reverse the tide by painting Democrats as the radicals.

It wasn’t just young female voters, it was young voters across the board. From what I’m reading, historic numbers.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

The voters confirmed that the quality of candidates matters.

Fetterman grunts in approval.

So did Rocky in all movies. It was also a big success 👍🏾

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

www.nbcnews.com...

Republicans’ first step was admitting they had an abortion problem. Now, GOP candidates are racing to limit self-inflicted damage — and trying to blunt Democrats’ edge on the issue — before November’s midterm elections. For some, that has meant walking back support for a total ban, embracing more limited restrictions on abortion and trying to reverse the tide by painting Democrats as the radicals.

It wasn’t just young female voters, it was young voters across the board. From what I’m reading, historic numbers.

Yes, I stand corrected.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CyberBuddha

originally posted by: JinMI

The voters confirmed that the quality of candidates matters.

Fetterman grunts in approval.

So did Rocky in all movies. It was also a big success 👍🏾

Mickey even lives on his neck.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: carewemust

Your thread is non-compliant with ATS thread creation rules for a "Breaking News" forum. Just letting you know, in case it vanishes.

Now CWM it's okay they sound leftist, you know they don't have to fill out forms or dates or addresses or follow simple rules.

I think the HOA rules also forbid ad hominems on this site. Goes both ways, buddy.

Perhaps but that was not my intention, LOL I actually wanted to hear what you had to add

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
The jig has been up for a while...the divide is too deep now and too lopsided. We will probably see civil war on our lifetime. Which bodes the end of us as a powerhouse for generations to come. Just saying not advocating for as honestly that is the end of US world power and your nice cushy lives for a long while. But...sadly I don't see any real compromise anymore...and devoid of that its one a one way track.

If you believe the echo chambers then civil war is around the corner, but I believe that the American people will find a way to keep the Union.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Your thread is non-compliant with ATS thread creation rules for a "Breaking News" forum. Just letting you know, in case it vanishes.

Now CWM it's okay they sound leftist, you know they don't have to fill out forms or dates or addresses or follow simple rules.

I think the HOA rules also forbid ad hominems on this site. Goes both ways, buddy.

Perhaps but that was not my intention, LOL I actually wanted to hear what you had to add

Fair enough.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

I personally think it’s a good sign. The echo chamber of ATS clearly does not represent what’s actually going on in this country.

I’m of the opinion that many many of those that voted Democrat don’t know what’s going on in their country.

But you do…

Second line.

Seen it on the teevee.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Did that guy in Pennsylvania win? Not Oz, the other guy?

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I believe it would have happened if they would have left the abortion issue alone.

More people are hurt by high prices, than the inability to kill their unborn baby.

Or....maybe not.

Biden said just 2 weeks ago the economy is "strong as hell".

That's par for the course, he's so senile he couldn't read the line about "... in a hand basket."

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 03:02 AM
link   
My point of view, from here is Australia, is that apart from Trumps association being a total liability for your Republican party, is that the abortion thing is ridiculous, and only the fringey ultra religious right wingers in my country would sign up for such a thing.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:00 AM
link   

The big red tsunami didn’t happen. The voters confirmed that the quality of candidates matters. The extremists and election-deniers on the right significantly underperformed while the moderates did fairly well.

I personally think it’s a good sign. The echo chamber of ATS clearly does not represent what’s actually going on in this country.

On 11/8/‘22 reason and moderation prevailed while Trump cultists took a bath.
“Quality of candidates matter….”

“Trump cultists took a bath”

Are all right-leaning voters “extremists”?

Did the media drive this point home for you?

WHAT exactly IS going on in the country according to you?

Is this the best you have to defend what is clearly a highly contentious, volatile, and possibly a very long-lasting impression in America of what “the people want”?

What “moderates”? Where? Who are they exactly? Anyone opposing what you believe?

THIS ATS echo chamber member is yelling for a return of Bigfoot.

Was Trump on the ballot? Or did everybody sigh a point of relief in confirming how great Biden is doing?

Please explain. Thanks in advance.

Dude that just joined a year ago….

