It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow pride flag replaces POW/MIA flag at veterans memorial plaza

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

No triggering here, I'm just pointing out that the ways they go about raising awareness suggests it's not about being treated "normal", it's about being treated "special ".

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DorianSoran
Then I am guessing something went wrong in your end of the gene pool for you to think it is HILARIOUS to disrespect veterans, you know, since your family was so historical - yep, SURE it was!

Dorian Soran

My family absolutely is historical. I do not find a colorful flag to be disrespectful to anything. At all. It's a piece of cloth.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I swear they just do things like this to trigger meltdowns from conservative snowflakes. I think it's hilarious, and I come from a military family, with my grandfather being a very historical veteran.

Then you, Sir.... Have no respect for veterans!

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

This is bad, but not as bad as the title suggests.

But WRC noted that the flag switch ignited public outcry — and Glass said things would be smoothed over.

"The flag post was only able to accommodate one flag, and when we learned of that, we are quickly, the county government, is quickly changing it," he told the station. "So we're adding more ringlets so that by tomorrow morning both flags will be raised."

It never should have happened. If only one flag could fly, then it should have been the POW/MIA flag.

The POW/MIA flag indeed was raised again as the rainbow pride flag continued to fly, County Executive Mark Elrich told WRC.

And the Rainbow flag should fly beneath the POW/MIA flag. There is a flag protocol to follow. This is a Veterans Memorial park, so their first priority is to represent our veterans.

But it was only one day that the POW/MIA flag was down, and via mishap not malice, so I'm happy for that. And the Rainbow flag will only fly for Pride Month.

The rainbow flag will be up during June for pride month, the station said, while the POW/MIA flag will fly permanently.

edit on 27-6-2019 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The rainbow flag could be possibly considered a religious flag because it is a kind of belief. Most religions do not share homosexual beliefs. I would think that the government should stay neutral in displaying the gay flag since it is definitely a religious dispute. They can make a law that any citizen can display it but no government agency can. The US government can't technically fly a catholic flag. So they should not be flying a flag from a group with other beliefs that contradict christianity or muslim religions either, They should not fly an athiest flag either.

Oh there is Irony...

Imagine this...

the OT says that God gave the rainbow as a promise to never destroy the world again by flood.
- The flood was loosed upon the earth because of the wickedness of mankind

Homosexuals (said in a hillbilly voice - cause that's just funny) use the rainbow for a flag.

Got to love the Irony. That's more or less one big F.U. to the man upstairs. It's mockery at it's finest.

I still don't get why a rainbow flag. Is each color a flavor of gayness? I would think a rainbow would represent unity of races, not gayness.

Furthermore... I'm appalled that this guy who put the flag up there wasn't pulled out by the hair and beaten in the streets! I don't give 2 $#!%s that it was because there wasn't space or even if there was.... WTF!?! Hello.... Gays were NOT allowed in the military until Clinton. So, that's like putting up a Nazi flag in a Jewish cemetery.

For all of you who defend this BS, wtf is wrong with you people... I get it... You don't like lines drawn because you'll just want to cross them just to spit in the face of opposition. You'll even change your own ways and beliefs just to spit in the face of some opposition. Nothing you people do are based on logic. You take the word freedom and piss all over it just so you can oppose something, no matter how logical and how right it is and you always stand for the wrong and vilest things on the planet! But when it's in your personal favor, when you think of it, it 'should be defended by blood of innocents'.

Gay flag at a veteran memorial is a big snot ball in the face of veterans everywhere. That's MY memorial. It doesn't belong to the gay community and their flag.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Gay flag at a veteran memorial is a big snot ball in the face of veterans everywhere. That's MY memorial.

I'm sure you don't believe that because it was Clinton, who let gays in, there were no gays who served, fought, and died, previous to that.

I think it was pretty stupid for them not to have thought this out better..I'm not advocating for the flag or not.
edit on 27-6-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
If they have their own flag shouldn't they have their own country to live in ?

Send half of them to the agha khan's Island and the other half to Epstein's island, then maybe they could have their own country. Or since they have LGBTQ for Islam signs, send them to saudi Arabia, Syria, Jordaan, morroco, Egypt, Yemen, Iran, Iraq and Pakistan. They can try and fly their flags there.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/27.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Full Title: Rainbow pride flag replaces POW/MIA flag at veterans memorial plaza — and public outcry is ignited

This is absolutely ridiculous and a slap in the face to Veterans and their families. THEIR MEMORIAL has been invaded by an insulting dose of special interest politics. These brave men and women literally died for their country and now we are insulting them and treating them like dirt.

I am sure there were homosexuals that served, but can’t they identify as veterans along with all the others that fought and died for their country? Do we need to have every special interest, religion and race to have their own flag? Are homosexuals receiving special rights by having their flag there and replacing the POW / MIA flag?

