It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow pride flag replaces POW/MIA flag at veterans memorial plaza

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Any veterans actually outraged by this or is this all just an overeaction? Seems a bit gay to me.

By the way, just showed this to my brother in law who's a veteren he just laughed and shrugged his shoulders. Guess real veterens care too much about real issues and raising awareness instead of political flavour of the month.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: odzeandennz

So AFTER the stories came out they are fixing it. Why not before? When did the flag go up?

Why would they take down the actual veteran's flag for 1 second to hang the rainbow flag? It's disgusting how you make excuses for this.

This, especially when we live in a society that is now so busy over-analyzing everything to find out how "problematic" it is.

Did no one think it might be "problematic" to lower the Veterans' flag that is inclusive to *all* (including the gays even during Pride Month ... huh, isn't "inclusive" another big buzz word lately) to fly a flag that only represents on specific group of Veterans, even for a bit?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Perhaps it would be a good idea to read the article.

They put up the "gay" flag because it's gay pride month AND because they have an openly gay person working there. When they put the flag up, they found out that you can only have one flag flying at a time, SO, they ordered a couple more rings and the VERY NEXT DAY, both flags were flying.

That's the information I was looking for. First thing that occurred to me was, "why not fly both?? Or all?" I know of several groups that served in the armed forces, that identify with other groups. You, me, everyone knows that LGBT have served honorably.

I understand the ire, but it doesn't sound like it was an action that had intent to disrupt or disrespect.

Whoever endorsed/created/promulgated the "one flag" rule should probably revisit that decision. What better way to unite people that under the umbrella of those who stood tall and served.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Are you doing that judging on me that you literally just called someone else on?

You guys lol.

Anyway a way to link you bringing the bible and the gay pride flag into the same thread and help us get back on topic.

Mathew 7 17-18

"Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit"

"A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit."

Interpret that how you will, I take that as don't eat fruit from gays or whatever else is "evil" .

Also don't take me for your idiot.

Now let the thread get back to what it was. A disgrace to the veterans.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: Metallicus

They put up the "gay" flag because it's gay pride month AND because they have an openly gay person working there. When they put the flag up, they found out that you can only have one flag flying at a time, SO, they ordered a couple more rings and the VERY NEXT DAY, both flags were flying.

NO NEED TO GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BIND. I call fake outrage, and that's why I haven't posted in a very long time, and that's why I probably won't again for a very long time.

THIS SITE IS PATHETIC NOW. Very sad what has happened to ATS,

sad how pathetic you are not to see what is really going on here. I did read the article, and no, a pride flag does not belong in a veteran memorial ever. it is not what its about at all, get that one through your thick skull...…. I don't care what month it is.... it s about veterans, not gay people....

(post by shooterbrody removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I'd set fire to that disgraceful piece of # flag.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

NO NEED TO GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BIND. I call fake outrage, and that's why I haven't posted in a very long time, and that's why I probably won't again for a very long time.

THIS SITE IS PATHETIC NOW. Very sad what has happened to ATS,

Yeah, so pathetic that moderate democrats and some far left democrats have been so embarrassed by the actions of their own party that they had to flee and join the side that wasn't hateful and spiteful. Go find a forum full of lefties so you can have your safe space.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnalyticalDreamer
Any veterans actually outraged by this or is this all just an overeaction? Seems a bit gay to me.

None that I know, and I'm a contractor on an air force base who employs 2 retired veterans, and I have 3 part timers who are active duty at this time. Very, very few of them gave a spit about sportsball guy not standing for the special sky cloth song either. It's really just the ATS, GLP, voat, and GAB crowds who pretend to care.
edit on 27-6-2019 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
double

(post by LSU2018 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: LordAhriman

The whole reason why the LGBT lmnopqrs what ever it's at now is such a strong movement is because the more people use their sexuality as a joke, an insult, the more hate, the stronger their pride of basically just living becomes.

If people just stopped paying attention and accepted them as normal people it wouldn't be so in your face.

I find it funny how this blaze news source left some really key points out. And they claim to be no fake news source. Oh well.

Very few paid attention until the gays demanded acceptance.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Cool.

I'll be sure to start flying Confederate Flags in all the cemeteries south of the Mason-Dixon in December to honor those who had the backbone to secede and fight a tyrannical government.

I wonder how well that would be received.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

They still fought under the US Flag, not the pride flag.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CajunMetal

Who gives a damn? They didn't fight under the gay flag, they fought under the US Flag.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Who gives a damn? They didn't fight under the gay flag, they fought under the US Flag.

They didn't fight for a flag, they fought for the people of America. Gays included.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
post removed by staff

Why you attacking me? I haven't even given my opinion on gays?

You used the words of Jesus in an out of context manner to someone that might be a practicing Christian. Judge not often gets tossed around by none Christians to shut Christians up like they are supposed to hang out and accept gays. Those words in context kind of represent you better not judge unless you are ready to be judged so make sure your own room is clean because you'll have your own sins. That's why I told you to post the whole chapter that people could decide for themselves the context those words were used in.

And my name is An album cover thank you very much.

Now I will give my opinion about gays. I don't agree but they are free to do what they want. Getting their own flags raised around the world for a whole month when there are only 12 months in a year is weird.

Did they save humanity or something?

They are more protected than the white Rhino and they don't even have people hunting them in most parts of the world. Your flags aren't going to help the gays getting tossed of buildings in the Muslim world either so I don't see the purpose.

They take their scriptures more seriously than Christians apparently.

I was the one that bludgeoned the bible when I asked you to post all his words? Are you feeling alright?

edit on 27 6 19 by Analbumcover because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Jun 27 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: LSU2018

They didn't fight for a flag, they fought for the people of America. Gays included.

They fought under the US Flag. They did not fight under the gay flag. And yes, they fought FOR the US Flag. That's why it's on their uniforms.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Analbumcover

No thanks
You are an idiot
Gays are not evil

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Agreed, although I won't say under no circumstances should there be occasions where various diversity can be shown.

Let the top brass duke that one out.

There should be some kind of space for it, and other minorities that grew out of the US mainly (in a modern political sense). Uncle Sam might not like all his offspring - but they are his nevertheless.
After all the military dissolves racial boundaries.
I'd still say living cheek-to-jowl with a brother is the biggest destroyer of segregation in any form.
Yet this positive role of the military, and people demanding basic freedoms at home that they fought for abroad is rarely recognized.
Instead, the army is still viewed as toxic, racist and chauvinist.

But I am against any permanent appropriation by any country of the lgbt flag (as I explain and extrapolate on p.2 of this thread).

Actually, should an army be political?
As a conscript in the early 1990's the South African Defense Force described itself as politically neutral to party politics.
Although that was the biggest joke ever.
I mean not the SADF - we were formidable, I mean claiming it was politically neutral.

But what is the real motivation of this all?
Sweeties it won't pink-wash away all your apparent sins.
It will just make us "sinners" too.
edit on 27-6-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join