It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Want to Ban Muzzleloaders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I keep hearing from the left that they "don't want to ban" anything. That's demonstrably untrue. There is NEVER a line the liberal gun-grabber won't cross to get their way and this, THIS solidifies it in ways no other gun control initiative has before.

At some point liberals who do support gun rights need to ask themselves exactly what it is about the second amendment they wish to preserve. Because they don't seem to be adamant about demanding that their representatives preserve their rights. In fact liberals who support gun rights don't seem inclined to support them at the ballot box. They don't ask their representatives to change their stance on guns. No, in fact they cheer lead further erosion of our rights and continue to support candidates that write legislation that is ignorant of the facts, and destructive to liberty.

Anti gun groups, and the liberal media who enable them constantly, embarrass themselves with their ignorance on these issues and support idiotic actions like these, even to the point of demonstrable hypocrisy, and still they enjoy support from gun owners who identify as liberal.

What say you? What is the disconnect here? Why don't gun owning liberals demand protection for their rights?
edit on 21 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I say let them give up their muzzle loaders- the rest of us will pay them a fair market price for them...

don't try and take away MY rights though- don't make me get the muzzle loader.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I'd like to see this new muzzle he's talking about.....ugh

They people should stop watching the movies and go to the range and hear a silencer in action,

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

This is so stupid.

These gun-banners are creating an underground where MORE guns are being traded, bought and sold.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Next thing you know they will try to ban me from owning a cannon, bunch of fascists

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Let's just put the BS behind us, and don't ban anything. The second amendment is the law.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Next thing you know they will try to ban me from owning a cannon, bunch of fascists

Hope not, I have two cannons.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Do you have cannonballs for it or you just shoot silverware out of it?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

12 oz soda cans in one of them and 50 cal muzzle loader bullets in the other.
No silencer though, that's just silly.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I flip through the different news outlets just to see if we are at war yet. I did catch that little interview and honestly I dont think that guy actually believes the words coming out of his mouth. I think he was paid to say that load of bullplop, then again I have never heard of Williams and not much of a watcher of Carlson to relate my opinion to the context. Let them try to ban whatever they want, they wont win.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

just like they Never managed to ban fully automatic rifles, and suppressors?

they may technically still not be banned, but I don't have the resources to legally get them.

I could make them for pennies, of course, but then I'm a felon.

they're winning, one law at a time.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I have a co-worker that is against guns. Her ignorance about them is matched only by her desire to ban them. She believes only 1 bullet at a time in a gun should be the law. She doesn't believe anyone should own semi-auto weapons.

She is almost the norm here for liberals. No clue about guns, but prepared to take them all away.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
That interview was pure gold. That guy was fueled by nothing but buzzwords and what ifs.

It was very hard to watch if you have a shred of knowledge and a single critical/logical bone in your body.

I actually felt a bit sorry for him in the end.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
That's hyperbole. Most liberals do not give a rat's a$$ about muzzle loaders. The more important message here is the constant sowing of discord being fed by the conservative media. You could literally sit here all day and say "liberals want to ______" and conservatives would believe it. If I came here and made a fake story, 100% fake you would believe it because that is the most efficient way to sure up partisanship. Now after nearly two decades the liberals do it now too.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

She's got the right idea. Swap bullets for seeds and every act of anger will enrich the environment.

I feel a kumbya coming on. C sharp. Whose with me????

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I think we should be allowed to have any type of weapon we chose but that's just me and yes I know that's crazy. But I like freedom. Even the freedom to hurt myself and others is important to me.

That being said the ,"I need a gun to protect my family from the government ." argument is just silly in our age.
An ak will do nothing to protect your family if the government sends in tanks and drone strikes your house.
We do not have the ability to fight the us military as a militia. We stopped being equal in firepower to them a long time ago.

I would argue that hunters need guns to feed themselves. I would argue that I need a gun to protect my family from citizen home invasions, not the government.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I'd like to see this new muzzle he's talking about.....ugh

They people should stop watching the movies and go to the range and hear a silencer in action,

He's referring to SilencerCo's integrally suppressed muzzle loader which IS regulated by the ATF. But this idiot wouldn't know that because facts are just too troublesome.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

The ignorance. The stupid.

It hurts.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

They shoot automatics at the range all the time the next county over where I`m at, theres a special license for it that I`m not familiar with. Now not just anyone can walk into a store and buy M16A3, and you aint going to be ordering a Ma Deuce and 100rnds of rock and roll off the internet and I`m ok with that. If the guy was truly serious about banning muzzle loaders than take that as a red flag hes an idiot.

For those of us like myself, that never want to do harm to another human being but yet still find shooting a full automatic weapon fun, ought to have a space to do so as responsibly as possible. Fair enough?
edit on 21-11-2017 by StratosFear because: one number off

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

There's been an insurgency in Afghanistan for 16 years.

Can you imagine what an American insurgency would look like?

I'm not counting on my guns to fight a domestic war.

I will count on the years of COIN training the army gave me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join