It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow pride flag replaces POW/MIA flag at veterans memorial plaza

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Lol! I'm not a monster.

If I find I'll certainly share location.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I swear they just do things like this to trigger meltdowns from conservative snowflakes. I think it's hilarious, and I come from a military family, with my grandfather being a very historical veteran.

No. Their actions are very strategic. This movements future is being carefully planned out.

Such a tiny percentage of the population. But watch the pandering

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Hey. I never said anything about genders here.

I was preaching individual sexuality, it's the trans movement that is in your face and out to brain each children or what ever.

I know a gay guy who hates transgender people, he goes off on rants all the time. One of the rants he went off on was how they play victim and abuse the inclusiveness of the pride movement.

I mean how can you say no to them really? If you're gay, then be gay dont try to change your biological form.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
It is a disgrace period. Personally would take it down then burn it out of anger.

In Kansas City the World War 1 memorial was vandalized. Red paint x's painted over the generals faces and a hammer and sickle painted. F-ing commies. I tell you now if they get any more embolden there will be civil war. Damn Senator McCarthy was right. We should have rounded up all the Communist American Party members and shipped them to Moscow. I hate commies. Many American lives have been lost fighting that virus of ideology.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Flying anything other than an American Flag and/or the POW/MIA flag is and was inappropriate.

I don't care what month it is - unless you adopt a new policy to fly a flag for EVERY political/agenda group that exists. You either play fair and inclsive to all or you do it for none of them.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AnalyticalDreamer

Any veterans actually outraged by this or is this all just an overeaction? Seems a bit gay to me.

I'm curious of the age group.

I have 3 other vets here at work with me that it pisses off. 2 are marines and 1 army, aside from myself. That's 100% polled here are very much against it. You know what's hilarious? The army one is actually gay. Go figure.

Maybe it's where we live? Or maybe we just have more pride in what we were part of. But since that issue is for the dead vertrands, we can't exactly ask them how they feel so based on the rest of us... Doesn't look good for Team Rainbow.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: CajunMetal

Who gives a damn? They didn't fight under the gay flag, they fought under the US Flag.

They didn't fight for a flag, they fought for the people of America. Gays included.

He didn't say FOR. He said UNDER. Changing the words gives it a whole new meaning. Don't do that. That's how fake news starts....

But you'd know that, I bet.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Analbumcover

Judge not often gets tossed around by none Christians to shut Christians up like they are supposed to hang out and accept gays

See... They use words and mix the meanings around just like they often change the words around themselves.

Jesus said love thy neighbor. Love thy enemy. All of which were said and meant as they're read.

However....

Verses for Avoiding Evil Practices

Condoning and loving/forgiving are totally different things.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: odzeandennz

So AFTER the stories came out they are fixing it. Why not before? When did the flag go up?

Why would they take down the actual veteran's flag for 1 second to hang the rainbow flag? It's disgusting how you make excuses for this.

You're the one adding that the change was made after one obscure news site made a falsifiable claim.

No one is advocating to take down veterans flags,
The source itself clearly states when the issue was found and how it was fixed the next day...

Manufactured outrage...

So they did not know they took down the POW flag when they did it?

"The flag post was only able to accommodate one flag, and when we learned of that, we are quickly, the county government, is quickly changing it,"

So you are claiming they did not know it could only accommodate one flag when they went ahead and removed the POW flag due to the fact it could only hold one? Newsflash, as of that comment it still was not fixed, so no, it was not fixed in one day. It was fixed the day after that interview, after the public let them know how they felt.

Again I ask, why was the POW flag removed for 1 second. Why was it not a case of they went to add a flag, saw they could not, and came back later to add the rainbow flag.

They put up the one they felt was the most important, which was not the POW flag.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auth3nt1k
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I agree with you 100 percent man. We should get rid of the pow flag and the gay pride flag....screw them all...like Trump says he prefers his hero's to not have been captured. I'm with Trump. We should ban both the pow and the gay pride flag and make it the USA flag only....MAGA!!!! In our President's eyes those that were captured our a GD disgrace!!!

Wait what? I never wrote that we should get rid of the POW flag, and I am pretty certain the comment POTUS Trump made about "I like people who weren't captured" He was talking in specific about McCain who was a traitor to his own country as he was a rino and also a globalist.

Even your left-wing sources point this out...

Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured'

But of course, and like always, you try to take his comment out of context, like all good left-wingers always do... Just like you did claiming I want to get rid of the POW/MIA flag, when I never wrote or said such a thing...

edit on 28-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

See... They use words and mix the meanings around just like they often change the words around themselves.

Jesus said love thy neighbor. Love thy enemy. All of which were said and meant as they're read.

He also said: "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."
biblehub.com...

What that means is that even his followers must abide by the laws of the country/nation they live in. That includes immigration laws, for those in the left who seem to be unaware...

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

How, exactly, is it "brave" to be drafted and forced to kill people in a country that most people cannot find on a map? A rainbow flag is what bothers you? Get a grip. How many did we lose? I take care of a 'Nam vet. He is sitting upstairs right now, drooling from all the meds. He was a medic, taken from the Navy and put into the Marines. He watched all of his brothers die while he tried to sew them back up. Your outrage is misplaced, and is no better than the SJWs you (rightfully) look down upon.

And how did that war make us more free? I live in a police/surveillance state. Where do you live? Stop the lies. Stop pushing the nonsense that our soldiers fight for my freedom. I am disappointed in you. I have read, and respected, your posts for many years before I joined this website, but this is a travesty. Rethink your priorities. Shame. If anybody ought to be fired, it is you. And to top it off, you tell vets how to identify? Your "freedom" is Next Level BS.

Fought and died for the Beast System. There, I fixed that for you.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I swear they just do things like this to trigger meltdowns from conservative snowflakes. I think it's hilarious, and I come from a military family, with my grandfather being a very historical veteran.

How you got to "triggering conservatives" from disrespecting vet's is beyond me. This isn't political. But then again everything is these days with you all...

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
How you got to "triggering conservatives" from disrespecting vet's is beyond me. This isn't political. But then again everything is these days with you all...

Nobody disrespected any vets. Who is "y0u aLL", btw?

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Perhaps it would be a good idea to read the article.

They put up the "gay" flag because it's gay pride month AND because they have an openly gay person working there. When they put the flag up, they found out that you can only have one flag flying at a time, SO, they ordered a couple more rings and the VERY NEXT DAY, both flags were flying.

NO NEED TO GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BIND. I call fake outrage, and that's why I haven't posted in a very long time, and that's why I probably won't again for a very long time.

THIS SITE IS PATHETIC NOW. Very sad what has happened to ATS,

Maybe you should post more so we can be less pathetic oh not pathetic one

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Since vets have said otherwise I will take their word over yours.

"I wasn't happy about it at all because the park is supposed to be a veterans park," Williams told WRC. "People died. Now they took it down and put another flag up."

edit on 29-6-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian
People question why I dislike the LGBTQ "community". I simply tell them; "One day, these people will be above the law, allowed to do outrageous acts in the name of "gay pride" and soon to be a group of people that will have full protection from the authorities."

SNIP

"Community"

I always crack up when the media pushes this term.

Like the " black 'community'". Like, seriously?

There's a "white community" too, then?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join