Someone should be fired for thinking this was acceptable.

LINK

You act as if it were permanent and there were/are no LGBTQ veterans.

Many of those MIA or POW might have served/died in the closet, too, protecting your right to speak this nonsense about them.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Gay flag at a veteran memorial is a big snot ball in the face of veterans everywhere. That's MY memorial.

I'm sure you don't believe that because it was Clinton, who let gays in, there were no gays who served, fought, and died, previous to that.

I think it was pretty stupid for them not to have thought this out better.

I'll say again.. I don't give 2 $#!%s! Everyone is GREEN in the military. Not flavors of sexuality. It's not a gay or straight thing. It's a mother$@&$*!^ veterans thing. It's about people serving the greedy bastards because they are made to do so and died doing it whether they wanted to or not. It had nothing to do about what direction you wanted to put your pecker. I'm sure that when you're getting your face blown off, you're really just thinking about who you're going to have sex with that night... right?

You can't justify this with this kind of BS idiotic logic.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
If they have their own flag shouldn't they have their own country to live in ?

they do
It's called San Fran Sisco

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: vonclod

I think it was pretty stupid for them not to have thought this out better.

I'll say again.. I don't give 2 $#!%s! Everyone is GREEN in the military. Not flavors of sexuality. It's not a gay or straight thing. It's a mother$@&$*!^ veterans thing. It's about people serving the greedy bastards because they are made to do so and died doing it whether they wanted to or not. It had nothing to do about what direction you wanted to put your pecker. I'm sure that when you're getting your face blown off, you're really just thinking about who you're going to have sex with that night... right?

You can't justify this with this kind of BS idiotic logic.

I don't disagree.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CajunMetal

You act as if it were permanent and there were/are no LGBTQ veterans. Many of those MIA or POW might have served/died in the closet, too, protecting your right to speak this nonsense about them.

It has NOTHING to do with their sexuality!!! NOTHING. Why are you acting like it does? Who cares what they enjoyed before a cigarette. This is 100% military. Not 99.9999% It has zero to do with sexuality.

So what about gays being in the military? It was illegal to do so. You know... Like illegal aliens across the border. But because they do it, it should be legal and ok and allowed partisanship in citizen paraids?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: Metallicus

Perhaps it would be a good idea to read the article.

They put up the "gay" flag because it's gay pride month AND because they have an openly gay person working there. When they put the flag up, they found out that you can only have one flag flying at a time, SO, they ordered a couple more rings and the VERY NEXT DAY, both flags were flying.

NO NEED TO GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BIND. I call fake outrage, and that's why I haven't posted in a very long time, and that's why I probably won't again for a very long time.

THIS SITE IS PATHETIC NOW. Very sad what has happened to ATS,

It happened with the opening of the mud pit, no idea why the creators of this site woud add such a pointle$$ forum, there i$ no "deny ignorance" at all in politic$, just outrage culture on all $ide$

Ah, maybe ATS did it for clicks and views, dam I can be so naive sometimes

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
You've seen their flag, and here is their map.

I swear I thought it said dirty sheets. Lol. Well maybe......

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: odzeandennz

So AFTER the stories came out they are fixing it. Why not before? When did the flag go up?

Why would they take down the actual veteran's flag for 1 second to hang the rainbow flag? It's disgusting how you make excuses for this.

You're the one adding that the change was made after one obscure news site made a falsifiable claim.

No one is advocating to take down veterans flags,
The source itself clearly states when the issue was found and how it was fixed the next day...

Manufactured outrage...

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Except that works both way and your sexual preference belongs in your house and i would otherwise not know or care.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

You dont see anything wrong with replacing it instead of getting the ring for the pride flag and putting it up the next day? One is of more importance to the location, no?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Lol I'm not even into bibles but please quote the whole chapter.

A few verses later he tells you to beware.

Suck on that boyo.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think at the end of the day what they are really fighting for is if you have a child or a grandchild that grows up and turns out to be gay. If that parent can get past their hatred for their own family, they need to be able to live in a world where they are not thought of as wrong or indifferent. There is still a ways to go on that.

Many of us know at least one person that maybe they went to school with your kids. Who would have ever thought so and so would turn out gay? And it pissed his dad off so much, oh did it piss him off! It almost destroyed the young mans father.
He couldn't change him though. He was raised in church, made strait A's, not crazy, not stupid, taught right from wrong but he turned out gay. I think that kid needs to be able to go anywhere in the world safely like any normal person.

It took thousands of years to instill this hatred into the masses and its gonna take time to fix it word wide.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Analbumcover
a reply to: shooterbrody

Lol I'm not even into bibles but please quote the whole chapter.

A few verses later he tells you to beware.

Suck on that boyo.

Oh yeah
I missed that whole suck on that section anslbumcover.
Oh and no thanks, especially from someone " not even into bibles".
Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join