It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. signed agreement with Mexico to teach illegal and legal immigrants to unionize....SERIOUSLY?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: sstech

If you believe that an illegal immigrant, without a basic, grade-school education, green card, social security number, or the ability to speak fluent English, is stealing your job, you seriously need to re-evaluate your chosen profession.

Most illegals are in many areas of the workforce. They aren't just working in fields anymore. They work in factories, landscaping, construction, roofing, hotels etc. Many of our citizens do that kind of work and illegals are getting hired before them. So...yes they do indeed take jobs. No American citizen should be turned away from a job while an illegal takes his place.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
America is reaping the reward of electing a person like Obama who entered into politics only because he had the assistance of the Italian US Mafia who got him in the senate using ballot stuffing, voter fraud, muscle, bribery, and who knows what else. They taught him how to do the things he has been exposed already as doing, and they taught him how to not get prosecuted at doing them. Who is better at organized crime and not getting punished than the Mafia?

No one. They know how to do it very well.
America deserves what it is getting for being so gullible and naive, and rather than learn and make amends, denial and stubborn self image is all we see with the continued defense of such a walking toilet bug as our current president. Holder, and many others still on the payroll are all contributing to very unique crimes against America.

Imagine what we still don't know that these people are doing behind America's back right now.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
America is reaping the reward of electing a person like Obama who entered into politics only because he had the assistance of the Italian US Mafia who got him in the senate using ballot stuffing, voter fraud, muscle, bribery, and who knows what else. They taught him how to do the things he has been exposed already as doing, and they taught him how to not get prosecuted at doing them. Who is better at organized crime and not getting punished than the Mafia?

No one. They know how to do it very well.
America deserves what it is getting for being so gullible and naive, and rather than learn and make amends, denial and stubborn self image is all we see with the continued defense of such a walking toilet bug as our current president. Holder, and many others still on the payroll are all contributing to very unique crimes against America.

Imagine what we still don't know that these people are doing behind America's back right now.

What about the people that didn't vote for him or any of his party? What about the people who point out his under handed actions and try to fight it by the few and ever shrinking legal means they are left?

There are other people in the US besides the ones that voted for him, but they're paying the same price on their freedom.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

US just needs more helping hands to do sh#t what nobody else are willing to do.
Cheap workpower....nothing else.
And this is how real citizens will lose their jobs, beacuse those immigrants are willing to do it 2-3 x cheaper...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Give a man a fish and you'll have to feed him for life. Teach him how to negotiate, and he'll make enough money from fishing to feed himself and his family, and contribute to his community.

...it sounded good in my head.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
HVAC, Air Conditioning, Retail, Food Industry, Hospitality, Car Repair, Retail, Construction, Landscaping (which used to pay good money), Medical industry, Film Industry, Painting, Plumbing, Handyman Services...

ALL are industries affected by Illegal Immigration and labor value depreciation.

Illegals working in the "fields" are UNDER 4% of the total workforce.

"Jobs Americans won't do"???

MY A$$$$$$$

I just saw yesterday at work......the landscaping crew was owned and ran by a Mexican with white boys working as labor for him.

But yea I see foreigners from all over doing all sorts of higher dollar skilled work. Managers, skilled construction ect. Truth is most of them never wanted to be base labor workers forever. The ones that came to stay.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
if the illegals are effective in demanding higher wages and better treatment, it might make them less hireable in the future. American's might actually get some of the most crappy jobs back when employers are forced to pay everyone more. The incentive to hire cheep labor could be lost.
edit on 04am10am302015-04-01T10:58:12-05:0010America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

If you believe that an illegal immigrant, without a basic, grade-school education, green card, social security number, or the ability to speak fluent English, is stealing your job, you seriously need to re-evaluate your chosen profession.

Most illegals are in many areas of the workforce. They aren't just working in fields anymore. They work in factories, landscaping, construction, roofing, hotels etc. Many of our citizens do that kind of work and illegals are getting hired before them. So...yes they do indeed take jobs. No American citizen should be turned away from a job while an illegal takes his place.

Heard that before too.

Here is a quote:

"Most natives do not face significant job competition from immigrants; however, those who do tend to be less-educated and poorer than those who face relatively little competition from immigrants. "

This is the source:

www.cis.org...

The information is a little dated, but mostly relevant.

So, again, if you are facing competition in the workplace from illegal immigrants, you seriously need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask yourself where the problem actually is.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

And then ask who's fault is it that they were offered the job.

They can't take the job if it is not offered to them,.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Your argument is circular. If your issue is that illegal immigrants are receiving assistance with setting up labor unions, that has already been going on for several decades, so this isn't really news.

If your issue is that they are taking away jobs, which are being offered to them at the fault of the employer, then the forming of unions will, by necessity, require the employers to offer higher wages and working standards. At that point, the union becomes counter productive and works against its own cause as employers will seek a higher-educated workforce to replace them at the cost the union is demanding.

What is more likely, however, keeping in mind it was partly due to the unions actions that caused many employers to send manufacturing and tech jobs overseas, is that the immigrant workforce is replaced by machines with fewer demands, forcing the immigrants to seek higher-education, or employment elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I think you missed my issue.

Mine is people getting made at the ones taking what is offered to them.

When the ones offering to save the money get the free pass.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Nobody is getting a free pass. The only people getting mad at anyone are people who didn't look very hard to get all the actual facts. This is a conversation from Reddit that should explain it well enough.

www.reddit.com...

There is a quote, from the sourced article, that you should pay special attention to, because it sums up the problem succinctly.

"I hired illegals as part of my restaurant management duties.
When I asked my boss about it, he said, "We're not INS agents. We send the information to the government and if they don't tell us the person is illegal, we can't do anything about it. We did our duty."
It would be discriminatory to not hire a Mexican or Central/South American because we thought they might be illegal.
We did our best, but if the documents looked real enough we'd hire them.
(We could only hire those that did apply. We treated employees well, followed labor laws and paid above minimum wage. I hired all 4 American born employees who applied, but that was 4 people in 5 years.)"

It's not malice or conspiracy, it's business and bureaucracy.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Here's my general take on this.

TPTB want people who work hard, and work for almost nothing.

They don't want people who need fair wages, plus internet, cable, and other things. Those people--us--are the ones they have to meet with some kind of fair treatment. Our standards of living are higher than the illegals. We need more. AND we want more. We're harder to use as tools than the illegals.

So, they bring in a herd of people that they can fashion into slaves. They pile in, more and more as time goes on, and they slip our economy away from us. What happens to us? We weed out, we lose our jobs, eventually we die off... the middle class will succumb to the lower class, or a few of us may somehow crawl up to the upper class. This is over a long period of time, of course.

OR, they don't have a master plan and they're just bringing people in so they can look like the loving heroes. Think about it. America doesn't exactly have the greatest reputation around the world. Adopting illegal children would make our government look less like a mass-destructive invasion force, and they simply aren't taking our economy into consideration. We don't have leaders who served in combat anymore. We have leaders who were BORN into their wealthy and powerful positions. They have no idea how the rest of us live -- and they may well be clueless as to how their actions affect our way of life.

Those are the two possibilities I see.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join