It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Want to Ban Muzzleloaders

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Theoretically they could ban Muzzle Loaders and other black powder weapons because the A.T.F. doesn't consider them firearms. You could literally buy a black powder revolver and have it shipped to your door without a background check and 100% legally. In person buying a black powder weapon is just like buying a pack of gum but instead of being a pack of gum at $1.69 it is a pack of gun at $169.99. Sure they are a pain in the butt to reload unless you have a reproduction Remington 1858(if you have a spare cylinder),but they are just as deadly as a modern firearm.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn Dude what the hell are you talking about? Your claim is ridiculous and very much false. 90% of everyone I know is a lib and has guns out the wazoo. I think you have been brainwashed to believe the MSM. Maybe it is time for you to go out and meet some new people. I like to think that far reaching parties only exist where you want them to. I didn't vote for Trump now would I ever but I will be dammed if someone tried to come and take any of my weapons. Good luck 😊

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn I can see why a muzzleloader would be looked at for being banned without a special permit. If that upsets you then go get a gun and pass the checks. I did, and got many of them.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: projectvxn

I'd like to see this new muzzle he's talking about.....ugh

They people should stop watching the movies and go to the range and hear a silencer in action,

Ask and ye shall receive...

silencerco.com...

To be fair this should have been included in the OP, but I think he was so enraged that they want to make the world a safer place that he forgot to put it in there.

This muzzle loading rifle was actually.invemted to bypass gun laws...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

The shooter lied when he filled out the application to purchase the firearm. That is illegal.

Then I put it to you that, if your gun laws can be circumvented by someone simply telling lies then the system is inherently failing and needs to be replaced with laws that really would prevent people like him getting guns.

Nobody wants to take away all your guns (let's face it, it's impossible), so let's talk about making your country safe from mass shootings....

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Your claim is ridiculous and very much false. 90% of everyone I know is a lib

No it isn't.

Everything else is anecdotal.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

The Texas shooter was able to circumvent the system because the Air Force didn't report disqualifying information to NCIC.

Without that information there is no way of telling if he had lied. The Background check would have returned ok, which it did.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

The Texas shooter was able to circumvent the system because the Air Force didn't report disqualifying information to NCIC.

Without that information there is no way of telling if he had lied. The Background check would have returned ok, which it did.

So therefor the Air Force have blood on their hands, the laws, in this instance, that need to change are the ones relating to administration within the armed forces. Every time a mass killing.occirs, it should be a learning curve. What I see when a mass killing occurs is a whole lot of digging their heels in from gun enthusiasts if it was done with a firearm or those same gun enthusiasts calling (sarcastically) for the banking of whatever was used in said killing. It's really sad.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

It’s not just the Air Force or the whole DOD. It’s every single state too.

Apparently there are a few conditions that have backlogs or administrative laziness that have allowed huge gaps in the NICS system. This is something many gun owners have been talking about, but most would rather have the ban conversation. Because, you know, banning stuff works.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
If liberals want to take your guns away so much, how come 8 years of an Obama presidency took away precisely zero guns from anyone?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn WHAT..... So you base this off of what you see instead of facts? Way to go there big person. My statement is also anecdotal as it would seem.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

You take it a bite at a time, a gun grab invites civil war (weird word that) so you incrementally increase the cost, or regulate them out of the hands of the normal people.

Like the people that want to tax ammo like they tax cigarettes, its a paper weight without ammo. Also like any tool you have to use the skills to keep the skills so if you cannot afford to shoot it whats the point.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It must be exhausting to be an american, so terrified of everything.

I really feel bad for all of you.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
It must be exhausting to be an american, so terrified of everything.

I really feel bad for all of you.

It's not exhausting.

We do Pilates.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Then I put it to you that, if your gun laws can be circumvented by someone simply telling lies then the system is inherently failing and needs to be replaced with laws that really would prevent people like him getting guns.

The laws failed to work because the government that is in charge of enforcing the laws that were in place and were broken failed to enforce them.

Your answer to this problem is to replace the laws 'with laws that really would prevent people like him from getting guns'.
The law that would prevent a 'person like him' from getting a gun already exists.
What new law do you propose that would have worked better, since he was already a prohibited person?
The failure is the vaunted government, the ones that you place the task on.... they failed us.
edit on b000000302017-11-22T07:16:57-06:0007America/ChicagoWed, 22 Nov 2017 07:16:57 -0600700000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I own several.... after all they will kill you just a dead as a modern cartridge....a lil more smoke, but just as dead.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

that underground already exists and is huge!

they didnt create #

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: DBCowboy

that underground already exists and is huge!

they didnt create #

Not sure of the scope and size, but I know there's a veterans network.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

"Liberals Want "
"I keep hearing from the left "
"the liberal gun-grabber "

So...You a city council member in NYC speaks for the entirety of what you consider liberal Americans or the left?

I don't go around saying the right wing support pedophilia?

Can't take your OP credibly.

edit on 22-11-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join