It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. signed agreement with Mexico to teach illegal and legal immigrants to unionize....SERIOUSLY?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
Here in the UK we have a lot of immigrants, at first we were told to keep quiet because to speak out against mass uncontrolled immigration was racist. When they lost the ability to use the racist card against us they found another way to make mass immigration acceptable.

Now mass immigration proves how well a country's doing economically, apparently the more that flood in the healthier the economy and this is what they feed to us.

A shame that they use these stories to cover up the cracks in society.

Ok, mass immigration into a country possibly shows the strength of an economy is attractive but that doesn't mean that the problem has gone away.

Mass immigration also makes competition for each job a lot harder, can create ghettos at alarming rates, can strain public services, causes dumbing down of the education system, forces wages down, and increases house prices making it unaffordable for first time buyers.

So mass uncontrolled immigration does not help the people, but as long as the government gets tax money they don't care.

So basically I'm saying be prepared for the MSM to start praising the strong US economy and try and spin mass immigration into a positive, when it isn't.

Different subject I think, this thread is about unions, all well and good chartered in the right way.
Just think, a world cup coming up in Qatar..Oh! jolly fecking good, plenty of drinkypooos allowed and all the silly talk, except...

www.smithsonianmag.com...

No unions you see? enjoy your pint!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
i think "illegal" is the key word here.
why do "illegal" people have more doors opening for them than legals?
i wish we had a government that upheld the existing laws...thats all.
my ancestors were immigrants also..legal immigrants!
many legal Hispanics i know are not very happy about this either.

I am white bread American. I have every single opportunity available that is allowed by law. Some legal races have additional opportunities but that isnt for this discussion.

I am educated. Have a good job. Insurance. Union if I wanted it. Can buy anything I like. And travel anywhere I like. Can and do own property. Pay my taxes. Etc.

I left home at 18 with no more than 400 dollars in my pocket. And I am where I am through no help from any government agency short of having these bennies available if the time comes where they may be needed. I earned it.

Never taken wic, unemployment, welfare, or even a handout.

Now, excluding all illegals, what percentage of the legal population do you think takes advantage unfairly of benefits?

I would wager the problem is alot bigger of people with social security numbers than suggesting the illegals are the vast majority.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

again..the working word here is "illegal"..meaning NOT legal.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
I live in a town of 8k people. Lived here my whole life, so I know just about everyone. There's one grocery store which is also our main western union, that's mostly how I keep tabs on the WIC and money transfer. I help maintain the convenience stores that serve as the other WU's, so they don't escape my attention. The Game is prevalent here(direct connections to The Valley), and I have close friends in it. That's how I know about the drugs and related activity of the illegal in that department. Feel free to ask me anything else.

edit on 3/30/2015 by CaptainTwig because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Let us all know how that works out for you when the US becomes a third world country, ...

Look around you. Look around this site. If you are in America, look out your window.

You get what you try and work for. You are no more privileged than Bill Gates. Except you might be disillusioned because that isnt your name.

You dont get most of what this country offers in any third and most second world countries.

I will be long dead before it happens. Very long dead.

Sorry to bust your doom saying.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
Illegals are finding the correct and legal paths to legality. Problem with that?

Illegals are doing alot of the crap jobs alot of legals really dont want to lower themselves to do. Problem with that?

Illegals work for crap cash wages, with no benefits, and no supporting services like the legals expect without question. Problem with that?

Illegals get crapped on when something goes wrong or they get hurt. Problem with that?

Illegals seem to work alot harder, alot better, and much more reliably than legals. Problem with that?

Illegals strive to be American, want to be American, and can even fight in wars as an American? Problem with that?

Illegals spend money in America, pay sales taxes like legals. Problem with that?

Disclaimer: my statements are not all inclusive. Same goes for legals. And my definition of legals are all race inclusive. Finally, I am not pro union as an American as that is my prerogative.

My point is, there is no reason to exclude them from employment, benefits, medical care, let alone a unitized voice where they have none. It will make the country as a whole stronger and more viable. There is no reason to beat them down any further than they already are. They are human beings who left everything behind to start a new life in a country that gives them promise. Kinda like back in the day when America was just beginning.

Or have we become so exclusively callous and high and mighty that we shut the doors to being humane.

