It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow pride flag replaces POW/MIA flag at veterans memorial plaza

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Full Title: Rainbow pride flag replaces POW/MIA flag at veterans memorial plaza — and public outcry is ignited

This is absolutely ridiculous and a slap in the face to Veterans and their families. THEIR MEMORIAL has been invaded by an insulting dose of special interest politics. These brave men and women literally died for their country and now we are insulting them and treating them like dirt.

I am sure there were homosexuals that served, but can’t they identify as veterans along with all the others that fought and died for their country? Do we need to have every special interest, religion and race to have their own flag? Are homosexuals receiving special rights by having their flag there and replacing the POW / MIA flag?

Someone should be fired for thinking this was acceptable.

LINK

+35 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
People question why I dislike the LGBTQ "community". I simply tell them; "One day, these people will be above the law, allowed to do outrageous acts in the name of "gay pride" and soon to be a group of people that will have full protection from the authorities."

SNIP

edit on 6/27/2019 by Blaine91555 because: Removed hateful comment not in line with the T&C.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Don't you know? Those veterans and prisoners are dead white guys. Far less important than their asinine cause that achieved it's stated goals years ago, seeing as they have the marriage and adoptive rights they wanted (quite rightfully might I add).

Get on the right side of history, fascist.

/sarc.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If they have their own flag shouldn't they have their own country to live in ?

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
That's so gay.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I would like to hear all of the US living presidents would think about this

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Not the first time the LGBTQ community have been pandered to and it won't be the last. It amazes me how much influence this group has...a group who consists of only 5% of the US population. I get that you want equal rights, respect and the ability to get married, but who in their right mind, thinks that a "rainbow" flag should be flown alongside a POW/MIA flag at a veterans memorial plaza? Why now all of a sudden? SHAMEFUL
edit on 6/27/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Saw "Full tilt" when I opened the thread. Yep. World has gone broken.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Perhaps it would be a good idea to read the article.

They put up the "gay" flag because it's gay pride month AND because they have an openly gay person working there. When they put the flag up, they found out that you can only have one flag flying at a time, SO, they ordered a couple more rings and the VERY NEXT DAY, both flags were flying.

NO NEED TO GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BIND. I call fake outrage, and that's why I haven't posted in a very long time, and that's why I probably won't again for a very long time.

THIS SITE IS PATHETIC NOW. Very sad what has happened to ATS,

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The POW flag is back up. Dufus gay council member realized he screwed up. They added more ringlets to the poles for additional flags but the damage is done for him. He wanted his gay flag up so bad he had no problem demeaning and insulting anyone to do it then he found out how many he demeaned and insulted.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I don't care for flags because they seem to cause such a ruckus when no ruckus is intended
June is ''pride'' month and in keeping with this the memorial was flying the pride flag in honor of that.

The fact that the POW flag was removed was there were only three flag poles and it would have been flown again starting in July. But the real reason was lazyness. The people were to lazy to think about just adding ringlets for a fourth flag to be raised until this month is over.

They were also lazy in not understanding that some people would be offended, veterans specifically and that degree of lazyness deserves a huge F in decision making on the part of the person or committee in charge of this that failed them.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I fully support any and all veteran's who were gay and would like a flag to be there to have their families bring one to their individual plot. What we have here is just ridiculous though.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
What's pathetic is the excuse you're using to justify this action. The fact is, this act was NEVER done before. Sorry if you're offended, but as a son of a vet, this act is appalling, since that flagpole is located at a veterans memorial plaza, that commemorates the actions of brave American men and women, both gay and straight, who served our country. There's no need for another flag flown on that flagpole, other than the POW/MIA flag. It's disrespectful to do otherwise and is just another pathetic example of officials yielding to the LGBTQ community.

edit on 6/27/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
News stories like these are designed to do one thing and one thing only...

From op source buried at the bottom :

The flag post was only able to accommodate one flag, and when we learned of that, we are quickly, the county government, is quickly changing it," he told the station. "So we're adding more ringlets so that by tomorrow morning both flags will be raised."

The POW/MIA flag indeed was raised again as the rainbow pride flag continued to fly, County Executive Mark Elrich told WRC.
The rainbow flag will be up during June for pride month, the station said, while the POW/MIA flag will fly permanently.

edit on 27-6-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

So AFTER the stories came out they are fixing it. Why not before? When did the flag go up?

Why would they take down the actual veteran's flag for 1 second to hang the rainbow flag? It's disgusting how you make excuses for this.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

They put up the "gay" flag because it's gay pride month AND because they have an openly gay person working there. When they put the flag up, they found out that you can only have one flag flying at a time, SO, they ordered a couple more rings and the VERY NEXT DAY, both flags were flying.

NO NEED TO GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BIND. I call fake outrage, and that's why I haven't posted in a very long time, and that's why I probably won't again for a very long time.

There should only be 1 flag flying at a Veterans Memorial. It's a place to honor the dead not a place to pander to an extreme minority special interests group.

If that one is allowed why not a flag for every other special interest group? Let's put a flag up for Mothers Against Drunk Driving as I'm sure someone there has been affected by that right?

How about flying the Gadsen?

Let's put up 30 flag poles at the memorial and fly every flag we can think up!!!!

People like YOU are the problem. People like you that think it's perfectly acceptable to shoehorn every special interest agenda into areas that have nothing to do with said special interests.

At no point should the POW flag have ever been brought down. At no point should there be any other flag added.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I swear they just do things like this to trigger meltdowns from conservative snowflakes. I think it's hilarious, and I come from a military family, with my grandfather being a very historical veteran.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
If they have their own flag shouldn't they have their own country to live in ?

How bout planet? Uranus

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Any Women work there and Black or other colors, they need their own flags as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join