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: homerJ

the world has moved on from both Trump and Johnson both have to really revamp their images if they want to remain relevant in the face of todays cultural conflicts and the wheels coming off globalism (again)

That's why Johnsons' hero Churchill crossed the floor when it was apparent that progressive new liberalism and globalism was dead in the water, it was as apparent then as it is now that progressive liberalism (be it new, neo, ordo liberalism or 3rd way politics) has been dead in the water since 2007/8.

as to abortion that was a big issue here in the 13th century, not so much today aside from the panic within certain media driven circles who forget they don't live in the USA or live by American laws..
edit on 9-11-2022 by nickyw because: typos as always

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I believe it would have happened if they would have left the abortion issue alone.

Exactly this, and that's what I've been saying since the day they touched vwade.

Several women I know were quite vocal about it- voting straight ticket Democrat over this single issue.
I thought about making a thread, "the Christian right and the no good, very bad abortion" but it wouldn't have done any good. This was called for the Dems the minute it became an election over abortions.

All they had to do was leave that one thing alone and the Dems would have had nothing to run on, and instead the Republicans basically ran on that one thing instead of just gesturing vaguely at the nightmarish wasteland that is American policy under Democrat control

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I guess being a cis white male I had no idea.

Being a classic liberal and left most of my life I still wouldn’t.

My body My choice and all. Equal pay, women’s rights, etc all make sense. Plus it ain’t my call. I’m not a woman.

Why would I tell them what to do?

But.

Here in Cali we are voting to not allow women to terminate fetuses right up until birth. Correct if wrong plz.

I ain’t religious, and I don’t have the answers, but I’m thinking this seems beyond inhumane.

Even if us Californians are a lost cause and all.

edit on 9-11-2022 by slatesteam because: Y not?

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Funny that abortions is your concern.
I don't really know why abortions became such a hot topic.....again...because statistical analysis will show that they are way down since the early 2000's.
But oh no all the top dog Republicans will have you believe that every Democrat is killing babies and supports this.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: slatesteam

Funny that abortions is your concern.
I don't really know why abortions became such a hot topic.....again...because statistical analysis will show that they are way down since the early 2000's.
But oh no all the top dog Republicans will have you believe that every Democrat is killing babies and supports this.

Not sure it’s a concern of mine, so much as I’m positing a human interest. You seem to want to put my concern as the issue. Or words in my mouth. Like I GAF about “top-dog republicans” whomever they are.

Again I’ve been a registered D my whole life.

Until Now. And not because of this issue at all.

Let’s try this.

Are you okay with a baby being killed the day before it’s born?

And if so so, do you agree that is why republicans lost so badly?

Because needless killing and senseless violence are all around you.

Let’s not thread-drift. I just wanna know what happened and why. Kinda why I’m here at all. And not for politics.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Did that guy in Pennsylvania win? Not Oz, the other guy?

Hoodies over Hollywood in PA. it seems impossible.

Same problems same places, Whitmer (Michigan) & Hobbs (Arizona) & PA.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I told you guys inst a year ago when the SCOTUS chose to hear Dobbs what would happen if RvW was overturned and I was shot on. The Dems were galvanized and the youth vote turned out in record numbers.

If SCOTUS didn't touch abortion and Graham didn't double down by proposing a national abortion ban there's no doubt the Republicans would have taken the House and Senate by large margins.

What I didn't predict is a looming fracturing of the GOP. Trump had a bad night. DeSantis had a good night. That's going to have a significant impact on 2024 and I don't think Trump will accept a reality where he's not the GOP's candidate.

To quote a political analyst I follow, what was supposed to be a Red Tsunami has turned out to be just some light spotting.

Before 2024, the GOP are going to need to review their strategy (hint: election denying clearly is the way to go) and pollsters will need to come up with better ways to poll young voters. As a 34 year old I don't even like answering the phone for numbers I do know, let alone ones I don't and I know most Millennials and Zoomers (congrats Maxwell Frost) feel the same way. Young voters now make up the largest age demographic of potential voters. If pollsters aren't getting accurate numbers from them, there's no way their polls are going to be accurate. More importantly on this point though, the GOP and DNC need to stop ignoring young voters during the good times and scapegoating them anytime their Boomer policies fail.

Hopefully this has been a wake up call for both parties and we see some changes going forward.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The House is where the money is at...

Love how the MSM can even make a loss seem like a win.

As of 6:30am Nov 9th the Senate is still up for grabs and the Republicans controlling the house majority is at 83%

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join