There is a reason. They are not citizens, period. Your feel good crap doesn't change the fact the we have MANY problems already without adding a flood of new people to it.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Trpl post lol
edit on 30-3-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Dbl post

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainTwig

Seems you would know the difference between WIC and EBT if that was the case.
Unless they are just buying milk and eggs and baby supplies.
Also didn't know you knew all of their finical statuses, seems like you have your nose in a lot of peoples business.
What ever, good to know you are the all knowing citizen of your town.
Also still interested in how you know who is legal and not, no possible way you can know from just working at a store.

I agree we should be taking care of our own here, we should start by not being so hell bent on destroying unions.
Get the corruption out sure, but that can be done with out getting rid of them.
edit on thMon, 30 Mar 2015 20:19:08 -0500America/Chicago320150880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IntroduceALittleIrony

LMAO.... feel good crap?

No, its called reality.

Another reality is that if you slam the borders shut, those problems dont go away. They grow. Because then you have a bunch of over privileged under achievers complaining another reason why things arent their utopia.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Same old bull# arguments I hear over and over again. Bottom line: you don't pay taxes you're a drain on society. No amount of obfuscation can change that, and I won't even bring up the crime and drugs they bring with them. O wait, I just did.

edit on 30-3-2015 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Looks to me that your article has sensationalized the letter of agreement may be a bit more than sensationalize.

Well, at least they had a link to it in the article.

National Labor Relations Board and Mexican Foreign Ministry Sign Letter of Agreement
Office of Public Affairs
202-273-1991
[email protected] (link sends e-mail)
www.nlrb.gov

August 7, 2013

August 26, 2013 the Chicago Office of the NLRB and the Mexican Consulate in Chicago will sign a local agreement to strengthen cooperation and collaboration between the NLRB and the Consulate and improve access to information and education regarding rights and responsibilities for Mexican workers, their employers, and Mexican business owners in the United States.

On July 23, 2013 the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the United Mexican States signed a national letter of agreement in Washington D.C. The NLRB is the independent government agency responsible for enforcing the National Labor Relations Act, the primary law governing relations between employers and employees in the private sector. The Act guarantees workers the right to join together, with or without a union, to improve their wages and working conditions, or to refrain from such activities. Employers and employees alike are protected from unfair labor practices.

Under the framework, the NLRB and the Mexican Embassy in Washington, D.C., as well as NLRB Regional Offices and Mexican Consulates nationwide, will cooperate to provide outreach, education, and training, and to develop best practices. The Agreement is an outgrowth of initial negotiations between the NLRB’s Chicago office and the Mexican Consulate in Chicago. The framework has been used by other federal labor agencies, including the Department of Labor and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, which have similar agreements with the Mexican Embassy and its consulates.

“With coordination from the consulates, we expect to meet with Mexican workers around the country to help forge innovative solutions to issues specific to their needs,” Acting NLRB General Counsel Lafe Solomon said. He noted the letter of agreement will also increase the NLRB’s ability to provide employers, including Mexican business owners in the United States, with resources directly available to them, including access to education and training resources regarding rights and responsibilities under the Act.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

LMAO.... feel good crap?

No, its called reality.

Another reality is that if you slam the borders shut, those problems dont go away. They grow. Because then you have a bunch of over privileged under achievers complaining another reason why things arent their utopia.

LOL wat?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Don't come in here with that Grim, this is about the destruction of the united states.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Who are these under achievers? The people who no longer have cheap labor to hire? Or the people that replace the cheap labor?

Are you saying the illegal workers are a good thing because they work harder and cheaper than legals? What happens when/if they become legal?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

My point is, there is no reason to exclude them from employment, benefits, medical care, let alone a unitized voice where they have none. It will make the country as a whole stronger and more viable. There is no reason to beat them down any further than they already are. They are human beings who left everything behind to start a new life in a country that gives them promise. Kinda like back in the day when America was just beginning.

Or have we become so exclusively callous and high and mighty that we shut the doors to being humane.

It's people like you in 30 years that will say where the hell did my country go?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I have generally found that when I read an article that doesn't sound right it usually isnt, but you have to keep reading to find that out.

Mundane doesn't sell newspapers or get clicks our society made it that way.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Sensationalized how? That was just the memorandum of understanding signed in 2013. What was just signed is what is stated in the article.

edit on 3/30/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

Yea and teaching them, encouraging them to unionize will be the end of the honeymoon really. It wont work. Mexicans will go from being desired labor to a big pain in the azz.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Sensationalized how? That was just the memorandum of understanding signed in 2013. What was just signed is what is stated in the article.

As far as I can tell the article is about that letter saying similar have been extended to other countries as I have found no other links to any letters that may have been amended.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join